Windows 10: Is 40Gb normal for AeroGlass?

Discus and support Is 40Gb normal for AeroGlass? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just a quick question about installing the Anniversary Update. My C drive is 120Gb in which 110Gb was used. The install prep said I need to have at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GARoss, Aug 3, 2016.

1. GARoss Win User

Is 40Gb normal for AeroGlass?

Just a quick question about installing the Anniversary Update.

My C drive is 120Gb in which 110Gb was used. The install prep said I need to have at least 20Gb free so I looked to move data temporarily to free up space. I noticed AeroGlass 10240 folder was nearly 40Gb alone so I moved that data to another drive. I have not moved it back to C drive yet.

I know AeroGlass is a theme that adds transparency to windows but 40Gb? Does that sound right? I don't like AeroGlass that much but maybe a reinstall would be less data.

:)

GARoss, Aug 3, 2016

2. Tried to install Windows 10, got error C1900101-20004

I have my drive C: at 40GB free, drive D: at 40GB free and drive G: at 18GB free.

Still doesn't work for me, even with the tool mentioned above.

DeezWasabi, Aug 3, 2016
  3. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space. 350GB

Unfortunately this does not solve the problem. Cleaning system files gave me back 45mb. However the System files and reserved files has grown from 20GB to now 40GB. It grew by 2GB in the last two days from 38 to 40GB.

Panduranga Rukmini, Aug 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Mmm.. Aeroglass is a small (commercial/free) program that adds transparency.

40Gb is massive.
    Its program folder can fill with minidump files - e.g. repeated crashes 'cos the current version isn't compatible with the anniversary edition. But you'd need a LOT to make the folder that big.

You probably won't be able to log in normally with Aeroglass installed and the anniversary edition upgrade applied. You can uninstall it in safe mode.

dalchina, Aug 3, 2016
  5. GARoss Win User
    Thanks. I just deleted the folder, 39.6Gb!

GARoss, Aug 3, 2016
  6. AeroGlass is not compatible with the anniversary update ........ yet.
    What probably made the file so massive is that you probably did the update with aeroglass installed and the incompatibility of aeroglass with the anniversary update created a bunch of minidump files in the folder, normally the file is usually 5 to a little more than 6 mb in size.

Dark Knight, Aug 3, 2016
  7. GARoss Win User
    Thanks. It was the AeroGlass folder that prevented me installing the Anniversary Update. My HDD is 120Gb in which the update said it needed 20Gb of free space. Properties said I had 111Gb on that drive. I found the AeroGlass 10240 folder with 39.6Gb of data tied up so I moved the AeroGlass folder to another drive, then did the Anniversary Update install.

5-6Mb sounds more like it. I've deleted the AeroGlass folder for now & will try again when it's compatible.

GARoss, Aug 3, 2016
  8. Is 40Gb normal for AeroGlass?

Oddly it's semi compatible if you have out of date symbol files. if you have up to date symbol files it crashes every few seconds (which made it quite hard to log in and revert the symbol files!) - I do hope there's an update soon

ThosRTanner, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is 40Gb normal for AeroGlass? - Similar Threads - 40Gb normal AeroGlass

2. 40GB gone after an update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    40GB gone after an update?: Hello,I recently did a simple update on my computer. It was only a cumulative update, so I thought nothing of it.But when I restarted my computer, suddenly the free space available on my hard drive went from 100gb down to 60gb I have a 200gb ssd.I'm really not sure where...
  3. 40GB gone after an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    40GB gone after an update?: Hello,I recently did a simple update on my computer. It was only a cumulative update, so I thought nothing of it.But when I restarted my computer, suddenly the free space available on my hard drive went from 100gb down to 60gb I have a 200gb ssd.I'm really not sure where...
  4. 40GB gone after an update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Aeroglass now available for build 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aeroglass now available for build 1909: Aero Glass for Win8+ Windows 10 v1703 - v1909 Current version: 1.5.13 146936
  6. Aeroglass is now available up to build 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aeroglass is now available up to build 1809: Aero Glass for Win8+ Apply glass look to windows borders Blur the content behind the borders to improve UI experience Change amount of transparency in Control panels directly Change inactive windows borders color Skin windows borders (add glow, shadows etc.) without...
  7. Aeroglass now available for build 1803

Aeroglass now available for build 1803: Aero Glass for Win8+ Download: Aero Glass for Win8+ Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.5.9 - change log This version is up to Win10 10.0.17134. 114999
  8. Aeroglass on Office 2013/2016 - Is it possible?

Aeroglass on Office 2013/2016 - Is it possible?: I know that I have asked this elsewhere before, but I use Office 2013 on a Windows 7 machine at work and when it hangs up/freezes, it applies an aeroglass frame. See picture. Is there a way to implement this when it is working normally (on any version of Windows, but Office...
  9. Aeroglass now released for build 15063

Aeroglass now released for build 15063: A trial version's been out for quite a while, but now there's an official release. Aero Glass for Win8+ It's taken a long time, and soon we'll have the Fall/Autumn upgrade... which probably means a few more months delay. But if you want [img] [img] (just look...
  10. Aeroglass 1.4.5 compatible build 10586

Aeroglass 1.4.5 compatible build 10586: Good news *Smile Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.4.5 provides support for Windows 10 up to build 10586. Aero Glass for Windows 8.x+ bye bye debug window .... just the watermak [img] 34804