Windows 10: Is 3D viewer incompatible with Windows 11?

Discus and support Is 3D viewer incompatible with Windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since updating to Windows 11, I can't save anything from the 3D library, in 3D viewer. I can open the app and view everything just fine. When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M Fero, Dec 7, 2022.

1. M Fero Win User

Is 3D viewer incompatible with Windows 11?

Since updating to Windows 11, I can't save anything from the 3D library, in 3D viewer. I can open the app and view everything just fine. When I try to save things, it says "cannot save file." No error beyond that or any explanation as to why. I have tried reset, repair, and even reinstalling. Nothing fixes the problem. Below is the app I am referring to.

:)

M Fero, Dec 7, 2022

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 7, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows 10 Mixed Reality Viewer app gets update & renamed to 3D Viewer

The Mixed Reality Viewer app in Windows 10 for Windows Insiders on Skip Ahead got an update to version 5.1809.20012.0 from the Microsoft Store, and was renamed to 3D Viewer.

Version 5.1809.20012.0 of the app features the following changes:

• Rebrand: Mixed Reality Viewer becomes 3D Viewer
    • Environment & Lighting: 3D Viewer now allows you to adjust the intensity, saturation, value and colour of the light to your liking. In addition, there are several selectable themes available to your liking such as Sunset.
    • Stats & Shading: 3D Viewer presents a new Statistics and Shading section, in which it will be possible to inspect and adjust the shapes and dates of the objects present in your projects
    • Removed the hamburger menu in favour of a new top menu
    • New welcome screen
    • New settings
    • Introduced control with the Surface Pen
    • It is now possible to hide the 3D Viewer option panels
    • Significant improvements with the display in Mixed Reality
    • Introduced the reveal effect
    • New 3D Print options
    • Various bug corrections and improvements

Is 3D viewer incompatible with Windows 11? [​IMG]

Source: 3D Viewer | Microsoft al lavoro per unire Print 3D e Mixed Reality Viewer - Aggiornamenti Lumia

Brink, Dec 7, 2022
  4. Is 3D viewer incompatible with Windows 11?

Unable to open .obj file in Mixed Reality viewer error 'couldn't load 3d model'.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the file or program doesn't work as it should.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. From which website did you download the file?
    3. Are you able to open other files in mixed reality viewer?

I would like to let you know that Mixed Reality is a combination of augmented reality and traditional Virtual Reality.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Open the folder that contains the .OBJ file.
    2. Right-click the file. A context menu will expand.
    3. Click ‘Open with’. It’s at the top of the menu. Another menu will expand.
    4. Click Paint 3D. This opens the file on your PC. The .OBJ files are also supported by Adobe Photoshop and Mixed Reality Viewer.

Articles for Reference.

Windows Mixed Reality help:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041156/windows-10-mixed-reality-help

Windows 10 Tip: Get started with the Mixed Reality Viewer app:
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/01/08/windows-10-tip-get-started-mixed-reality-viewer-app/#cLAGDCjvX2SU2wh4.97

Further, you may also want to download this app from the Microsoft Store to check if the makes any difference.

3D Viewer:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/3d-viewer/9nblggh42ths?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

Is 3D viewer incompatible with Windows 11?

1. Is 3D viewer incompatible with Windows 11? - Similar Threads - viewer incompatible

2. Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...: I have recently built my own computer 4070 super, 15 14600kf, ddr4 3600mz, strix b760a d4 and i had issues making it work, but was able to make it work great with all features. Recently, i downloaded Red dead Redemption 2 for a fun time playing, but have had issues with my...
  3. Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...: I have recently built my own computer 4070 super, 15 14600kf, ddr4 3600mz, strix b760a d4 and i had issues making it work, but was able to make it work great with all features. Recently, i downloaded Red dead Redemption 2 for a fun time playing, but have had issues with my...
  4. About a Diagnostic Data Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About a Diagnostic Data Viewer: Does Diagnostic Data Viewer will send problem reports, including driver error, app crashes, program stop working, BSOD?Diagnostic Data Viewer need internet connection to send to Microsoft to fix problems, true or false?...
  5. About a Diagnostic Data Viewer

About a Diagnostic Data Viewer: Does Diagnostic Data Viewer will send problem reports, including driver error, app crashes, program stop working, BSOD?Diagnostic Data Viewer need internet connection to send to Microsoft to fix problems, true or false?...
  6. How to fix Application Error in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Application Error in Event Viewer: Hi, I recently installed Wacom Cintiq 16 driver from Wacom website that latest one, up on restart my PC It appears on Event Viewer as Application Error that the application has an issue, last time this happens It froze my PC and had to forces shutdown, the froze were not just...
  7. How to fix Application Error in Event Viewer

How to fix Application Error in Event Viewer: Hi, I recently installed Wacom Cintiq 16 driver from Wacom website that latest one, up on restart my PC It appears on Event Viewer as Application Error that the application has an issue, last time this happens It froze my PC and had to forces shutdown, the froze were not just...
  8. How to fix Application Error in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. discord crash and powershell error in even viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    discord crash and powershell error in even viewer: Application: powershell.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 51B02B73 51AF0000 with exit code 80131506.--------------Faulting application name: powershell.exe, version: 10.0.22621.3085, time...
  10. Is 3D viewer incompatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is 3D viewer incompatible with Windows 11?: Since updating to Windows 11, I can't save anything from the 3D library, in 3D viewer. I can open the app and view everything just fine. When I try to save things, it says "cannot save file." No error beyond that or any explanation as to why. I have tried reset, repair, and...