Windows 10: Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File

Discus and support Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,We are facing the Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File due to which disk space is too much utilizing C Drive causing low volume and issues in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Osama Mansoor, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File

Hi,We are facing the Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File due to which disk space is too much utilizing C Drive causing low volume and issues in running Windows Program, therefore, every time I need to disable "Windows Search" and Delete Windows.EDB File.Is this normal behavior of Windows ? is there any way to rid of this exercise that needs to perform after some time period.Windows.EDB File Location :C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\WindowsMicrosoft Office 2013 Updated and Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

:)

Osama Mansoor, Jun 27, 2022
  2. Rey Cam Win User

WINDOWS 10 EDB FILE KEEPS INCREASING

Hi James,

To know the windows update that may fix your issue with .edb files, we would like to know the current specifications of computer.

To know current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer,
    follow the steps below:

• Select the
      Startbutton.
    • Type
      About your PC.
    • Press
      Enterto find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Meanwhile, we could run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic For Search and Indexing issues.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to change the index location and check if the large Windows.edb file still exists, Please perform the following steps to move the file:

• Enter Indexing Options into the Search field on the Start Menu.
    • Click on Indexing Options.
    • Click on Advanced at the bottom.
    • Click on Select New and specify a new location for your Windows.edb file.
    • Click on OK and wait until Windows restarted.
    • Check if issue persists.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if the issue was left unresolved, kindly get
    back to us with the answers to our inquiryso that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open .edb file

EDB files are used for faster searches on your Windows 10 device. It works like caches on a browser. May we ask if the EDB file size are increasing? It can can be a different issue if that is what is happening.

Also, you need to restore the files manually to be able to find/open them. Please have a go with these instructions to open the backed up files:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard or click Start.
    • On the Cortana search box, type Backup Settings and then click the result.
    • Click More options under Add a drive, then click
      Restore files from a current backup and browse the location of the files to recover them.

Let us know if you've resolved the issue.

Ian Ser, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File

Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open .edb file

Hi,

Since it is our wish to provide you an appropriate resolution, we would like to reiterate the questions asked by Ian ser. Please see above post. Are the EDB file size increasing? Were you also able to follow the steps to open back up files?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Rey Cam, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File

1. Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File - Similar Threads - Irrational growth EDB

2. Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File

in Cortana
    Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File: Hi,We are facing the Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File due to which disk space is too much utilizing C Drive causing low volume and issues in running Windows Program, therefore, every time I need to disable "Windows Search" and Delete Windows.EDB File.Is this normal...
  3. Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File: Hi,We are facing the Irrational growth of Windows.EDB File due to which disk space is too much utilizing C Drive causing low volume and issues in running Windows Program, therefore, every time I need to disable "Windows Search" and Delete Windows.EDB File.Is this normal...
  4. Stellar Converter for EDB – Best Software to convert EDB file to PST

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Stellar Converter for EDB – Best Software to convert EDB file to PST: Today, we are going to explore an EDB to PST converter application, called Stellar Converter for EDB. This application promises safe and effective conversion from any EDB file of any version of Exchange Server – from 2007 to 2019, to PST and other formats. The application...
  5. Stellar Converter for EDB – Best Software to convert EDB file to PST

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Stellar Converter for EDB – Best Software to convert EDB file to PST: Today, we are going to explore an EDB to PST converter application, called Stellar Converter for EDB. This application promises safe and effective conversion from any EDB file of any version of Exchange Server – from 2007 to 2019, to PST and other formats. The application...
  6. FIles e.g., edb and Windows.jfm

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIles e.g., edb and Windows.jfm: When I manually copy my files to another external drive, I always encounter, “Could not find this item”, I just click on Skip. The following it is not able to find are: a windows.edb b edbtemp c edb d edb0094A e edb009A5 f edb009A6 g Windows.jfm They are supposed...
  7. Format Specification of EDB files

in Cortana
    Format Specification of EDB files: Hi, I am working in forensics and i would like to know if EDB file specifications are provided by microsoft team. I need to analyze the edge , IE and cortana...
  8. Irratic performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Irratic performance: My son's PC with a AMD Phenom X4 9100e and 8GB RAM runs a bit slow. The OS is Win10 v1909. I checked it with Everest Ultimate and noticed that the multipliers are flicking between 9 and 4.5, i.e. halving, and the core temperatures were at 80 - 87°C on normal windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 version 1903: list of known issues growth, and growth, and growth

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903: list of known issues growth, and growth, and growth: If you have followed the development of the Windows 10 version 1809 and 1903, you know that both versions were plagued by lots of bugs. Microsoft had to pull version 1809 even shortly after release and spend six weeks fixing issues before it released an updated version again...
  10. Windows 10 acting irratically.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 acting irratically.: Last week my computer started acting irratically and a message appeared on my screen that said that the last update was not playing well with ad blocker programs. It suggested that I disable my ad blocker program until microsoft can fix the problem. Has this issue been...