Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error only when playing a game

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error only when playing a game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been trying to figure out that is causing this error, it only happens when playing games. I reset windows hoping it would eliminate any driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cynthiagram, Jan 24, 2021.

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error only when playing a game

I have been trying to figure out that is causing this error, it only happens when playing games.

I reset windows hoping it would eliminate any driver issues, but it is still happening.

:)

cynthiagram, Jan 24, 2021
  2. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 64bit, IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal error

Hi Connor,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I would like to inform that IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal error indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to your system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop?
    • Does this issue persists only while playing games?

This Stop error message usually occurs during installation when there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process internal request level (IRQL). Typically,
    this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

If you are able to boot the device to desktop, try the below troubleshooting steps

Step 1: As an initial step,
    , I suggest you to download and install any pending updates on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 24, 2021
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error only when playing a game

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL While playing games

Hello,

Occasionally while playing a game on my PC it will freeze and then a few seconds later go to a BSOD with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Driver Verify created a minidump but I do not know how to open the .dmp or how to examine it to see what causes this crash.

This has been an ongoing issue for me and I've tried re-installing and updating multiple drivers to no prevail. Please help!

Thank you,

-Andrew

andrew49andrew, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error only when playing a game

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error only when playing a game - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error playing

2. BSOD error when playing games only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error when playing games only: when I ran my dump file I got this error below,\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorAC.sys, Win32 error 0n2 It's an intel storage rapid technology, but I can't seem to find a fix, I tried downgrading the driver version but I still get a blue screen error, I've ran all the...
  3. BSOD error when playing games only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error when playing games only: when I ran my dump file I got this error below,\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorAC.sys, Win32 error 0n2 It's an intel storage rapid technology, but I can't seem to find a fix, I tried downgrading the driver version but I still get a blue screen error, I've ran all the...
  4. BSOD error when playing games only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when playing some games seemingly at random.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when playing some games seemingly at random.: I've noticed this mainly when playing Vampyr and it is driving me insane, the issue is it's increibly inconsistent and I cannot replicate the error easily making it almost impossible to know if the problem is solved properly or if something I've recently installed has done...
  6. BSOD only when playing games: Driver_Overran_Stack_buffer, Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal,...

BSOD only when playing games: Driver_Overran_Stack_buffer, Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal,...: Hi I have been having issues with my PC crashing to a BSOD only while playing games both cpu and gpu intensive, mostly Divinity: Original sin 2, EU4, and subnautica, . I have reinstalled a clean windows from a bootable USB, updated all drivers, and stress tested my cpu, gpu,...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when playing certain games for a prolonged time

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when playing certain games for a prolonged time: Hi there. Over the past two months, I have been occasionally experiencing this particular BSOD (as well as other similar ones that also hint towards driver issues) when playing certain games for a prolonged period of time. Some games never cause it. I tried to get help on...
  8. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when I play a certain game (DayZ)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when I play a certain game (DayZ): If anyone could help me out with this, I would really appreciate it. I can't figure out why its doing this when I play this game, it crashes with this error after about 12-15 minutes of playing the game. I can do everything else on my computer just fine. 72557
  9. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Errors when playing games

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Errors when playing games: Hello, I keep encountering the same error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. However, it only shows up when I play games on my laptop. When I am not gaming the system works fine, no error, no BSOD. I'm not sure what the cause is of this error. Can someone please help me out with...
  10. Laptop crashes when I play a game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop crashes when I play a game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL): Card details: Geforce GTX 670M 3GB GDDR5 (2x) Geforce GTX 675M 2GB GDDR5 The error I was getting before going to windows 10 was "Nividia GeForce GTX 670m device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged." This would happen and kick me out of a game and the...