Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So for the last couple of weeks, I've been getting blue screens of death after about 20-30 minutes of playing a game. It seems to have started quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SDL__, Nov 7, 2020.

1. SDL__ Win User

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming

So for the last couple of weeks, I've been getting blue screens of death after about 20-30 minutes of playing a game. It seems to have started quite suddenly. My PC was overclocked and XMP was on so I've reset that to default in case that was causing any issues. I've got 16GB 8x2 of RAM but they're sitting side-by-side due to clearance issues with my Dark Rock. Not really sure how to resolve this other than a full Windows reinstall.

The error code is always 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'. See WhoCrashed info below:

On Sat 07/11/2020 15:38:06 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110720-5765-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F45A0
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80629D34A8C
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 07/11/2020 15:38:06 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!setjmpex+0x8279
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80629D34A8C
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 07/11/2020 15:07:57 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110720-5437-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F45A0
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80616534A8C
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System

:)

SDL__, Nov 7, 2020

2. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

I have been experiencing BSODs in the last 4 days.

The last BSOD showed me "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and I don't know what happened.

(I forgot what the previous BSODs error, I believe it was not "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL").

Here is the link for my last 3 minidumps file and MSinfo32.

Minidump_and_MSinfo32.zip

Please, I need your help.

Thanks.

Kenny Rizky, Nov 7, 2020
  3. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: dxgkrnl.s

Hi guys, I've been getting some crashes on my computer lately. Soft crashes from games which do not require a full computer restart. However, I have noted the following:

1) On one occasion when running a semi-GPU intensive program, I experienced a BSOD with the error code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I don't think I have the .dmp file for this anymore.
    2) I was running a virus scan overnight and turned my monitors off. By the next morning, when I turned on my monitors (and pressing keys on my keyboard to wake it up), I was met with a BSOD. Checking the minidump file indicated to me that the BSOD only occurred when I sent input to my keyboard, meaning that the scan and PC was running all night/morning, up until that point. In this minidump, it pinpointed that dxgkrnl.sys failed.

What I have done to troubleshoot:

• Full scan with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender
    • Uninstall Nvidia drivers with DDU and install the most recent drivers (and even tried an older one too)
    • Full mem86 test - PASS
    • Furmark test - no crashes

Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/5...C5pA6kCPd2lFVL

• Specs:
    • Windows 10 Pro (V. 1803)
    • GTX1080
    • Tomahawk B350
    • 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz

Appreciate any suggestions or advice to keep this from happening!

anonalchemist, Nov 7, 2020
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD gaming

2. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when i play a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when i play a game: I don't bluescreen if I'm not in a game but every time I open one I blue screen like 20 times in a rowminidump************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare...
  3. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when i play a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when i play a game: I don't bluescreen if I'm not in a game but every time I open one I blue screen like 20 times in a rowminidump************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare...
  4. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when i play a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming: Hi guys, I just built my computer about 4 days ago, got a blue screen first time playing LEAGUE OF LEGENDS and then didn't happen until today. I played hours of WAREZONE yesterday and didn't have a problem. All part are brand new. Can someone help me? I've attached V2 Log...
  6. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam: I recently got myself a new PC, i installed Windows 10 Education with a bootable USB-Stick and downloaded and installed all the drivers. I can browse the Internet for hours and hours and nothing bad ever happens, but whenever I start a download in Steam my PC crashes and I...
  7. Always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD; occurs strictly when gaming

Always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD; occurs strictly when gaming: Over the past few months, I have been experiencing this BSOD at random times whenever I'm gaming. It usually happens after an extended period of time (at least 30 minutes), and it seems to happen for any game. The BSODs I experience are always the same....
  8. BSOD when running any game "irql_not_less_or_equal"

BSOD when running any game "irql_not_less_or_equal": Hello everyone, hopefully someone here can help me with this issue I've been having on and off for the past few months. I built this PC myself back in October using new parts and a PSU and one backup HDD from my old build. It has been running great up until around...
  9. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming: So glad there is a forum for this, I've been trying for a while to fix this problem. Basically my computer BSODs quite frequently and almost selectively while playing the popular game CS:GO. My CPU and graphics card are properly cooled and graphics driver is up-to-date....
  10. BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I'm having this problem primarily when I play GTA 5 in which I get an occassional BSOD with the same message every time - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Help as to what the cause is and how to prevent this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance -Alfredo (The necessary...