Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing video games

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing video games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all! I started encountering an issue and I have no idea what to do now. I'll try my best to give a quick rundown :So. This issue only pops up when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by confusedvi, Jul 16, 2021.

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing video games

Hi all! I started encountering an issue and I have no idea what to do now. I'll try my best to give a quick rundown :So. This issue only pops up when playing video games, as if I spend hours drawing or watching videos, no such thing happens. The BSOD can pop up anytime from 5 minutes of gameplay up to an hour. I'm scared that it'll become a motherboard issue, and since this PC it's not a laptop is less than 3 years old, I want no such thing happen. Not to mention, I don't know anything about computer parts.I tried cleaning my ram sticks, cleaning the insides of my PC the best I can, don't k

:)

confusedvi, Jul 16, 2021
  2. Nk91 Win User

BSOD playing specific video game IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL & PFN_LIST_CORRUPT & DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Get these 2 BSOD while playing a video game (a beta). Got a 3rd BSOD after running Verifier

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

&

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

3rd BSOD type -> DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Never got BSOD really (maybe once a year before, Ive had 4-5 in last week, while playing a specific video game). Also had new nvidia drivers & windows upodate (since march ~11).

WinDbg preview points to

in 2 of the DMP. I have about 5 DMPs.

Would like some help resolving this issue.

PC is custom built, and has an interesting history IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing video games :).

3. losing audio when playing video games

Hi,

To isolate what's causing the issue you're experiencing, kindly provide us with some additional details:

• Were there any recent software or hardware changes made to your system prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps in trying to resolve it?
    • Do you experience the issue only when you're playing a certain video game?

Awaiting for your response.

Joanna 777, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing video games

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing video games

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing video games - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing

2. Glitch while playing videos and games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Glitch while playing videos and games: Why there is glitch when i am playing games or videos? There is no problem with my pc. My screen is lagging when playing videos and games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/glitch-while-playing-videos-and-games/9d884054-cd47-41c3-a60d-be8348d6d908
  3. BSOD While playing Video Games / IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD While playing Video Games / IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hey Guys, since this morning i received multiple BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing video games. I reinstalled Windows just to be sure and only installed the software i really needed. This Error only appears while playing video games. I already did the Hard...
  4. BSOD While playing Video Games

BSOD While playing Video Games: Hey Guys, since this morning i received multiple BSOD while playing video games. I reinstalled Windows just to be sure and only installed the software i really needed. This Error only appears while playing video games. I already did the Hard drive and Memtest with...
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while gaming: Hi, Im having crash issues while gaming. I tried solving this before on this forum, and the problem seemed to be solved, but the crashes got back a while ago. Bellow is the link to the thread, where I placed the links to the dumpfiles and the tests I was required to make:...
  6. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while gaming

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while gaming: Hi, Im having this crash issue while gaming. My computer specs are as follow: W10 Pro 64bits i7 8700 3.2GHz 8192MB RAM GTX 1070ti After 2 crashes, using WhoCrashed I traced the first one to a file called hall.dll The second one gave me the following report: On Sat...
  7. BSOD While Playing Games, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD While Playing Games, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello all, I've been getting consistent BSODs while playing games, particularly in intensive situations such as high data load or graphics. I've tried updating video drivers to no avail. I would appreciate any insight as to what could be causing this. Thank you in advance!...
  8. BSOD playing games / rendering videos IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xA

BSOD playing games / rendering videos IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xA: HI, I have this problem for a while since upgrading to Win 10 ( free forced upgrade from Win 7 ) It got quite annoying so I did a free install of Win10 to ensure it wasn't old driver etc causing issues left behind from Win 7. I was playing WoW free trail and computer crashed...
  9. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD while playing games

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD while playing games: After 10-30mins I'm getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while Im playing lineage 2. I got new PC ASUS ROG GL553VD. I was playing GTA V and Mass Effect before and didnt have got such a problem. I can normally use my PC. I've checked hardware and memory with Windows 10...
  10. BSOD while playing video games.

BSOD while playing video games.: So I've been having bsod problems for the past month or so and they seem to always happen when I'm playing games, mainly Ark:Survival evolved and Overwatch. It doesn't happen after a few minutes or anything but after a long gaming session like 5-8 hours it would bsod. Here is...