Windows 10: Is 8GB Ram sufficient for Windows 10 & Which DDR 3 or 4 below USD 50 budget?

Discus and support Is 8GB Ram sufficient for Windows 10 & Which DDR 3 or 4 below USD 50 budget? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am not a tech guy, currently planning to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, some guys have suggested Windows 8.1 but most of them have told me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mikejonesny, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Is 8GB Ram sufficient for Windows 10 & Which DDR 3 or 4 below USD 50 budget?

I am not a tech guy, currently planning to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, some guys have suggested Windows 8.1 but most of them have told me to go for the Windows10 for I do not know what tech reasons they explained.

Now there is confusion, some guys are saying 4gb ram is enough, and some 8gb, and I am confused over DDR3 & 4, can someone suggest a reasonable RAM under $50. You can suggest specs, while I am looking ddr sdram fromhere I still need input, and any other place to order online, even if refurbished versions.

I am not into gaming now, but would like to get in to it, some of the heavier versions. Should I stick to 8gb ram or would I need more, I keep need to stick with it for at least 1 year, without any further upgradation of sdram.

thanks in advance, not an urgent query, have a month to decide. ty

:)

mikejonesny, Jan 22, 2021

2. 8GB stick of DDR 4 ram price

I'm thinking of adding a second stick of this RAM

Is 8GB Ram sufficient for Windows 10 & Which DDR 3 or 4 below USD 50 budget? [​IMG]

The going rate for 8GB of DDR4-2400MHz of memory is about $70. Is that dive on it cheap? Wait for Black Friday pricey? Right in the middle?

The Pool Man, Jan 22, 2021
  3. 8GB stick of DDR 4 ram price

Thanks for feedback all. Group response --

Speccy reports that I have this:

Is 8GB Ram sufficient for Windows 10 & Which DDR 3 or 4 below USD 50 budget? [​IMG]

so I'm pretty sure I have a second open bay. (Crucial reported the same thing, I believe.)

I'm looking at something like this

I'd really prefer to pay something like $49. I'm in no hurry, it's just that I'm about to open up this PC and clean out some dust and I figured, while I'm in there, doubling the unit to 16 would help me not sweat seeing this --

-- and allow me to have all sorts of windows open.

(This is the story about the dusting I did from the outside of this unit -- How I fixed my noisy Asus VivoMini V66 PC fan (Hint: it sucked) - Windows 10 Forums )

The Pool Man, Jan 22, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Is 8GB Ram sufficient for Windows 10 & Which DDR 3 or 4 below USD 50 budget?

8GB stick of DDR 4 ram price

The photo you included shows 2 sticks installed, which would be 2 x 4GB. Does your computer currently have 2 x 4GB sticks installed or 1 x 8GB and you want to add a second 8GB to increase to 16GB?

NavyLCDR, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Is 8GB Ram sufficient for Windows 10 & Which DDR 3 or 4 below USD 50 budget?

1. Is 8GB Ram sufficient for Windows 10 & Which DDR 3 or 4 below USD 50 budget? - Similar Threads - 8GB Ram sufficient

2. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  3. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  4. How am I using 50% of 8gb RAM while idle?

How am I using 50% of 8gb RAM while idle?: Here is a spreadsheet of my processes in Resource Monitor below. Lots of svchost.exe, I don't know if there is anyway to lower the ram usage or number of processes for it. There has to be something I can do other than installing Windows 10. I already uninstalled all the bloat...
  5. Ddr 4 New Ram

Ddr 4 New Ram: My computer get bsod when i put both new ddr ram HpyerX but when i put the older one in slot 1 and the new one in slot 2 I get no bsod my motherboard is A320 Pro Series, the bsod i get is Memory Management and Unexpected Kernel etc.My new DDR ram are HyperX 2400mhz...
  6. Ddr 4 New Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ddr 4 New Ram: My computer get bsod when i put both new ddr ram HpyerX but when i put the older one in slot 1 and the new one in slot 2 I get no bsod my motherboard is A320 Pro Series, the bsod i get is Memory Management and Unexpected Kernel etc.My new DDR ram are HyperX 2400mhz...
  7. Ddr 4 New Ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. 8gb ram can only be used for 4?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    8gb ram can only be used for 4?: Hello, I have 8 GB ram in my PC, but I can only use 4 or 3.99 GB. I tried a lot of things like msconfig which set the maximum memory to 8000 but it did not help Hab 4x2GB from Samsung 8gb ram kann aber nur 4nutzen?
  9. New laptop using 4 of 8gb ram on idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New laptop using 4 of 8gb ram on idle: I just bought a new laptop it has total 8gbs of ram but it uses at least 3,5 gb when i open it. And after some using it at least uses 4gb on idle.I tried the first video that you see when you google this problem. There are 2 methods you open regedit and turn a value that's 2...
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075