Windows 10: Is 149 processes too many?

Discus and support Is 149 processes too many? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently got a new aming pc. It uses 149 processes, it is very quiet and everything, as i type using firefox and steam opened, it is only using 1% of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Igotboomed, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Is 149 processes too many?

I recently got a new aming pc. It uses 149 processes, it is very quiet and everything, as i type using firefox and steam opened, it is only using 1% of cpu which i know is fine, but I am just wondering if down the line, as i install games or so on, it may effect it. Is 149, sometimes some more, ok?

Thanks

-Dean

:)

Igotboomed, Jan 15, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Johnny5 Win User
    Building Again

I just tried to swap the hard drive for the one you suggested keakar but i purchased rush processing so its already in step 3... *Big Grin Is 149 processes too many? :D

Johnny5, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Thelps Win User

Is 149 processes too many?

TCPView shows multiple [System Process] network connections...

The list has a huge variation of IPs. I haven't noted any pattern in what IPs appear.

Could you suggest how I could identify this process or set of processes referred to as [System Process]?

Thelps, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Is 149 processes too many?

1. Is 149 processes too many? - Similar Threads - 149 processes too

2. Too many svchost.exe's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many svchost.exe's: On my old laptop, I remember having Windows 10 1703 installed in it, although, now it is updated. Before it had ~60-65 SVCHost.exe's, whereas now it is updated to version Windows 10 21H2, which for this time it has around 100 svchost.exe's. Same applies to my new laptop....
  3. too many process in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    too many process in task manager: Hello, I have a very old lapop and whenever I see task manager it there are some process antimalware service executable and many more process like this takes too much ram, cpu that it's hard to just browser anything in a browser. These processes I can't stop since this is for...
  4. too many process in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too many process in task manager: Hello, I have a very old lapop and whenever I see task manager it there are some process antimalware service executable and many more process like this takes too much ram, cpu that it's hard to just browser anything in a browser. These processes I can't stop since this is for...
  5. too many process in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Too many BSODs

Too many BSODs: Hello, I used to have some BSODs some time back but now i'm getting them quite frequently specially when gaming. The codes are memory_management, unexpected store exception, clock watchdog timeout, irql not less or equal for now and sometimes it just hangs and the power...
  7. Too Many Trackers

in Browsers and Email
    Too Many Trackers: Hi, I run the latest version of CCleaner at the end of each day and CCleaner typically finds between 1000 and 2500 trackers...each day! I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, all updates are done, I just changed my browser from Opera to Firefox and set tracker blocking to...
  8. Too many BSOD

Too many BSOD: My computer keeps on Blue screening. I was going to try to see the .dmp files but some reason can't open them so I am here for your help. I have reinstalled all drivers many times, all drivers are up to date, bios is up to date, windows is up to date. Clean install on windows...
  9. High Ram usage and too many Svchost process

High Ram usage and too many Svchost process: My Pc was running Slow so i checked all applications from task manager and i found around 92 svchost processes and RAM usage above 80% and no apps were using the RAM. Please tell me a solution of this problem.[ATTACH]...
  10. Too many background processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Too many background processes: So, I've had this laptop for almost a year, an hp omen, and recently it's been running slowly whenever I play games or even when I use a navigator. I've checked the task manager and it's come to my realization that every time I boot up my computer different processes start...