Windows 10: Is 13.6 seconds a long time for BIOS boot time?

Discus and support Is 13.6 seconds a long time for BIOS boot time? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 13.6 seconds for my boot time and I don't know if that's normal or not. I have quite a few things on startup: iCUE, Razer Synapse, Wallpaper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChooChoo-Planes, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Is 13.6 seconds a long time for BIOS boot time?

I have 13.6 seconds for my boot time and I don't know if that's normal or not. I have quite a few things on startup:

iCUE, Razer Synapse, Wallpaper Engine (on high), LGHUB, and Steam. I have a GTX 1080 with a 7600k processor.

submitted by /u/ChooChoo-Planes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChooChoo-Planes, Nov 27, 2020

2. FAST boot time increased by 6 seconds

I'm not sure what did it exactly, but my FAST boot time went from 10 seconds to 16.

Might not seem like a big deal, but I love showing off the 10 to 11 second boot time i used to have.

I moved some of my media files to my mechanical drive (videos, music, documents) using the windows folder properties, but the problem didnt occur right after I did that. I dont really know for sure what the change was.

Not sure if that is the reason, but now I have to see the login/loading screen for 6 seconds on boot.

That increased my boot time to 16-17 seconds, where it used to be between 10-11.

Old boot

power on/screen black (2 seconds)

UEFI Asrock screen (8 seconds)

Desktop

Current boot

power on/screen black (2 seconds)

UEFI Asrock screen (8 seconds)

Login/loading splash screen (6 seconds)

Desktop

TimothyDieterich, Nov 27, 2020
  3. LVTHER Win User
    long boot times

Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I have it set to show for only 2 seconds.

Is 13.6 seconds a long time for BIOS boot time? [​IMG]

But when I cold boot or hard reset, its sub eight seconds.
    what do folks

Thanks.

LVTHER, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Is 13.6 seconds a long time for BIOS boot time?

FAST boot time increased by 6 seconds

Hi Timothy,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

To disable the Windows splash screen that shows the process of Windows loading as it is starting follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig and press enter.
    • Click the Boot tab.
    • In the Boot tab check the "No GUI boot" option.
    • Click Ok and the next time Windows starts the loading Windows splash screen should not appear.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Is 13.6 seconds a long time for BIOS boot time?

1. Is 13.6 seconds a long time for BIOS boot time? - Similar Threads - seconds long BIOS

2. Long BIOS last boot time. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long BIOS last boot time. What to do?: I am Russian, I already asked a similar question in the Russian-speaking technical support, but did not receive a proper answer there. Therefore, I will contact the English-speaking technical support.I had a problem with a long launch of BIOS before Windows 10 back in...
  3. Long BIOS last boot time. What to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long BIOS last boot time. What to do?: I am Russian, I already asked a similar question in the Russian-speaking technical support, but did not receive a proper answer there. Therefore, I will contact the English-speaking technical support.I had a problem with a long launch of BIOS before Windows 10 back in...
  4. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  5. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  6. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Long BIOS boot time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long BIOS boot time?: Hey guys, so I switched over to an NVMe SSD boot drive about a year ago. It used to take me like 20 seconds to boot fully to my login screen it was amazing. But for the past few months, my computer hangs on the Dell boot icon that spins for like sometimes a full minute now,...
  8. Long BIOS Time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long BIOS Time: So oin my laptop the BIOS time is around 3 seconds but on my pc, the bios time is 12.4 seconds. The SSD on the PC is actually faster than the one in my laptop. Is there any way I can shorten this time? Yes, I've already disabled some applications that automatically startup....
  9. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  10. long boot times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long boot times: Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I have it set to show for only 2 seconds. [img] But when I cold boot or hard reset, its sub eight seconds. what do...