Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when using GPU

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when using GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've seen this topic discussed many times, and various solutions offered. I tried most of the ones I could find, to no avail. I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MDLW, Apr 12, 2020.

1. MDLW Win User

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when using GPU

Hello,

I've seen this topic discussed many times, and various solutions offered. I tried most of the ones I could find, to no avail.

I've been getting BSOD using GPU-demanding software After Effects, various games with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

This is the minidump.

This is this the WhoCrashed reports.

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Mon 13-04-20 05:05:19 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041320-8453-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C2380
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x10, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80762321749
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 13-04-20 05:05:19 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!setjmpex+0x81A9
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x10, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80762321749
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 13-04-20 03:58:33 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041320-7562-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x10, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8012A721749

On Sun 12-04-20 23:04:23 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041220-8750-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0xE68DFDEC8A, 0xFF, 0xE6, 0xFFFFF80451ABC74D

-----

I've done a full reinstall of windows. I've done the DDU thing, and updated all drivers. In Device Managers there was some unknown device, I removed that.

This is happening on a ROG G752VM laptop with those specs :

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when using GPU ae044328-e77b-4755-9203-ffdede88d8b4?upload=true.png

I'm getting pretty mad over here. Does anyone have any idea ?

Thanks in advance, I'm at the ready if you need any further details. I'm no IT professional but can handle specific tasks if given clear instructions ;-

:)

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hey, The BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message is related to a hardware problem and more namely a driver problem. It can usually be solved with a quick driver uninstall and reinstall from your manufacturer or through windows.

I suggest downloading DDU which will delete your drivers and make everything clean. AFter that find the manufacturer for your GPU and reinstall the drivers. Or go through device manager and use that.

DDU link:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-dri...

Zackary Vanosdol, Apr 12, 2020
  3. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

I have been experiencing BSODs in the last 4 days.

The last BSOD showed me "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and I don't know what happened.

(I forgot what the previous BSODs error, I believe it was not "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL").

Here is the link for my last 3 minidumps file and MSinfo32.

Minidump_and_MSinfo32.zip

Please, I need your help.

Thanks.

Kenny Rizky, Apr 12, 2020
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when using GPU

Various BSOD Errors Help

Hey all,

I've received multiple BSOD errors the past 2 days after rebuilding my PC. I've been trying to figure out the issue.

These are the few BSOD messages I remember seeing:

• DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (multiple times)
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (one time)
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (one time)
    • WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (multiple times)
    Here's a link to the dmp files and system information: WindowsIssue

Steps I've taken:

• fully updated drivers
    • applied all Windows updates
    • Removed unnecessary hardware
    • Monitored CPU/GPU temps (log file on temps during last crash in share)
    Any help would be appreciated.

brando8924, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when using GPU

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when using GPU - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD using

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming: So for the last couple of weeks, I've been getting blue screens of death after about 20-30 minutes of playing a game. It seems to have started quite suddenly. My PC was overclocked and XMP was on so I've reset that to default in case that was causing any issues. I've got 16GB...
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming: Hi guys, I just built my computer about 4 days ago, got a blue screen first time playing LEAGUE OF LEGENDS and then didn't happen until today. I played hours of WAREZONE yesterday and didn't have a problem. All part are brand new. Can someone help me? I've attached V2 Log...
  4. Getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly when using pc

Getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly when using pc: Basically i built a new pc then after about 2 weeks of use, BSOD started happening. Tried the memory diagnostic which came out with no problems, updated all my drivers, and even tried reinstalling windows but the BSOD still happens. On the most recent BSOD, i went to the...
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam: I recently got myself a new PC, i installed Windows 10 Education with a bootable USB-Stick and downloaded and installed all the drivers. I can browse the Internet for hours and hours and nothing bad ever happens, but whenever I start a download in Steam my PC crashes and I...
  6. BSOD When Idle IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD When Idle IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello I Have Problem When My Computer be idle happen Bsod I do a lots of solutions without solve problem I have Mindump Files : https://uptobox.com/bzggp9ljdxxx Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 @ 3.70GHz 29 °C Coffee Lake 14nm...
  7. irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD on Windows 10 when using Youtube

irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD on Windows 10 when using Youtube: Hello, Like 2 weeks ago I built new PC. It was all running fine until today. When i was gaming, i used alt+tab to check something on internet. My screen turned black and nothing helped. when i was pressing keys and clicking, it was "beeping". So I Restarted and problem gone....
  8. BSOD When Browsing On Chrome "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

BSOD When Browsing On Chrome "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I commonly get a BSOD when browsing on Chrome, I typically see the same message as stated in the Thread Title. But I think I have also seen another saying something about "DRIVER_INVALID_STACK_ACCESS". BSOD occurs quite frequently, seems that it mostly happens while on...
  9. BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I'm having this problem primarily when I play GTA 5 in which I get an occassional BSOD with the same message every time - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Help as to what the cause is and how to prevent this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance -Alfredo (The necessary...
  10. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when streaming video

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when streaming video: I get BSOD with only this error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL It only happens when I am streaming video youtube, netflix etc. I tied rolling back video drivers and network drivers and nothing has changed. Happens with edge browser and chrome. I have also ran a memory check...