Windows 10: IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE BSOD Win 10

Discus and support IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE BSOD Win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, using the free code/install thing that Microsoft offered. I've been occasionally getting this BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Quinntessential, Sep 22, 2015.

1. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE BSOD Win 10

Recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, using the free code/install thing that Microsoft offered. I've been occasionally getting this BSOD under IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE, and BlueScreenView says the problem is nwifi.sys

Also there was one or two under SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, blaming portcls.sys

Any help on how to get this sorted would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Quinntessential, Sep 22, 2015

2. IRQL UNEXPECTED VALUE Windows restart

Hi Jordon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are in a frustrating situation because your computer have issue with IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE error on Windows 10.

I'd certainly help you, to resolve the issue.

Windows 10 Error Irql_unexpected_value errors are caused by missing system files or broken system registry structures.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries, mentioned below:

1. What is the latest Windows 10 build, installed on your system?
    2. Have you made any changes to your system, prior to this issue?

Please refer to the suggestions of auggy, replied on October 18, 2015, to fix you issue with IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE error on Windows 10.

IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALIUE BSOD:

IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALIUE BSOD

I would also suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 22, 2015
  3. BSOD IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Please provide us the following information to help you better:

1) When are you getting this error?

2) Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

Please try installing all the latest Windows Updates and check if it helps or not. As per your issue, I would suggest you to check your network adapters from
    Device Manager:

• Open Device Manager by pressing
      Windows key + X
      , click on Control Panel; select
      System and Maintenance
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate Network Adapters and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
    • Go to Driver tab, then click on
      Update Driver
      . And follow the instructions.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us with the required information to help you better.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Sep 22, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE BSOD Win 10

Hi Quinntessential,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE BSOD Win 10 [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please move some files from partition C to increase the free space to at least 10-15%.
    Every partition needs at least 10-15% free space for Windows to do its thing in the background.
    *Wink

Please check for driver updates for the Sound Blaster Recon3Di, the drivers are very old and flagged in a few crashes.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm cthdastart end module name fffff801`68650000 fffff801`68755000 cthda T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: cthda.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\cthda.sys Image name: cthda.sys Timestamp: Tue Mar 27 12:54:04 2012 (4F719C4C) CheckSum: 001066BF ImageSize: 00105000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

A network driver from your killer NIC has been flagged.
    Please check your manufacturer for driver updates, it needs updating.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm Ak27x64start end module name fffff801`69860000 fffff801`69b02000 Ak27x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: Ak27x64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Ak27x64.sys Image name: Ak27x64.sys Timestamp: Wed Dec 07 18:13:57 2011 (4EDF9ED5) CheckSum: 002AB75A ImageSize: 002A2000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. I downloaded the drivers for the killer wireless n 1103, and it told me that before i could run the installer i had to uninstall the qualcomm killer atheros device manager software from the uninstall programs menu, and both times I tried it, i got a BSOD under MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I went ahead and updated the .zip and attached it here

6. axe0 New Member
    The cause is either a network driver or a memory issue.
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm bflwfx64start end module name fffff801`8b340000 fffff801`8b497000 bflwfx64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: bflwfx64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bflwfx64.sys Image name: bflwfx64.sys Timestamp: Tue Feb 14 20:28:54 2012 (4F3AB5F6) CheckSum: 0001A6A6 ImageSize: 00157000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please follow instructions below for testing the RAM

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

7. This laptop is a couple of years old now, and spending the last few hours browsing for drivers, it looks like nothing has gotten new updates to make them compatible with windows 10. If I just did a factory reset, went back to windows 7 and wiped my drives, do you think that would solve the BSOD problem? I'm planning to get a new computer anyway, and don't know how worthwhile it is to wrestle old tech on this new OS with bad drivers.

8. axe0 New Member

I cannot say for sure if reverting back to your previous OS solves the problem
    As I just wrote here

9. Well there aren't any newer drivers for my wireless card, So I'm not sure what my other options are. I did everything else on the list you gave me. I appreciate the help, It just looks like there isn't a simple way to stop my wireless card drivers from doing this BSOD

10. axe0 New Member
    Please test your RAM as suggested in my previous post.

Thema:

1. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE BSOD Win 10 - Similar Threads - IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE BSOD

2. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE tcpip.sys blue screen error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE tcpip.sys blue screen error: Hi Everyone, Posting here is my last hope as I've tried everything to solve my problem. For the past couple of days I've had this blue screen error pop op. The error appears when I try to create a hotspot through a vpn connection in my case I've tried both Express and Nord...
  3. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE tcpip.sys blue screen error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE tcpip.sys blue screen error: Hi Everyone, Posting here is my last hope as I've tried everything to solve my problem. For the past couple of days I've had this blue screen error pop op. The error appears when I try to create a hotspot through a vpn connection in my case I've tried both Express and Nord...
  4. irql_unexpected_value ndis.sys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    irql_unexpected_value ndis.sys: irql_unexpected_value ndis.sys I have done everything I see online and this persists. I need this fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/irqlunexpectedvalue-ndissys/43cce13f-e76f-45e3-baca-648e1aaf6ec4
  5. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE ndis.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE ndis.sys: Hi can someone help me please? In link below is minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvpfBcxizgCUiW2Wvn-aiNFv9B8N PC: I7 6700 non k RTX 2070 MSI Armor 8g 2x 8GB ddr4 Hyper x Mobo: MSI H170 GAMING 3 Sound card: Sound blaster Z Evga 750 G2...
  6. BSOD IRQL unexpected value when browsing web.

BSOD IRQL unexpected value when browsing web.: So while I am browsing the internet, playing a game or watching a movie my computer will randomly blue screen saying IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE. Any help would be appreciated. 25646
  7. Bsod (irql_unexpected_value)

Bsod (irql_unexpected_value): Hello, I've recently been getting IRQL_unexpected_value a lot. I've used things like BlueScreenView to see what is causing it and it has those things highlighted in red: ndis.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, nwifi.sys, and tcpip.sys. I was wondering how to stop my bluescreens on my...
  8. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE - BSOD trying to start Connectify Hotspot

IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE - BSOD trying to start Connectify Hotspot: Hello, I had been getting several BSODs over the past few months that were DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and having to do with Netwbw02.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. These BSODS only seemed to occur on spotty Wi-Fi connections, and not Ethernet connections. Today I updated both...
  9. BSOD browsing the internet - IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE

BSOD browsing the internet - IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE: Hello all, I've updated to Windows 10 in September but have been struggling with BSODs when browsing the web. Most commonly I will be watching a youtube video when it occurs but it's not always the case. It is always an IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE message displayed on the...
  10. BSOD IRQL_Unexpected_Value( IRQL and Webpage)

BSOD IRQL_Unexpected_Value( IRQL and Webpage): Hi, at this time im not really asking for the answer to the BSOD, i think it may be my video driver out of date. I will update it and then if i still get the BSOD ill get back to you. However my question is what does a webpage have to do with the BSOD. I can access any...