Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD on a new laptop

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD on a new laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I bought a Lenovo Idepad Gaming 3 laptop with a dedicated Nvidia GTX 1650ti video card 2 weeks ago and have been dealing with multiple blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SilverHawk20, Feb 1, 2021.

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD on a new laptop

Hi!

I bought a Lenovo Idepad Gaming 3 laptop with a dedicated Nvidia GTX 1650ti video card 2 weeks ago and have been dealing with multiple blue screens of death and random crashes. Most of the time the system tells me is an " IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" but I've also got a "kmode_exception_not_handled" and other times just a black screen, this errors can appear multiple times in an hour or just once a day and nothing specific seems to trigger them, I've got them while watching a YouTube video or just idle on the desktop and I've also been able to run a resource intensive game for hours without an issue.

I've tried all this already to no avail:

* Installed all Windows updates

* Downloaded all driver updates from Lenovo

* Installed all the recommended driver updates from Nvidia

* Installed all the recommended driver updates from AMD for the integrated video card and processor

* Reset Windows to factory mode

* Downloaded a clean iso and reinstalled Windows 10 from a usb drive

* Ran Windows Memory Diagnostics and got no errors

* Ran the Error Checking tool on the SSD and got no errors

* Ran the Hardware and Devices troubleshooting tool and got no errors

* Disabled all the non-microsoft services on System Configuration and rebooted

The only thing that seems to have solved the issue was to enable Safe Boot on System Configuration, when I did this I got no errors for more than 12 hours.

You can find the .dmp files I had a lot more of these but lost them when I reinstalled Windows and also some relevant screenshots of what I've tried so far on this Drive folder. Let me know if you need any aditional information.

Thanks for the help!

:)

SilverHawk20, Feb 1, 2021
  2. tsmax17 Win User

BSOD every few hours. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, irql_not_less_or_equal, kmode_exception_not_handled

Getting a BSOD every few hours regardless of what I'm doing with varying responsible drivers and bug check strings.

Gotten the strings:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

irql_not_less_or_equal

kmode_exception_not_handled

I have tried:

running memtest86, all ram is good to go

flashing up to date bios

windows repair tools

updating/reinstalling every related driver

reinstalling windows

and others I am forgetting

here are some dumps I've collected over the past month:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/197TpL_25RmFnEa2H5kb9WA_vnjtQYCDk?usp=sharing

Nothing has worked so far, honestly at a loss as to what to try next other than a reformat and new install of windows. Hoping somebody can give me some insight, been troubleshooting this for nearly 6 months off and on at this point.

tsmax17, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD in Windows 10

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• When did the BSOD screen appeared?

• Have you made any changes in settings or installed any third party software prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Babu V
    in the link below and check if it helps:

How to troubleshoot blue screen
    errors in Windows 10

For more information regarding this error code, you can refer to the link below:

Bug Check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Check if it helps.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 1, 2021
  4. mSoluja Win User

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD on a new laptop

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error

here is new kind of BSOD code KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

and accompanying DMP file: 061417-7375-01.dmp

thanks again for all help

mSoluja, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD on a new laptop

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD on a new laptop - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD

2. BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...: Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help in diagnosing my computer. Last month I posted here as well that my computer was crashing. A user helped read through my dump file and found as my Shure device causing issues. After uninstalling that program my computer seemed to be...
  3. BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...: Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help in diagnosing my computer. Last month I posted here as well that my computer was crashing. A user helped read through my dump file and found as my Shure device causing issues. After uninstalling that program my computer seemed to be...
  4. Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs: Hi, I am getting frequent from immediately after startup to couple days BSODs, usually with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error codes.My setup is ASUS K501UW laptop i7-6500U, GTX 960M, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 750GB HDD with Dell D3100 dock station,...
  5. Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs: Hi, I am getting frequent from immediately after startup to couple days BSODs, usually with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error codes.My setup is ASUS K501UW laptop i7-6500U, GTX 960M, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 750GB HDD with Dell D3100 dock station,...
  6. Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Daily BSODs (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

in Windows 10 Support
    Daily BSODs (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL): I bought this computer about 2-2.5 months ago and I've been getting so random restarts not long after, i have warranty for it but I'm not in the US right now and it would be expensive to send it back right now so I'm making this post to maybe find a fix so that I might not...
  8. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED both related to...

BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED both related to...: Hi So I'm receiving these BSOD's, not often, and I do not know what is the cause. Here are the dump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!An5QXBDVVclZguBWToX6LPdqxo1iCw?e=2xhPOm Thank you! It might be related to my external hard disks, I'm not sure. I was downloading something...
  9. Various BSODs KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, others

Various BSODs KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, others: Hi, I'm having constant trouble with BSODs on my computer, mostly stuff like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I'm pretty sure it's some faulty driver, because I've ran memtest86 and the RAM has come up not faulty. If you need any more information, please let me know. Here are all...
  10. Receiving IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on a new fresh pc...

Receiving IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on a new fresh pc...: A couple of days ago I upgraded my PC to a Ryzen 3900x and Aorus Master x570 by Gigabyte. I installed the latest drivers for Windows and the software. I also decided to upgrade the BIOS to version F11, which is the latest BIOS from gigabyte for this board. A day after I...