Windows 10: Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu

Discus and support Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am gettting a really weird glow when i get the start menu up (The windows button) as shown in the image below.. It doesn't appear straight away until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Scott18490, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu

I am gettting a really weird glow when i get the start menu up (The windows button) as shown in the image below.. It doesn't appear straight away until i hover over any icon.. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a known fix for it.. Any help would be appreciatedIrritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu [​IMG]

:)

Scott18490, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Rensouken Win User

Start menu button not working??

I found this suggestion on this website:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/

I followed these steps and it worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too:

Step 1: Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

Step 2: Type Powershell in Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 3: Paste the following text in the Powershell window and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait for the command to run and ignore the red error prompts if they arise. The Start Menu should be operational now.

Rensouken, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Am I getting the most out of my SSD?

Step 1
    Press "Windows-X" in Windows 8, and then select "Device Manager." In Windows 7 or Vista, click the "Start" button, type "device manager" into the search box, and then press "Enter."

Step 2
    Click the arrow next to "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" to display the list of controller drivers currently used by your system.

Step 3
    Check for an entry that contains the acronym "AHCI." If an entry exists, and there is no yellow exclamation mark or red "X" over it, then AHCI mode is properly enabled. If you don't see an "AHCI" entry, or the only entry contains a red or yellow mark, then there's a problem and AHCI mode is not properly enabled.

TheBrainyOne, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu

Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu

1. Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu - Similar Threads - Irritating yellow glow

2. Every time I press the windows button or open the start menu, it starts loading something.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I press the windows button or open the start menu, it starts loading something.: This has kept happening for a couple of days now and it would mean the world for someone to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-press-the-windows-button-or-open-the/c1ea8bc6-5876-47e5-aa0e-9a0e65fe67a7
  3. Every time I press the windows button or open the start menu, it starts loading something.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every time I press the windows button or open the start menu, it starts loading something.: This has kept happening for a couple of days now and it would mean the world for someone to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-press-the-windows-button-or-open-the/c1ea8bc6-5876-47e5-aa0e-9a0e65fe67a7
  4. When i press the power button in the start menu only the options sleep and restart are...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When i press the power button in the start menu only the options sleep and restart are...: Ive searched google for like 2 hours but couldn't find anything that fixed it submitted by /u/kiram3ki [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrq9uj/when_i_press_the_power_button_in_the_start_menu/
  5. Critical error when I press the start button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical error when I press the start button: I’m not very good with computers just yet and I’ve ran into the issue of the critical error when I press the start button and it signs me out and now it seems to take forever to start back up like the black screen after I sign back in. I main question would be can I use the...
  6. When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.: Hi I have mouved my composant to another box and i changes the motherboard and the power suplie when i try to boot it it does nothing. The only way to boot it is press the power sw botton on my motherboard....
  7. mute button is not glowing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mute button is not glowing: my led light on mute button is not glowing can i know how can i set that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-is-not-glowing/b7b8c28c-8493-4889-9b2f-6675469325cd
  8. Start menu opens when I press esc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu opens when I press esc: Hello, my name is Maks and I have a question my problem is, when I click esc opens start menu and I can't change sites on firefox and other weird things, I turned off sticky buttons That bug doing at random times and when I restart the computer everything works for 10 min/1,5...
  9. BSOD when I just press the start button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD when I just press the start button: Hi helper, Here's the thing. Recently my computer always occurs BSOD. It makes me crazy so I decide re-install my win10x64 system. At the first day after install, it looks good. But the second day and today, It occurs BSOD when I just press the start button, the BSOD was...
  10. when my sound is mute,the yellow light doesn't glow

in Windows 10 Customization
    when my sound is mute,the yellow light doesn't glow: when my sound is mute ,the orange light doesn't glow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-my-sound-is-mutethe-yellow-light-doesnt-glow/2afa4a84-493e-41b9-a003-741670968a22