Windows 10: IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE - BSOD trying to start Connectify Hotspot

Discus and support IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE - BSOD trying to start Connectify Hotspot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I had been getting several BSODs over the past few months that were DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and having to do with Netwbw02.sys and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pequaad, Oct 12, 2016.

1. pequaad Win User

IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE - BSOD trying to start Connectify Hotspot

Hello,

I had been getting several BSODs over the past few months that were DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and having to do with Netwbw02.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. These BSODS only seemed to occur on spotty Wi-Fi connections, and not Ethernet connections.

Today I updated both my Ethernet and Wireless drivers, but started getting a new BSOD with the error IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE, having to do withi ndis.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. While I got a few BSODs randomly, I always got a BSOD when trying to start a Connectify Hotspot, which is a program I use to share internet connections on my computer with my phone and game system. I did not get Connectify related BSODs before updating my Ethernet and Wireless drivers today.

My ethernet driver is Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30).
    My wireless driver is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

I attached my zip log here too. Thanks for any help you can give!

:)

pequaad, Oct 12, 2016
  2. PinankR Win User

connectify showed "AP mode not supported" and "hostednetwork can't be started"

Original Title:

hosted network

I used to use hotspot from connectify and cmd and all was working properly even after windows 10 update

suddenly one day connectify showed "AP mode not supported" and when I tried setting up the hotspot from cmd it showed "hostednetwork can't be started" ...

I checked the hosted network support and it said "NO"

connectify advised me to update LAN driver.

I can't understand what to do

plz help

PinankR, Oct 12, 2016
  3. J.DD Win User
    Fix/re-install Network Drivers Help?

Do you have a wireless modem/router?? If you dont then what are you trying to create a hotspot with?

Are you using something like connectify which is a program that lets you use wifi as a hotspot?

4. axe0 New Member

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Please uninstall MSI software, it is known for causing issues.

Please update, reinstall or remove connectify.

5. pequaad Win User
    Hello, I disabled the heavier items in the startup, and uninstalled MSI software. I reinstalled Connectify but still got BSODs from trying to use it.

pequaad, Oct 16, 2016
  6. pequaad Win User
    Uninstalling the Killer Network Monitor program seems to have allowed me to use Connectify safely, but I will need to see if I get any more BSODS from regular use.

pequaad, Oct 16, 2016
  7. I think I may be having the same problem. I'm using a Dell XPS13 9360 laptop and the Killer Network Monitor was supplied with it. Activating Connectify Hotspot give me a BSOD with IRQL_unexpected_value as soon as the device connects to the internet. The software is stable before that.

Did your solution work in the long term and were there any problems running your computer without the Killer Network Monitor?

GreenJuice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE - BSOD trying to start Connectify Hotspot - Similar Threads - IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE BSOD trying

2. MyPublicWiFi/Connectify not able to create hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MyPublicWiFi/Connectify not able to create hotspot: I was using MyPublicWiFi to share my internet connection Ethernet with static IP few months back at my workplace. For few months I had to work from an offsite location, so i used mobile hotspot for internet. Now that I returned, MyPublicWiFi has start hotspot button disabled....
  3. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE ndis.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE ndis.sys: Hi can someone help me please? In link below is minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvpfBcxizgCUiW2Wvn-aiNFv9B8N PC: I7 6700 non k RTX 2070 MSI Armor 8g 2x 8GB ddr4 Hyper x Mobo: MSI H170 GAMING 3 Sound card: Sound blaster Z Evga 750 G2...
  4. Irql_unexpected_value

Irql_unexpected_value: so i have since downloaded and installed the zip file to run command prompt that records the system info, on the desktop i am currently working on. before in tried to reinstall a fresh O/S I TURNED on the system as normal put in the users password and it did nothing from...
  5. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE BSOD Win 10

IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE BSOD Win 10: Recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, using the free code/install thing that Microsoft offered. I've been occasionally getting this BSOD under IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE, and BlueScreenView says the problem is nwifi.sys Also there was one or two under...
  6. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE surfing with FireFox

IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE surfing with FireFox: Since a week or two before the creators update, but 9 months since I first built the machine, I started to get a BSOD IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE when general surfing with FireFox. Using Chrome I haven't yet experienced the issue. I refreshed Firefox but that did not help. I have...
  7. Bsod (irql_unexpected_value)

Bsod (irql_unexpected_value): Hello, I've recently been getting IRQL_unexpected_value a lot. I've used things like BlueScreenView to see what is causing it and it has those things highlighted in red: ndis.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, nwifi.sys, and tcpip.sys. I was wondering how to stop my bluescreens on my...
  8. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE happening on logon

IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE happening on logon: Hi, good morning guys I'm looking for a way to stop this, i started to have IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE caused by ndis.sys + bwcW10x64.sys on address ndis.sys+100ef + bwcW10x64.sys+9e10 at every logon. I just cannot boot my windows install normaly, only on safe-mode. I think...
  9. BSOD browsing the internet - IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE

BSOD browsing the internet - IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE: Hello all, I've updated to Windows 10 in September but have been struggling with BSODs when browsing the web. Most commonly I will be watching a youtube video when it occurs but it's not always the case. It is always an IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE message displayed on the...
  10. BSOD IRQL_Unexpected_Value( IRQL and Webpage)

BSOD IRQL_Unexpected_Value( IRQL and Webpage): Hi, at this time im not really asking for the answer to the BSOD, i think it may be my video driver out of date. I will update it and then if i still get the BSOD ill get back to you. However my question is what does a webpage have to do with the BSOD. I can access any...