Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Storport.sys - BCM.exe

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Storport.sys - BCM.exe in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What happened: I was unpacking something on a non-system disk while simultaneously running a speedtest through Firefox when I was met with the BSOD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Veemenothz, Oct 24, 2020.

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Storport.sys - BCM.exe

What happened: I was unpacking something on a non-system disk while simultaneously running a speedtest through Firefox when I was met with the BSOD.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL referring to storport.sys and in the WinDBG analysis towards bcm.exe -- of which I have no idea what it is but likely something related with 7-Zip?

WinDBG analysis: https://pastebin.com/zs49ZFzD

MiniDUMP: https://ufile.io/43rrqqh5

Memory.DMP: https://pastebin.com/U0XYgFsc

I have had my share of problems on this PC the past couple of months; Not long ago my RAM-stick(s) died and these gave me a number of errors in Memtest in even the first pass.

So I replaced my RAM-sticks and did an extensive test on the new sticks overnight and these didn't give me any errors and passed the test.

I just ran a single-pass to see if it's failing from the get-go but that doesn't seem the case, but will probably do another extensive test later on.

The drive I was unpacking data on is an NVME Samsung 970 EVO 1TB drive and I'm worried my entire PC is falling apart if that component is failing as well.

I ran chkdsk on all my drives and all of them said:

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required.

I went into Samsung Magician and it showed no failures in the S.M.A.R.T section and claims the Drive Health is Good. I also went ahead to Device Manager and uninstalled the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers and Storage Controllers and rebooted afterwards.

Both of the sections seemed to show standard Microsoft drivers rather than anything pushed by Intel.

submitted by /u/Veemenothz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Veemenothz, Oct 24, 2020

2. 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' and 'DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Netwtw02.sys)' Errors

Hi there,

Recently I bought myself a new laptop with windows 10 and on multiple occasions my computer has blue screened and displayed both the 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' and 'DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Netwtw02.sys)' error messages. I've had a look around other forums
    to fix this, but because of my poor knowledge about computers, I didn't understand how to execute the suggested fixes. Can anyone here help me with these computer issues?

Here's a link to my 3 latest dump files from my minidump folder:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Please let me know if there is any more information I need to give you in order to help me.

cheers

DavidWilko, Oct 24, 2020
  3. 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' and 'DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Netwtw02.sys)' Errors

Update: my computer blue screened again with the "DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Netwtw02.sys)" error. Not sure what the reason could be. I'll check the link you gave and see if there are any solutions
    to my problem.

cheers

David

DavidWilko, Oct 24, 2020
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Storport.sys - BCM.exe

I have been getting random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

Hi, TreyAppelgate

My name is Maritza and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

The problem is caused by (storport.sys)

Check this link, I hope it helps.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/storport-sys-bso...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

MaritzaCapiro, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Storport.sys - BCM.exe

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Storport.sys - BCM.exe - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Storport sys

2. Storport sys problem and bad system problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport sys problem and bad system problem: Started with a storport.sys problem. Got to ressett pc it worked for 1 week and then bad problem, tried resetting pc, not allowed, tried full reset of pc, not allowed, got into bootrec, did not find or wrong , going in a loop bad system config , automatic repair, How do i...
  3. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal netwlv64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal netwlv64.sys: My Gaming Computer has issues like when I try to play video games or do something simple for example on Youtube, Google, or anything simple this error would pop up randomly WHICH IS NOT EXPECTED FOR A GAMING COMPUTER driver_irql_not_less_or_equal netwlv64.sys is annoying bug...
  4. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 Support
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys: hello guys this problem has been bothering me a lot, hard to happen, but the blue screen always appears What can it be? I did not make any changes in windows, because I formatted to try to see if it solved System: Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.608...
  5. Bluescreen - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - WDF01000.SYS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - WDF01000.SYS: Hey I keep having blue screens with broadcasting software such as OBS and Streamlabs OBS. Whenever I stop streaming or close the program not every time, but often enough to be a real issue All my drivers are up to date, windows is up to date as is GFX drivers. I have...
  6. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello all :) Since several weeks, i get regularly BSOD after 2-3h of use, involving wdf01000.sys (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). I tried to find the cause of the problem, but without any success until now. Here you have a link to two dumpfiles :...
  7. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, caused by hal.dll and dxgmms2.sys.

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, caused by hal.dll and dxgmms2.sys.: I have a new PC build that has frequent BSODS. It is always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but the drivers responsible seem to vary. Today 4 BSODS caused by hal.dll and 1 BSOD by dxgmms2.sys I have stresstested my system with prime95 and MemTest86 without problems. Running...
  8. irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10x64.sys)

irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10x64.sys): Hello! First time poster - been getting random BSODs with my Alienware r15 laptop for the past few days with the error message in the thread title. Please take a look at the dump file and see if you can figure it out cause I'm stumped. Thanks! 46473
  9. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) error

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) error: Hi, Been getting the following blue screen error for a bit now. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) I have attached the zip file of my BSOD report. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Attachment 96009 60134
  10. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys)

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys): Started having Random BSOD like an hour ago after trying to remote connect on my other PC from this one. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) I have no idea what to do. i attached the ZIP file i got from the program from the BSOD Posting Instruction. 36598