Windows 10: Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu

Discus and support Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am gettting a really weird glow when i get the start menu up (The windows button) as shown in the image below.. It doesn't appear straight away until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Scott18490, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu

I am gettting a really weird glow when i get the start menu up (The windows button) as shown in the image below.. It doesn't appear straight away until i hover over any icon.. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a known fix for it.. Any help would be appreciatedIrritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu [​IMG]

:)

Scott18490, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Rensouken Win User

Start menu button not working??

I found this suggestion on this website:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/

I followed these steps and it worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too:

Step 1: Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

Step 2: Type Powershell in Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 3: Paste the following text in the Powershell window and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait for the command to run and ignore the red error prompts if they arise. The Start Menu should be operational now.

Rensouken, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Am I getting the most out of my SSD?

Step 1
    Press "Windows-X" in Windows 8, and then select "Device Manager." In Windows 7 or Vista, click the "Start" button, type "device manager" into the search box, and then press "Enter."

Step 2
    Click the arrow next to "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" to display the list of controller drivers currently used by your system.

Step 3
    Check for an entry that contains the acronym "AHCI." If an entry exists, and there is no yellow exclamation mark or red "X" over it, then AHCI mode is properly enabled. If you don't see an "AHCI" entry, or the only entry contains a red or yellow mark, then there's a problem and AHCI mode is not properly enabled.

TheBrainyOne, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu

Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu

1. Irritating yellow glow when i press the windows button to view the start menu - Similar Threads - Irritating yellow glow

2. Start menu button size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu button size: How do I change the size of the menu buttons in the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button-size/9aea2aec-bd37-4def-845b-0b01d1631434
  3. Computer starts if I press any keyboard button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer starts if I press any keyboard button: When I press any of the buttons on the keyboard, my computer starts. I am sure it is not in the Sleep, Hibernate or Standby modes. I use Asus laptop and have reset it to factory default recently. It seems to me the issue has shown up after upgrading to the latest version of...
  4. Outlook crashes instantly when I press the Import/Export button in the files menu. Freeze...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook crashes instantly when I press the Import/Export button in the files menu. Freeze...: Hi, Outlook crashes instantly when trying Import/Export anything in Outlook. I suspect that the problem lies with a newer version of Windows, specifically Version 1809, Build: 17763.195 Steps I have taken to fix this issue - Tried repairing Office, offline and online...
  5. File explorer frezes after i press the start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer frezes after i press the start button: Hi, I just installed a new ssd in my computer. So I had to reinstall windows on it, efter i did this had some problems getting the 1803 update. after the update there where some problems that i fixed, that have all been related to windows defender. Now i have problem that i...
  6. DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button: As title says, but it does eject if I tell it to through Windows File Explorer and it does read and write discs, and seems to be working normally. Been trying to fiddle with its cable too. Is this just a hardware failure? Have done some diagnostics too through Windows. 90057
  7. Critical Error message appears when I press the start button?

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical Error message appears when I press the start button?: Upon some instances of booting, clicking the start button produces the following error: [img] When I do sign out and log back in, the error persists even though the error window has disappeared. While this message is shown, I can still get on with tasks on my PC, but...
  8. Blinking Yellow Start/ Power On Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blinking Yellow Start/ Power On Button: When I shut down my pc at the end of the day it goes off completely and all lights disappear. However, when I start my computer the next day and press the power on button, it turns a blinking yellow and doesn't turn on. I have to turn off the power strip and wait 10 seconds...
  9. Start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu button not working: Hello guys , i am runing windows 10 PRO x64, from time to time , i can't find a pattern , the start menu button decides not to work at all, i click it , nothing happens , i hit windows key on my keyboard , nothing happens. The solution is windows explorer process restart. Can...
  10. Windows Start Button/Start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Button/Start menu not working: When I click on the Windows icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen nothing happens. I've re-booted, restored and via Powershell I've tried the 'Get - Appx package etc' that has been suggested in a number of places on the Web. None of that has worked. I've...