Windows 10: Is 8 hours to create a recovery USB stick normal?

Discus and support Is 8 hours to create a recovery USB stick normal? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I set Windows (version 1909) to work creating recovery media on a USB stick. After 5½ hours it is only ⅔ of the way through, so it will probably have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ricecrispies, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Is 8 hours to create a recovery USB stick normal?

I set Windows (version 1909) to work creating recovery media on a USB stick. After 5½ hours it is only ⅔ of the way through, so it will probably have taken 8 hours from start to finish. Is this normal? And why does it need to take such an extraordinarily long time?

:)

ricecrispies, Apr 18, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Akheel Ahmed, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Is 8 hours to create a recovery USB stick normal?

Cant create Recovery USB

Hi Cole,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to refer to the thread answered by Mr. Andre Da Costa and check if it helps.

How to create a recovery image/partition in Windows 10

You may also refer to the article “Create a USB recovery drive” and follow the steps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Is 8 hours to create a recovery USB stick normal?

1. Is 8 hours to create a recovery USB stick normal? - Similar Threads - hours create recovery

2. Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB: My installed system on a new computer, has a 1.73gb partition on the SSD called "recovery Partition", but, the only references/utilities/apps I can find will only create a recovery "drive" on an external USB/disk.What's the go??What's the point of this partition taking up...
  3. Can recovery tools replace USB Stick drive from "CREATE RECOVERY DRIVE" in Windows 10, ......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can recovery tools replace USB Stick drive from "CREATE RECOVERY DRIVE" in Windows 10, ......: 1Can recovery tools replace USB Stick drive from "CREATE RECOVERY DRIVE" in Windows 10, ... tools like: ... ?? In other words, is needed to have both?AAOMEI PE Builder 2.0 https://www.ubackup.com/pe-builder.htmlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD7Nc4AHGx4BHiren’s BootCD PE x64...
  4. Created A Recovery USB Drive That's Not Even 1 gig. Is That Normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Created A Recovery USB Drive That's Not Even 1 gig. Is That Normal?: Hullo! So, I just had a question: I've been wanting to do a reset on my computer as it's gotten laggy in a few areas (it's a five year old HP laptop). So, I went through all the steps of creating a Recovery USB drive. It worked, but it doesn't even take up one gig of the USB...
  5. creating a recovery usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating a recovery usb: Hi, I am trying to put a recovery of windows 10 to a new 32gb usb stick. I am running the latest version of windows. The desktop pc recognizes the usb but the recovery option does not, I just get the green progress bar going along the 'window'. I have tried disabling the anti...
  6. Creating a recovery usb

Creating a recovery usb: Hi there, I want to upgrade from windows 10 v1909 to v2004. So i decided to create a recovery drive so that i can clean install the os if my update fails. I have created a recovery usb drive using "create recovery drive" option in windows, when i was running in windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 Recovery USB stick

Windows 10 Recovery USB stick: I have attempted to cerate a recovery USB 64GByte size USB and the first time I tried it failed without any useful report as to why I think it was because the computer went into sleep mode after 1 hour. I change the sleep mode to 'Never' and it then got passed the fail point...
  8. can not create a recovery usb

can not create a recovery usb: I have seen reams of problems with this issue - but is there a definitive answer [4 years on!]? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-create-a-recovery-usb/2578b815-76c3-4d30-add3-2672a724d228
  9. Creating a recovery stick

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creating a recovery stick: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please tell me how to create a recovery drive to troubleshoot problems when the PC can not start. The steps I have to do for this operation until the completion. Thank you! Wait for response! A great day!...
  10. Creating USB drive Windows 8

Creating USB drive Windows 8: Is there anyway to create Windows USB drive from another PC without knowing ADMIN password? 32104