Windows 10: irql_not_less_or_equal

Discus and support irql_not_less_or_equal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 6/19/2019 6:00:18 PM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by K_7, Jun 19, 2019.

1. K_7
    K_7 Win User

irql_not_less_or_equal

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Date: 6/19/2019 6:00:18 PM
    Event ID: 10016
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: DESKTOP-UOJIOUP\kenni
    Computer: DESKTOP-UOJIOUP
    Description:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
    and APPID
    {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
    to the user DESKTOP-UOJIOUP\kenni SID (S-1-5-21-638661022-2366353999-2621970567-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-06-19T23:00:18.442471300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>12671</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="1064" ThreadID="1100" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-UOJIOUP</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-638661022-2366353999-2621970567-1001" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">Local</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">Activation</Data>
    <Data Name="param4">{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}</Data>
    <Data Name="param5">{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}</Data>
    <Data Name="param6">DESKTOP-UOJIOUP</Data>
    <Data Name="param7">kenni</Data>
    <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-21-638661022-2366353999-2621970567-1001</Data>
    <Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>
    <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>
    <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

2. Irql_not_less_or_equal

So I have this clients PC that blue screens and gives a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP 0x0000000A error message. Error Goblin (link in sig) says the following:

And I have NO IDEA what the hell that means. It has wrapped around my head 5 times and caused it to explode. Ive ran memtest for 7 and a half hours and it didnt find any errors. I will probably run it again overnight just to be safe. Ive also cleaned out the computer with an air compressor and checked the hard drive for bad sectors are none are to be found.

Im trying like hell to avoid reinstalling Windows but it seems unlikely.

Im going to try updating some drivers and see what happens. Some of the drivers on this computer date back to 2007.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

EDIT:

Alright so it doesnt look like ill be able to get onto the internet to do anything because nearly every time i try, i get the BSOD. Format seems imminent.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jun 19, 2019
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any recent changes to computer settings or hardware?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    The error code 'irql_not_less_or_equal’ indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

I suggest you try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Download and install the latest firmware driver form the manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Update all the system drivers.

Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

For more information, refer to the below link:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Also refer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please follow the steps provided and check if the issue gets resolved.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 19, 2019
  4. irql_not_less_or_equal

Windows 10 64bit, IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal error

Hi Connor,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I would like to inform that IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal error indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to your system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop?
    • Does this issue persists only while playing games?

This Stop error message usually occurs during installation when there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process internal request level (IRQL). Typically,
    this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

If you are able to boot the device to desktop, try the below troubleshooting steps

Step 1: As an initial step,
    , I suggest you to download and install any pending updates on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

irql_not_less_or_equal

1. irql_not_less_or_equal - Similar Threads - irql_not_less_or_equal

2. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe: HelloMy laptop got a bluescreen most time with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. It occured randomly when I was doing some tasks on my computer like browsing the internet or using photoshop.I checked with Bluescreen viewer to analyze what is going on, I recognized ntoskrnl.exe...
  3. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe: HelloMy laptop got a bluescreen most time with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. It occured randomly when I was doing some tasks on my computer like browsing the internet or using photoshop.I checked with Bluescreen viewer to analyze what is going on, I recognized ntoskrnl.exe...
  4. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

7. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

8. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe: Hello My laptop got a bluescreen most time with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. It occured randomly when I was doing some tasks on my computer like browsing the internet or using photoshop. I checked with Bluescreen viewer to analyze what is going on, I recognized...
  9. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe: Hello My laptop got a bluescreen most time with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. It occured randomly when I was doing some tasks on my computer like browsing the internet or using photoshop. I checked with Bluescreen viewer to analyze what is going on, I recognized...
  10. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe