Windows 10: Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?

Discus and support Is 4 GB of RAM Enough? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Work is sending me a laptop since my personal one has been giving me issues. However, when looking at the specs, I noticed that the RAM is only 4 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hotteoks, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?

Work is sending me a laptop since my personal one has been giving me issues. However, when looking at the specs, I noticed that the RAM is only 4 GB (i3 processor), and this has me pretty worried. Specifically, the model is a Dell Inspiron 14 5000 Series 2-in1 (5406). I am a Research Assistant so I don't do anything too crazy, but I'll mostly be using Chrome and Box tools to get things done, as well as R for some programming. I also require Zoom for video calls, etc. I have a feeling that the memory I have won't be enough, and that I'll need a new stick of RAM. I don't know if I should bring this up to my boss either. Any advice?

submitted by /u/hotteoks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hotteoks, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Avik Win User

Why 2.66 GB usable in 4 GB ram?

Thanks to everyone for their valuable suggestions. I guess the problem was with the OS.Because after increasing my ram from 4 gb to 8 gb still the usable memory was 2267 mb out of 8 gb, then I did a clean install of Windows 7.Now everything is fine and smooth, and usable memory is 7.9 gb out of 8 gb.

3. Ram upgrading: 4+4=8 gb or 4+8=12 gb?

I am using dell inspiron 5447

windows 10, 4 gb ram installed originally,

Intel i5, 2.4Ghz.

What would be better choice 4+4=8 gb or 4+8=12 gb?

ArpanPatel777, Feb 22, 2021
  4. STDennis Win User

Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?

8 gb of ram in pc, only 4 gb visible

You are most likely running a 32 bit version of Windows, which will only see and use up to 4 GB or RAM. You will need to clean install a 64 bit version of windows to use anything above 4 GB of RAM.

STDennis, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?

1. Is 4 GB of RAM Enough? - Similar Threads - RAM Enough

2. My laptop doesn't show enough RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't show enough RAM: My laptop has 4gb ram but Photoshop is showing 2gb ram and it is working slowly. Can anyone tell me the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-show-enough-ram/f17322dc-1048-4552-bc9d-43cfc1ff5f67
  3. My laptop doesn't show enough RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop doesn't show enough RAM: My laptop has 4gb ram but Photoshop is showing 2gb ram and it is working slowly. Can anyone tell me the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-show-enough-ram/f17322dc-1048-4552-bc9d-43cfc1ff5f67
  4. Hello microsoft, my pc says that there isn’t enough memory to create a ram disk device and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello microsoft, my pc says that there isn’t enough memory to create a ram disk device and...: please help as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-my-pc-says-that-there-isnt-enough/29be7bcc-a7bf-47a6-a7c0-701b95230ec3
  5. Hello microsoft, my pc says that there isn’t enough memory to create a ram disk device and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello microsoft, my pc says that there isn’t enough memory to create a ram disk device and...: please help as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-my-pc-says-that-there-isnt-enough/29be7bcc-a7bf-47a6-a7c0-701b95230ec3
  6. Hello microsoft, my pc says that there isn’t enough memory to create a ram disk device and...

7. Is 8gb RAM not enough now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is 8gb RAM not enough now?: Hello,I just bought a new laptop with a built-in 8gb RAM and windows 11. Right at the store, I had technicians install 1 more 8gb RAM. I came home happily knowing that I would have a bunch of RAM to spare and have to worry about lack of RAM no more. When I start the laptop...
  8. Is 8gb RAM not enough now?

Is 8gb RAM not enough now?: Hello,I just bought a new laptop with a built-in 8gb RAM and windows 11. Right at the store, I had technicians install 1 more 8gb RAM. I came home happily knowing that I would have a bunch of RAM to spare and have to worry about lack of RAM no more. When I start the laptop...
  9. 97% - 99% of RAM is used, without anything open that uses enough RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    97% - 99% of RAM is used, without anything open that uses enough RAM: Hello community,I've recently encountered a weird thing happening where my PC uses between 97 and 99% of my RAM without doing anything. This brings heavy lags with it regularly. I have 32 GB of RAM and when I look it up in the Task Manager there is absolutely no task that...
  10. 97% - 99% of RAM is used, without anything open that uses enough RAM

97% - 99% of RAM is used, without anything open that uses enough RAM: Hello community,I've recently encountered a weird thing happening where my PC uses between 97 and 99% of my RAM without doing anything. This brings heavy lags with it regularly. I have 32 GB of RAM and when I look it up in the Task Manager there is absolutely no task that...