Windows 10: irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 opening lid laptop (Dell XPS)

Discus and support irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 opening lid laptop (Dell XPS) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, I've been getting a really annoying issue/BSOD since yesterday (24/6/2019) on my Dell XPS 15 (9560). It started first thing in the morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SenneHoekman, Jun 25, 2019.

1. irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 opening lid laptop (Dell XPS)

Hey all,

I've been getting a really annoying issue/BSOD since yesterday (24/6/2019) on my Dell XPS 15 (9560).

It started first thing in the morning when I arrived at work, I opened my laptop and after a minute or 2 of use, I get a BSOD (irql_not_less_or_equal).

After I restarted and logged in again, I could use my laptop without any issues. However, during break, I closed the lid since I have to in regards to work safety and file privacy... So I closed the lid. After I opened it again, I got almost exactly the same time of use before I got the same BSOD.

To further validate the issue, I tested it a few times again and got the same result each time. This means that for 2 days now, I can't close or sleep my laptop during my work shift since everything will be closed and gone when I open it again due to the BSOD.

You can understand that this is a big issue knowing that I use my laptop for work. Putting it to sleep when I'm not around is essential for business privacy.

I have obviously tried some things myself first, before posting here. I used "Driver Booster Pro" to check all my drivers (something I've been doing for years) and found no missing,broken or faulty drivers.

I also installed every windows update up to this day which puts me at "Windows 10 HOME v. 1903"

After that, I check on Dell's website to make sure I had the latest BIOS and indeed had to update the firmware and everything to get it up-to-date. This means that I now have XPS_9560_1.14.3

Lastly, I also ran my antivirus FULL SCAN and used CMD to run sfc /scannow.

After all these attempts, I just had another BSOD before writing since I had to open my laptop an hour ago to start my work.

I haven't included any images or files here yet since I don't know which ones would be useful to you to help me solve this, so I'm happy to know what you need.

I really need this issue solved ASAP since I need to be able to work.

Thanks in advance!

:)

SenneHoekman, Jun 25, 2019
  2. airdog99 Win User

"Lid Open" function

By saying "Lid Open" I believe TopDog1961 is talking about waking up from sleep or hibernate mode. Unfortunately this seems to be broken for many people who upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8 across many different laptop/PC manufacturers.
    Definitely something broken with Windows 10.

I am experiencing the same problems with my Dell XPS 17.

airdog99, Jun 25, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 opening lid laptop (Dell XPS)

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 opening lid laptop (Dell XPS)

1. irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 opening lid laptop (Dell XPS) - Similar Threads - irql_not_less_or_equal opening lid

2. Boot windows 10 laptop on lid open?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot windows 10 laptop on lid open?: I have the power options on my laptop set to hibernate when the lid closes, I am looking to have the computer boot up again when the lid opens instead of having to hit the power button. In the power buttons and lid section of the power options, there is only an option for...
  3. Laptop Opening lid function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Opening lid function: Hi every1 I would like to know whether there is an option by which I can switch on the laptop by just opening the lid without having to press the power button. Thank you...
  4. Opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening laptop lid: Hi Its somthing weird happening my laptop When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down It wont happen anything if i open it less than 90 deg I even reinstalled windows but its still not working Email me if u want to see its video: *** Email address is...
  5. Will Windows 10 run on a Dell XPS M140 Laptop?

Will Windows 10 run on a Dell XPS M140 Laptop?: This is talking about if Windows 10 will work on an Dell XPS M140 Laptop or not... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-10-run-on-a-dell-xps-m140-laptop/2c3b8582-4597-4e13-b5f2-98c04e2390bf
  6. [Windows 10] BSOD Error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL | Dell XPS 9380 i7-8565U

[Windows 10] BSOD Error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL | Dell XPS 9380 i7-8565U: Hello there. I have recently been experiencing a few episodes of BSOD while using programs like Adobe Lightroom or Phase One's Capture One Pro. I decided to log in and share the results of my memory dump analysis using WinDbg Preview. While this post is related to...
  7. [Windos 10] BSOD Error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL | Dell XPS 9380 i7-8565U

[Windos 10] BSOD Error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL | Dell XPS 9380 i7-8565U: Hello there. I have recently been experiencing a few episodes of BSOD while using programs like Adobe Lightroom or Phase One's Capture One Pro. I decided to log in and share the results of my memory dump analysis using WinDbg Preview. While this post is related to...
  8. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Qcamain10x64.sys) - Dell XPS 13

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Qcamain10x64.sys) - Dell XPS 13: Hello, I have been experiencing repeated BSOD o my Dell XPS 13 - 9360. It shows up with: Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: Qcamain10x64.sys When I used WhoCrashed to analyze my dump file and it identified the Driver for Qualcomm Atheros...
  9. Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow!: Hi everyone, I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop model 9360 with 16gb RAM and 512gb SSD @ Intel I7-7500u with max of 2.70GHz and Turbo Boost to 3.50GHz. I don't know why the processor maxes out at 2.18GHz and the utilization rate never passes 75%...I doubled checked that Intel...
  10. Dell not supporting XPS M1530 laptop upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell not supporting XPS M1530 laptop upgrade to Windows 10: *ConfusedHello All, I'm not sure if I am in the right forum, if not please let me know. I have a Dell laptop XPS 1530 with 4 gigs of ram running windows 7 professional. I have all the notices from MS that Windows 10 is on my laptop awaiting installation. I found out that...