Windows 10: Is 7 pro OEM version eligible for upgrade to Windows 10?

Discus and support Is 7 pro OEM version eligible for upgrade to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Now you shouldn't have any future problems until you decide to change the motherboard. *Confused Whilst I haven't had a chance to verify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lbeck, Dec 30, 2015.

1. fdegrove Win User

Is 7 pro OEM version eligible for upgrade to Windows 10?

Hi,

Whilst I haven't had a chance to verify this, in theory it shouldn't be a problem if you remove the old machine from your MS account prior to introducing the new one.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 2, 2016
  2. Porthos Win User

That key
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-CM74G-RPHKF-PW487
    is the default key that is installed when you install Windows without the key.

Your Amazon disk should of had a key sticker stuck to the box

Is 7 pro OEM version eligible for upgrade to Windows 10? [​IMG]

Porthos, Jan 4, 2016
  3. lbeck Win User
    Well.... I really feel stupid - or I prefer neglectful.

I looked at the packaging several times and numbers are written all over it - none of which are the product key. I was about to take a picture of my own of the plastic case to post here and saw the blank space that stipulated emphatically to tear off that sticker and place it on my computer. Being a good little boy I did as directed and that's why I didn't see a product key during my investigation. It was on my computer where I placed it several years ago.

I entered the product key and walla - Windows 10 now is activated.

Thanks for recognizing that sometimes simple things are overlooked in favor of assuming something drastic is needed.

lbeck, Jan 6, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Is 7 pro OEM version eligible for upgrade to Windows 10? [​IMG]

That's OK, I can't count how many times I have put something in a specific place thinking, "I am going to put this right here so I know exactly where it's at"..... and then forget where I put it the next day.

Here's a little hint - make sure and keep a backup copy of that sticker - especially if it is on the bottom of a laptop where it will rub off over time.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is 7 pro OEM version eligible for upgrade to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - pro OEM version

2. Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I would like to repurpose some old Win7 Pro OEM licensed desktops by performing an Upgrade to Windows 10 using the Microsoft Media creation tool. After performing the upgrade they will be joined to an AD domain. Now from license compliance perceptive do I need any other...
  3. Can a retail Version of Windows 10 pro Retail. Upgrade a Windows 7 pro OEM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can a retail Version of Windows 10 pro Retail. Upgrade a Windows 7 pro OEM?: Because the recent windows 10 update my computer became unusable. I couldn't access the computer because the sign in prompt disappeared and trying to do an update rollback or repair or recovery through safe mode failed. So I had to reinstall my old windows 7 pro just...
  4. Windows 10 pro OEM version

Windows 10 pro OEM version: i wanted to know if it is legal to use windows 10 Pro OEM key to activate my unactivated windows 10 pro windows on my assembled machine for my personal use ? Also if I boaght it on Ebay and got the key via msg without physical media and and no COA does that make it properly...
  5. Is it possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Win 10 for Free if Windows 7 version is OEM or is a...

Is it possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Win 10 for Free if Windows 7 version is OEM or is a...: I may just do a full fresh Win 10 install instead of upgrading from 7 since the online upgrade has repeatedly failed. I have noticed though that many people have posted that Product ID 00359-OEM-8992687-00249 the ID on his computer is an unauthorized version of Windows...
  6. how to upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro using an OEM dvd

how to upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro using an OEM dvd: My desktop runs on Windows 7 Pro, so I purchased a Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD to upgrade the operating system. I am looking for guidance on how to do the upgrade? Thanks....
  7. Windows 10 Pro OEM - Upgrade

Windows 10 Pro OEM - Upgrade: Hi I bought a new PC with Windows 10 Pro OEM on DVD. With this PC I d like to use my old SSD drive. So I insert an old SSD drive in my new computer but I can not install Windows 10 Pro OEM on it. SSD drive was installed with Windows 10 Home OEM before. I boot my new Win 10...
  8. OEM Version of Windows 10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    OEM Version of Windows 10 Pro: Hi, Where can I get the instructions to install win 10 pro on my current windows 8.1 desktop? I tried it once with no luck. According to Frye's Electronics' it will take some tools that I can download from Microsoft. I'm not sure where I can get them and which ones....
  9. Can't upgrade to an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro with product key

Can't upgrade to an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro with product key: Scenario: Bought Win10 Home OEM for new computer build. Installed it and all of my requisite 3rd party software. Then find out that Home 10 does not allow RDP connections. *cry Buy 10 Pro OEM for $128 (rather than pay $99 for an upgrade through the Windows store so I have a...
  10. Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!

Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!: Hello, I current have Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit installed from a Retail (not OEM) copy. If I read the tutorials correctly, I understand that if I install the free upgrade to Windows 10, there is no product key and it is tied to my hardware. Even if I create install media,...