Windows 10: Irregular BSODs for many months.

Discus and support Irregular BSODs for many months. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought this computer 2nd hand from eBay at the start of this year. When I got it, my cousin installed DriverPack in my computer and when while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DrakeJen, Sep 10, 2019.

1. DrakeJen Win User

Irregular BSODs for many months.

I bought this computer 2nd hand from eBay at the start of this year. When I got it, my cousin installed DriverPack in my computer and when while updating some drivers, it crashed for the first time.
    Since then I've tried various things to try and find out the problem. Here is the list in chronological order.

• The usual google advices. Updated my drivers via windows, dell website, manually and even driver softwares. Also, a lot of commands to enter in Powershell.
    • Did a memtest. Since I have a 32GB ram, it took a long time, but it passed once.
    • Did a clean installation
    • Kept the entire computer in safe mode for more than 48 hours. Did not crash.
    • Finally formatted the computer a month back. Waited 2 days before I installed the first software (Chrome). Drivers were automatically installed. Crashed after another 24 hours.

A few notes about the crashes.
    • They are irregular. They can happen anywhere from once every day to once every 3 days. Once it didn't crash for more than a week.
    • The usual errors are 'Critical process died' and 'Unexpected Store Exception'. Only once did I get a 'Driver state failure' and very rarely 'System Service Exception'.
    • 98% of the time, they don't create a dump file. The Blue screen appears for a second and then the computer restarts. I've disabled auto-restart once and it was just stuck in the blue screen until I force restarted it.
    • I've checked with WhoCrashed and triggered a crash to see if the system is incapable of creating a dump file. I wasn't. It created a dump file just fine in that scenario. Only 'Critical process...' and 'Unexpected...' fails to create a dump file.
    • It comes randomly. I don't have to be doing anything. PC could be idle, I could be browsing, playing a game, watching a movie, etc. No particular behavior triggers it.

I can understand if it is a hardware issue. But I want to be sure. I want evidence of whatever is causing it so I can then move forward in fixing/replacing it.

:)

DrakeJen, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Nikolaj F Win User

Irregular BSOD's

I'm getting irregular BSOD's during regular use of my PC. I can't relate it to anything I'm doing and I get many different error codes.

I have run the Driver Verifier, and after disabling it with verifier /reset my system won't boot (It is disabled, I've checked with verifier /query and it lists nothing). Posting from Safe Mode w/ networking.

My DMP files from the last 4 crashes are here along with my msinfo:

Dropbox - Link not found

Not sure what to do from here

Nikolaj F, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Resshi Win User
    Longtime irregular BSODs

Thanks for reply. Ok, so I did following steps:

1) droidcam drivers: I uninstalled the program. I was using it scarcely.
    2) semav6msr64 driver: Google search revealed that it was installed by Intel Driver Update utility so I uninstalled it.
    3) Acronis backup program: I did uninstall it as I wanted to try some alternative (installed AOMEI Backupper Standard).
    4) ESET AV: Updated to latest version(v10).

After these steps I used DDU to uninstall GPU drivers and installed latest drivers(v376.09). So now I just have to wait to see if BSOD comes back which can last a few weeks to month. If BSOD comes back, I'll write again to this thread.

Again, thanks for your help.

Resshi, Sep 10, 2019
  4. sneagan Win User

Intermittent BSOD that I Can't Diagnose

I have a custom build with the specs listed on my account. In brief, I get 1 of 2 BSOD errors several times a day but I can't seem to establish steps to reproduce. It's irregular and doesn't appear to correspond to any particular applications that I'm running. Blue Screen View shows 2 other BSOD events that are the result of running `verifier`. I had to restore to my environment from yesterday due to the BSOD loop it caused.
    System and user background: I'm a long time Linux/OS X user who recently switched. I've been running OS X and Linux on this exact hardware for months with no issues of any kind. Windows is on its own SSD and is a clean install. All the tests I've run in every OS (including Windows) have indicated no hardware errors. This includes RAM, SSD, GPU tests and more. I'm at a loss.

sneagan, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Irregular BSODs for many months. - Similar Threads - Irregular BSODs many

2. PC crashes irregularly with and without BSODs. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes irregularly with and without BSODs. Please help.: Hi everyone, I got a major problem with my PC and hope that you can help me with it. The problem: At some time in the past my PC started crashing with BSODs. At first it was only like once a month or so, but recently past 3-4 months the problem became more and more present...
  3. Strange irregular BSOD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange irregular BSOD's: BSOD's keep infrequently occurring on my PC, I'm unsure as to what is causing it, as I've unplugged all my USB connections.I've ran chkdsk and other cmd commands to try and fix the problem, none have yielded any fixes.I have a .dmp file, but do not know how to use / identify...
  4. Cannot update failed many times over many months!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update failed many times over many months!: Hello, I cannot update my laptop. Have tried many times over many months! Now says my computer is not supported. But it should be able to update. On 1803. Need to be on 1909. Can you come on it remotely and sort it please? I have Assure cover. Thank you. Fran Carpenter...
  5. Irregular BSOD's without proper cause

Irregular BSOD's without proper cause: Hi everyone so im getting some irregular BSOD's and i cant figure out whats causing them as everytime i analyze the minidump its tells me a different component/driver is at fault one time its the graphics driver other time its the CPU and then its the memory they happen...
  6. Irregular BSODs after a fresh install

Irregular BSODs after a fresh install: Hello there, after a fresh install on windows on my trusty rig (windows 10 would not update anymore and I got too frustrated looking for an answer) my PC crashes at irregular intervals. Sometimes twice a day, sometimes once a week. It usually happens during low intensity...
  7. irregular BSODs after resume from sleep

irregular BSODs after resume from sleep: Hello, I am having irregular BSODs if and only if I have sent my PC to standby and am resuming from it. If I remember correctly, these BSODs come with different error codes. I have run the V2 log collector, the output is attached to this post. Thank you very much in...
  8. Irregular display

Irregular display: My laptop is not displaying correctly. When you boot the laptop, you hardly can see the programs on the window. I clicked device manager it gives me the installed display adapter as mobile intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family- Microsoft corporation WDDM1.1. I then...
  9. BSOD at Irregular intervals

BSOD at Irregular intervals: Hi, I noticed after the latest windows update a couple of days ago, that I'm getting BSODs with different messages, or PC would freeze and no other option than just to shut down. Freeze/BSOD can happen in middle of game, middle of email or middle of browing web, no...
  10. Longtime irregular BSODs

Longtime irregular BSODs: Hello, so I've been having 3-4 BSODs a month since an upgrade from Win7 to Win10 over year, year and a half ago. Error names were changing - it was not always the same ones. I updated drivers to newest ones, checked RAM in MemTest86+ for 6,5 hours - no error. Then I did...