Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So glad there is a forum for this, I've been trying for a while to fix this problem. Basically my computer BSODs quite frequently and almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JJG, Jan 15, 2016.

1. JJG
    JJG Win User

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

So glad there is a forum for this, I've been trying for a while to fix this problem.

Basically my computer BSODs quite frequently and almost selectively while playing the popular game CS:GO. My CPU and graphics card are properly cooled and graphics driver is up-to-date. From my own research, some say that this can be due to driver issues, but I have yet to find any thing to cause the problem. I have ran the program WhoCrashed a few times to try and understand the problem, and it continually gives me the report saying that it was likely caused by hal.dll (file attached).*Sad
    I'm growing suspicion towards my memory, which is really the only piece of hardware that has given me any problems since building my computer. The specific memory type is this model: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666MHz. It's been concerning because this memory is rated up to 2666MHz but fails to do so when the XMP profile is loaded in BIOS. Even setting the frequency manually continues to not post and hard reset is required followed by "overclocking failed!". It is currently set to what I believe is the base speed of 2133MHz. These BSODs continue to happen at any frequency however. I'm willing to run a memtest if necessary but may require some guidance.
    To reiterate, it only seems to BSOD when playing games, with CS:GO the only program it has occurred in that I can remember. Thank you all for your willingness to help!

WhoCrashed report and required debug file attached:

Attachment 59050

Attachment 59051

:)

2. Memory diagnostic results

My pc crashes on a multitude of games, while on others it never seems to crash at all. Most of the time it simply crashes to desktop while other times I get IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod.

Ward van der Zanden, Jan 15, 2016
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error (Windows 10)

Hello! Every time I try to play a game I get an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen of death. It only happens when I try to play a game. I installed new drivers two days ago. I think that might be the issue. How exactly do I post my crash dump files and
    fix this? Thanks.

Duston Ploch, Jan 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please try to update your network drivers
    Driver Reference Table - Qcamainx64.sys
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Qcamain10x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Qcamain10x64.sys 6: kd> lmvm Qcamain10x64 start end module name fffff800`082a0000 fffff800`08530000 Qcamain10x64 (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Qcamain10x64.sys Image name: Qcamain10x64.sys Timestamp: Fri Nov 20 11:24:05 2015 (564EF4C5) CheckSum: 00252448 ImageSize: 00290000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. JJG
    JJG Win User
    Thank you, updating the network driver through device manager seemed to fix the issue. It also seems to remedied my computer turning itself on after being shut off for a while. Awesome!
    Still a little concerned about the RAM though, I'll take that topic elsewhere to discuss.

Thema:

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes gaming

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - full screen gaming crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - full screen gaming crashed: I getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when i try to change my game to full screen it crashed. My graphic Driver also crashed. I have tried to reinstall window, graphic driver, my game it still same. Uploaded minidump and system information as below:...
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming: So for the last couple of weeks, I've been getting blue screens of death after about 20-30 minutes of playing a game. It seems to have started quite suddenly. My PC was overclocked and XMP was on so I've reset that to default in case that was causing any issues. I've got 16GB...
  4. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming: Hi guys, I just built my computer about 4 days ago, got a blue screen first time playing LEAGUE OF LEGENDS and then didn't happen until today. I played hours of WAREZONE yesterday and didn't have a problem. All part are brand new. Can someone help me? I've attached V2 Log...
  5. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when gaming

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when gaming: Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., PRIME B250M-A CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel8664, level: 6 4 logical processors, active mask: 15 RAM: 17121218560 bytes 15.9GB GPU: GTX 1660 6GB used to be GTX1060 I having BSOD after 5-10min gaming, usually...
  6. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash when i connect DS3

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash when i connect DS3: Hello, I have downloaded scp servers a week ago to play on my ds3, the first days it worked perfect but at the fourth day when i connected my ds3, my pc crashed and gived me a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error and saying scpVbus.sys has failed. Can somebody help me please?...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Errors when playing games

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Errors when playing games: Hello, I keep encountering the same error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. However, it only shows up when I play games on my laptop. When I am not gaming the system works fine, no error, no BSOD. I'm not sure what the cause is of this error. Can someone please help me out with...
  8. BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I'm having this problem primarily when I play GTA 5 in which I get an occassional BSOD with the same message every time - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Help as to what the cause is and how to prevent this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance -Alfredo (The necessary...
  9. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error and game crashing - Windows 10

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error and game crashing - Windows 10: Hello all. I have constantly looked at similar titles hoping it would lead me to figure out what is actually happening to my laptop. Alas, I cannot find an answer. I get this BSoD whenever I play games, not even during intense situations. Sometimes the game would run just...
  10. Laptop crashes when I play a game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop crashes when I play a game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL): Card details: Geforce GTX 670M 3GB GDDR5 (2x) Geforce GTX 675M 2GB GDDR5 The error I was getting before going to windows 10 was "Nividia GeForce GTX 670m device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged." This would happen and kick me out of a game and the...