Windows 10: Is 1. Microsoft Update Health Tools 2. rempl 3. UNP folders in program files are Microsoft...

Discus and support Is 1. Microsoft Update Health Tools 2. rempl 3. UNP folders in program files are Microsoft... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday after updation of Microsoft Windows, I have noted following 3 folders in program files: 1. Microsoft Update Health Tools 2. rempl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RajuSalvi, Aug 15, 2020.

1. RajuSalvi Win User

Is 1. Microsoft Update Health Tools 2. rempl 3. UNP folders in program files are Microsoft...

Hi,

Yesterday after updation of Microsoft Windows, I have noted following 3 folders in program files:

1. Microsoft Update Health Tools

2. rempl

3. UNP

Please let me know whether the above folders are valid or any of the folder is trojan virus.

If any of those folders is trojan virus then please guide on how to remove it.

Looking forward for expert advice from Microsoft Team on above concerns.

Thanks and regards

Raju

:)

RajuSalvi, Aug 15, 2020

2. remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files

So basically i was looking in program files only to find a folder named rempl inside that has few files and of them 2 executables run as services and 1 as a scheduled task , and it had been generating log files every 12 hours from the period 28/9 to 24/10 this year . so by googling i get to realize that its some sort of an update microsoft impose on us pre major updates to collect data out of no reason but then what concerns me really is how to get rid of it ?

PS all posts keep referring to it as remsh.exe folder , yet i dont see remsh.exe file included :

Is 1. Microsoft Update Health Tools 2. rempl 3. UNP folders in program files are Microsoft... [​IMG]

nIGHTmAYOR, Aug 15, 2020
  3. luan134 Win User
    unp folder after creators update?

So after doing the creators update I noticed there was a folder named UNP in program files. Is it a microsoft folder or can be dangerous?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

luan134, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Yokiaza Win User

Is 1. Microsoft Update Health Tools 2. rempl 3. UNP folders in program files are Microsoft...

"UNP" in Program Files

There's mixed information about UNP. Some say it's a virus but it seems to be a 1909 November Update of some sort. You may be able to uninstall it or at least do something just as effective. For some reason I only have a UNP folder in my System32 folder, not in my Program Files directory. Of course, certain programs and features of Windows aren't paired with their own Uninstall.exe file to actually uninstall them. It may be listed in one of the "Uninstall" directories as a SystemComponent, in which case switching the value from 1 to 0. If it isn't listed in any of those Registry areas (listed below) then it probably just doesn't have an Uninstall.exe command combo'd with it.

If you'd like to uninstall it (or remove it, effectively), I have a few ideas for you:

Uninstall it:
    -Check the Registry areas to see if it's set as a SystemComponent (1). It'd be something like "UNP" or "UNPUX*".
    -Check the Event Viewer for the first occurrence of UNP and check if an update was installed around that time. If there was, roll that update back.

Effectively remove it:
    -Use a Registry key finder to parse through your computer's Registry, like Nirsoft's RegScanner. Search for UNP / UNPUX and delete all that are possible.
    -After that, download Explorer++, it's really good at quickly searching all subdirectories. Select your root directory and then use the Find functions (Ctrl + F) to search for "UNP" and delete all of those folders.
    -If you don't have access to delete those files, download TakeOwnership from Walter Glenn's article on HowToGeek, then if needed you can edit permissions through the Security tab in the Properties for the directories and give Full Access to Everyone / your user / Administrators. Sometimes there are errors where it annoyingly says "You need permission from Everyone to...", covering those three will minimize those chances.
    -It may be being used, you can use a program like Process Explorer to find out what's using it and try to end it, even if it comes down to running taskkill /f on it. If that doesn't work and you're dead-set on removing it for some reason you can always replace osk.exe with a copy of cmd.exe and run it from the Accessibility tab on the login screen after logging out or you can run rmdir command from the Advanced Startup Command Prompt.
    -After that you can check scheduled tasks but they'd be pretty useless at that point, you can remove those. There's a duplicate UNP folder in WinSxS.

Hope this helps,

Yokiaza, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Is 1. Microsoft Update Health Tools 2. rempl 3. UNP folders in program files are Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Update Health

2. Microsoft update health tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft update health tools: microsoft update health tools version5.72.0.05.69.0.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-update-health/817a17b7-bc7d-4d23-ba4f-a0b04c9b8be9
  3. microsoft update health tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft update health tool: i accidentally uninstalled Microsoft windows health tool and could not find it for my version in the Microsoft download center' how do i findit for my version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-update-health-tool/71b33e0f-fe99-4e7a-96da-68c538608797
  4. microsoft update health tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft update health tool: i accidentally uninstalled Microsoft windows health tool and could not find it for my version in the Microsoft download center' how do i findit for my version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-update-health-tool/71b33e0f-fe99-4e7a-96da-68c538608797
  5. microsoft update health tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Microsoft Update Health Tools

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Update Health Tools: I accidentally deleted "Microsoft Update Health Tools" on my Computer. How can I restore it? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-update-health-tools/35976abe-076c-4bcd-9ac3-ecb18b3ec2ff
  7. microsoft update health tools

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft update health tools: hey so I want to know if its ok to delete microsft update health tools and if my pc will still work fine if I do because sadly i only have 250 gigs of ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-update-health-tools/43712265-b724-486b-b4cf-302d0d200a10
  8. Microsoft update and health tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft update and health tool: i was wondering what would happen if I uninstalled Microsoft update and health tool and is it safe to do so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-update-and-health-tool/c2d3a592-8c42-4abd-b90d-7df10c6dd90e
  9. Microsoft Update Health Tools

Microsoft Update Health Tools: I got a short question about an update i had today. It was the update: KB4023057 for windows 10 version 1909 based systems. Which put a folder named: Microsoft Update Health Tools; in my Program FIles folder. And when i checked my installed apps, there also apeared to be an...
  10. Microsoft Update Health Tools?

Microsoft Update Health Tools?: Hi, i just updated my laptop recently and i opened my control panel and found a program called "Microsoft Update Health Tools". Is this a legitimate program?[IMG]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disinstallare microsoft update health tools