Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD Crashes

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD Crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 on my PC, and I don't 100% know if the bluescreen errors occured maybe before I updated windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeremyBurns1, Jul 11, 2020.

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD Crashes

I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 on my PC, and I don't 100% know if the bluescreen errors occured maybe before I updated windows or right after. Regardless, they have been occuring a lot. They occur frequently when downloading/installing games or large files, and they also occur when just web browsing. It can happen either almost instantly after I boot up my computer, or it can even take up to 6 hours until the computer crashes. The error code for the BSoD is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I've tried updating drivers for my graphics card, CPU, and my microphone as well as updating software for my Razer peripherals. I have also tried doing a "Windows Memory Diagnostic" and it said that there were no found errors, however after the diagnostic that took around 1.5 hours I still frequently crash. I've also done scans with Alienware's "SupportAssist" but it hasn't resolved any issues. Not too sure what else to do but here are a list of my specs;

Prebuilt Computer from Alienware Alienware Area 51 R2;

IntelR CoreTM i7-6900K CPU @ 3.20 GHz

64.0GB of Installed RAM

2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I hope this is enough information, if it isn't, you can always ask for more. Thank you!

:)

JeremyBurns1, Jul 11, 2020
  2. TushantS Win User

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal crashes

Hi,

I recently built this PC (been a few days) and I've already received numerous bsod crashes (irql_not_less_or_equal error). Just fyi only 4 dumps right now, I actually received 4-5 bsod crashes with this error before I did a complete new install of windows
    - only for the crashes to occur again, which is why I've made this post now.

I've attached my .dmp files for someone who can analyse them, and recommend fixes: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsEqazAnhQ4QhSy0qdYcBhZ9TYLw

My comp specs: https://www.driverscloud.com/en/configuration/48139971-1/summary

Thanks

TushantS, Jul 11, 2020
  3. TushantS Win User
    BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal crashes

That is actually the only thing that shows up in the bsod before the pc restarts:

stop code: irql_not_less_or_equal

TushantS, Jul 11, 2020
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD Crashes

BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: dxgkrnl.s

Hi guys, I've been getting some crashes on my computer lately. Soft crashes from games which do not require a full computer restart. However, I have noted the following:

1) On one occasion when running a semi-GPU intensive program, I experienced a BSOD with the error code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I don't think I have the .dmp file for this anymore.
    2) I was running a virus scan overnight and turned my monitors off. By the next morning, when I turned on my monitors (and pressing keys on my keyboard to wake it up), I was met with a BSOD. Checking the minidump file indicated to me that the BSOD only occurred when I sent input to my keyboard, meaning that the scan and PC was running all night/morning, up until that point. In this minidump, it pinpointed that dxgkrnl.sys failed.

What I have done to troubleshoot:

• Full scan with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender
    • Uninstall Nvidia drivers with DDU and install the most recent drivers (and even tried an older one too)
    • Full mem86 test - PASS
    • Furmark test - no crashes

Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/5...C5pA6kCPd2lFVL

• Specs:
    • Windows 10 Pro (V. 1803)
    • GTX1080
    • Tomahawk B350
    • 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz

Appreciate any suggestions or advice to keep this from happening!

anonalchemist, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD Crashes

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD Crashes - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD Crashes

2. system crash BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system crash BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: My machine crashes frequently with BSoD. Can someone please help.My machine Info //CPUintel i9-13900k//MAINBOARDASUS PRIME Z790-PBIOS ver. 0812 02/24/2023//RAMSAMSUNG DDR 5 32GB * 4 = 128GBM323R4GA3DB0-CWMOD//GPUNVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti//SDD Samsung SSD 990 PRO 2TB...
  3. system crash BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system crash BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: My machine crashes frequently with BSoD. Can someone please help.My machine Info //CPUintel i9-13900k//MAINBOARDASUS PRIME Z790-PBIOS ver. 0812 02/24/2023//RAMSAMSUNG DDR 5 32GB * 4 = 128GBM323R4GA3DB0-CWMOD//GPUNVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti//SDD Samsung SSD 990 PRO 2TB...
  4. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming: Hi guys, I just built my computer about 4 days ago, got a blue screen first time playing LEAGUE OF LEGENDS and then didn't happen until today. I played hours of WAREZONE yesterday and didn't have a problem. All part are brand new. Can someone help me? I've attached V2 Log...
  5. Multiple Random Crashes + BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Random Crashes + BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: [ATTACH] I have recently been getting random computer freezes followed by 3-5 beeps where I can only hard reboot by holding down the power button. This was a new PC that i built back recently in December 2019. Also once got the BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Is this an...
  6. Frequent BSOD crashing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Frequent BSOD crashing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: As of recent, my Pc would have a blue screen almost once everyday. It has started to get annoying and I have found out it has been caused by ntoskernl.exe I am running windows 10, 16 GB ram RTX 2070AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Here are the link to the dump...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD constantly crashing my PC

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD constantly crashing my PC: Hi all, I have been experiencing this BSOD for the past few days constantly. I have checked my drivers, all updated. No problem devices are being detected. I have my three most recent minidump files compressed and ready to submit on my onedrive. Please could someone let me...
  8. Multiple BSOD Crashes, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Multiple BSOD Crashes, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Lately I have been getting the BSOD at least once a day and everything has been pointing to corrupted drivers. Just tonight I had the error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys failed. I was suggested to run a system file checker scan and now I have honestly no clue...
  9. Multiple BSOD Crashes, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Multiple BSOD Crashes, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Lately I have been getting the BSOD at least once a day and everything has been pointing to corrupted drivers. Just tonight I had the error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys failed. I was suggested to run a system file checker scan and now I have honestly no clue...
  10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash: Hello, So it already happend to me trice that my laptop just suddenly crashes and gives me irql_not_less_or_equal error saying ndis.sys failed and I really find this strange. Can somebody please help? Thank you.Attachment 127018 80365