Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and Random Restarts

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and Random Restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Howdy folks, Over the past few weeks my computer has started experiencing pretty constant BSODs/random restarts. They usually happen while playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlecCharbonneau, Sep 28, 2020.

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and Random Restarts

Howdy folks,

Over the past few weeks my computer has started experiencing pretty constant BSODs/random restarts. They usually happen while playing World of Warcraft, but I've had a few just off the desktop. All typically happen after 30 mins to 1 hour of use. The crashes usually happen every other day, but recently have become daily.

I've done a full reinstall of windows, tried updating drivers, stress testing hardware, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, etc. and no luck so far. I've run the driver verifier which as I understand may not actually correctly diagnose what's wrong?, chkdsk, memtest86, and the built in windows 10 memory diagnose tool. All have come up clear so far. Most recently I've tried testing out one stick of ram at a time. Both crashed within 5 minutes. Once I put both sticks in, the computer seems more stable but I am expecting it to crash at any time.

So far I've been unable to diagnose what's actually causing the issue. Temperatures have been normal so I don't think that's an issue. WhoCrashed points to ntoskrnl.exe with an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error and google has been less than helpful in regards to that error.

After every random restart, the event viewer prints an error that says "A fatal hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor core."

Any help is greatly appreciated. Specs + Dump files below:

Dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alr-DOkpe7E9hGFmOX4JWSlmblA2?e=RfzUL9

Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BKWTMc

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 19041

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3600 CL16

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 Super

PSU: Corsair RM 2019 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

:)

AlecCharbonneau, Sep 28, 2020
  2. ShyamBh Win User

Getting random BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

Hello MS-Community,

I have been getting bugged by this for over a week now. I have a Dell 5547 laptop which had Win8.1 preinstalled in it. I installed Ubuntu over it in a different disk partition after a month of purchase. After that , I have been getting random BSOD saying
    'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'. There isn't a fixed action which triggers the BSOD. I have looked up in the internet and followed one of the suggestions to run the 'Driver Verifier'. However, no luck. Even after running the Driver Verifier, it does not produce a
    detailed dump file.

It is also worth noting that I clean installed Windows 10 replacing Windows8.1. All went fine for 3 or 4 days but as soon as I installed the GRUB repair for my dual-boot in my laptop, boom! I've been getting bombed by this BSOD time and again. It is really
    frustrating.

I have attached the two dmp files along with this. One is prior to running the 'Driver Verifier' (giving the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod) and the second one is after (giving a differed bsod 'SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION').

Link to the dmp files are below:

MiniDump_IRQL.zip

Please Help!

Much Thanks.

ShyamBh, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hello everyone,

My PC has been crashing for quite some time now.

The Crashes are REALLY RANDOM. Some times its like 2 Months with no crash at all and then it comes a week where i get BSOD like every hour or more...

One of the BSODs i get is the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I googled it and found many similar topics everywhere. Suggestions where to do all sorts of things. Memtests. Drivetests. Stresstests. I reinstalled windows looooots of times and a driver verifier.

I did everything and nothing found any problems only driver verifier BSODed instantly before it could even fully load Windows when restarting after enable driver verifier. I had to go in save mode and disable driver verifier to get into windows again. If
    i remember correctly i did the settings to "check every driver" even the windows ones. I don't have the Dump after enabling driver varifier sadly, but i got the dump of the "random" BSOD from today.

Often times it is while playing games, but i had the bluescreen while surfing the internet too.

Here is my mindump: Minidump.zip

Please let me know if you need any other informations... i REALLY need help with this since i can't fix it on my own anymore.

If you can already see what the problem is in the minidump file, please let me know what's wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Markus

MarkusErnst1, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and Random Restarts

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and Random Restarts

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and Random Restarts - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Random

2. Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe: Hello, I put together my computer a little while ago, and since then I have windows crash in random intervals with the BSOD stating irql_not_less_or_equal and pointing to the ntoskrnl.exe. Crashes can take anywhere from 30 min to many hours of use to occur. I ran windows...
  3. Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi! I'm posting here because I am badly in need of help with my computer. I've been getting BSOD's but I am posting a history of what has happened below. Skip to the bottom for a list of specs, symptoms and a link to the crash dumps. I hope someone can help me, Thank you in...
  4. Random BSOD, Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD, Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi! I'm posting here because I am badly in need of help with my computer. I've been getting BSOD's but I am posting a history of what has happened below. Skip to the bottom for a list of specs, symptoms and a link to the crash dumps. I hope someone can help me, Thank you in...
  5. Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello everyone, My PC has been crashing for quite some time now. The Crashes are REALLY RANDOM. Some times its like 2 Months with no crash at all and then it comes a week where i get BSOD like every hour or more... One of the BSODs i get is the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I...
  6. Multiple Random Crashes + BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Random Crashes + BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: [ATTACH] I have recently been getting random computer freezes followed by 3-5 beeps where I can only hard reboot by holding down the power button. This was a new PC that i built back recently in December 2019. Also once got the BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Is this an...
  7. Random BSOD Pc, BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more...

Random BSOD Pc, BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more...: Hey Everybody*Wink im facing a problem for a while now, I installed ( clean install ) my windows 10 & updated all updates, now, im getting BSOD ( usually when i watch a movie ).... i restored my system but problem is still there... im posting my Log , hope you help...
  8. Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, I'm having some problems with random Bsods after upgrade from windows 7 to 10 (not clean install). I did clean reinstall of most of the drivers 1 by 1 to try and track down what's causing the issue without any luck. First i thought problem was Xonar STX driver...
  9. BSOD random "irql_not_less_or_equal"

BSOD random "irql_not_less_or_equal": Hello there 10 forum. from about 3 days I have frequently BSOD crashes showing irql_not_less_or_equal error. I have no idea why is it happening. It happens when I am watching streams, playing games, etc. :__; Here is the file: Attachment 34829 Thanks for any help....
  10. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during restart

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during restart: Initiated restart to free up an external drive and got the BSOD For some reason the collector created two files. 103935