Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when launching any game.

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when launching any game. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So when I try to launch a game, the instant it tries to launch my computer crashes into a blue screen with a sad face on the screen and an error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GallGall1, Apr 27, 2022.

1. GallGall1 Win User

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when launching any game.

So when I try to launch a game, the instant it tries to launch my computer crashes into a blue screen with a sad face on the screen and an error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. My computer has not had this issue at all, and the last Windows update was on the 24th. I was able to play games without an issue on the 25th and 26th so I know that's not the culprit of this issue. Could someone please help?

:)

GallGall1, Apr 27, 2022

2. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 27, 2022
  3. Games won't launch and run in background.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know with the following information for better assistance:

• What exactly do you mean by games does not run in the background?
    • Which are the games you are trying to launch?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error notification while trying to launch the game?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

I would like to inform that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x86,
    usually occupy 1 GB of the storage space.

I suggest you to run disk cleanup to free the memory: Free up drive space in Windows 10
    and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 27, 2022
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when launching any game.

I can't launch games

Hi,

There are several factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting issues with launching games on Windows 10. Here's a list of the possible reasons:

• An outdated game version
    • Outdated Windows 10 OS
    • Corrupted game data
    • Software conflicts
    For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• What are the games affected?
    • Are you using the physical copy or the digital version of the games? If you're using the digital version, may we know where did you download the games?
    • Are you encountering this issue when launching the games online or offline?
    If you've downloaded the games from the Windows Store, we recommend running the Windows apps troubleshooter. Click this

link
    to run this troubleshooter.

You may also check if there are updates available for the games by following the steps provided on this

link
    . Keeping the game version up-to-date can help resolve common issues with games on Windows 10.

Keep us posted with the progress. We're here to clear things up.

Catherine Cus., Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when launching any game.

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when launching any game. - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL launching game

2. Cannot launch any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot launch any game: Hi if someone know what is the problem please write it. I bought a new GPU an RX570 8gb. I downloaded the driver, and everything was working right. Then I saw on youtube that I should uninstall the old GPU from my PC with DDU. I did but not in safe mod, and when I restarted...
  3. Cannot launch any game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot launch any game: Hi if someone know what is the problem please write it. I bought a new GPU an RX570 8gb. I downloaded the driver, and everything was working right. Then I saw on youtube that I should uninstall the old GPU from my PC with DDU. I did but not in safe mod, and when I restarted...
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when launching any game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when launching any game.: So when I try to launch a game, the instant it tries to launch my computer crashes into a blue screen with a sad face on the screen and an error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. My computer has not had this issue at all, and the last Windows update was on the 24th. I was able to...
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when launching any game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when launching any game.: So when I try to launch a game, the instant it tries to launch my computer crashes into a blue screen with a sad face on the screen and an error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. My computer has not had this issue at all, and the last Windows update was on the 24th. I was able to...
  6. BSOD with IRQL_not_less_or_equal Code while launching a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD with IRQL_not_less_or_equal Code while launching a game: So basically I get an BSOD every single time I launch Spintires Mudrunner. The reason of crashing In the dump files is ntoskrnl.exe. I have run the memory diagnostic test and there were no errors,I defragmented my HDD, made sure my GPU,CPU and Motherboard drivers are up to...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming: So for the last couple of weeks, I've been getting blue screens of death after about 20-30 minutes of playing a game. It seems to have started quite suddenly. My PC was overclocked and XMP was on so I've reset that to default in case that was causing any issues. I've got 16GB...
  8. BSOD when running any game "irql_not_less_or_equal"

BSOD when running any game "irql_not_less_or_equal": Hello everyone, hopefully someone here can help me with this issue I've been having on and off for the past few months. I built this PC myself back in October using new parts and a PSU and one backup HDD from my old build. It has been running great up until around...
  9. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming: So glad there is a forum for this, I've been trying for a while to fix this problem. Basically my computer BSODs quite frequently and almost selectively while playing the popular game CS:GO. My CPU and graphics card are properly cooled and graphics driver is up-to-date....
  10. BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I'm having this problem primarily when I play GTA 5 in which I get an occassional BSOD with the same message every time - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Help as to what the cause is and how to prevent this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance -Alfredo (The necessary...