Windows 10: Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?

Discus and support Is 4 GB of RAM Enough? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Work is sending me a laptop since my personal one has been giving me issues. However, when looking at the specs, I noticed that the RAM is only 4 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hotteoks, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?

Work is sending me a laptop since my personal one has been giving me issues. However, when looking at the specs, I noticed that the RAM is only 4 GB (i3 processor), and this has me pretty worried. Specifically, the model is a Dell Inspiron 14 5000 Series 2-in1 (5406). I am a Research Assistant so I don't do anything too crazy, but I'll mostly be using Chrome and Box tools to get things done, as well as R for some programming. I also require Zoom for video calls, etc. I have a feeling that the memory I have won't be enough, and that I'll need a new stick of RAM. I don't know if I should bring this up to my boss either. Any advice?

submitted by /u/hotteoks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hotteoks, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Avik Win User

Why 2.66 GB usable in 4 GB ram?

Thanks to everyone for their valuable suggestions. I guess the problem was with the OS.Because after increasing my ram from 4 gb to 8 gb still the usable memory was 2267 mb out of 8 gb, then I did a clean install of Windows 7.Now everything is fine and smooth, and usable memory is 7.9 gb out of 8 gb.

3. Ram upgrading: 4+4=8 gb or 4+8=12 gb?

I am using dell inspiron 5447

windows 10, 4 gb ram installed originally,

Intel i5, 2.4Ghz.

What would be better choice 4+4=8 gb or 4+8=12 gb?

ArpanPatel777, Feb 22, 2021
  4. STDennis Win User

Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?

8 gb of ram in pc, only 4 gb visible

You are most likely running a 32 bit version of Windows, which will only see and use up to 4 GB or RAM. You will need to clean install a 64 bit version of windows to use anything above 4 GB of RAM.

STDennis, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?

1. Is 4 GB of RAM Enough? - Similar Threads - RAM Enough

2. Is 4GB RAM enough with 250GB SSD for practicing programming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is 4GB RAM enough with 250GB SSD for practicing programming?: Hi,Is 4GB RAM enough with 250GB SSD for practicing programming? I have Dell Inspiron 3576 laptop with Windows 11. I have to practice lots of programming languages and softwares. I would really appreciate if someone answers that.Thanks!...
  3. Is 4GB RAM enough with 250GB SSD for practicing programming?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is 4GB RAM enough with 250GB SSD for practicing programming?: Hi,Is 4GB RAM enough with 250GB SSD for practicing programming? I have Dell Inspiron 3576 laptop with Windows 11. I have to practice lots of programming languages and softwares. I would really appreciate if someone answers that.Thanks!...
  4. My laptop doesn't show enough RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't show enough RAM: My laptop has 4gb ram but Photoshop is showing 2gb ram and it is working slowly. Can anyone tell me the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-show-enough-ram/f17322dc-1048-4552-bc9d-43cfc1ff5f67
  5. My laptop doesn't show enough RAM

My laptop doesn't show enough RAM: My laptop has 4gb ram but Photoshop is showing 2gb ram and it is working slowly. Can anyone tell me the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-show-enough-ram/f17322dc-1048-4552-bc9d-43cfc1ff5f67
  6. Hello microsoft, my pc says that there isn’t enough memory to create a ram disk device and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello microsoft, my pc says that there isn’t enough memory to create a ram disk device and...: please help as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-my-pc-says-that-there-isnt-enough/29be7bcc-a7bf-47a6-a7c0-701b95230ec3
  7. Hello microsoft, my pc says that there isn’t enough memory to create a ram disk device and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello microsoft, my pc says that there isn’t enough memory to create a ram disk device and...: please help as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-my-pc-says-that-there-isnt-enough/29be7bcc-a7bf-47a6-a7c0-701b95230ec3
  8. Hello microsoft, my pc says that there isn’t enough memory to create a ram disk device and...

9. Is 8gb RAM not enough now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is 8gb RAM not enough now?: Hello,I just bought a new laptop with a built-in 8gb RAM and windows 11. Right at the store, I had technicians install 1 more 8gb RAM. I came home happily knowing that I would have a bunch of RAM to spare and have to worry about lack of RAM no more. When I start the laptop...
  10. Is 8gb RAM not enough now?

Is 8gb RAM not enough now?: Hello,I just bought a new laptop with a built-in 8gb RAM and windows 11. Right at the store, I had technicians install 1 more 8gb RAM. I came home happily knowing that I would have a bunch of RAM to spare and have to worry about lack of RAM no more. When I start the laptop...