Windows 10: Is a Duplicated Display recognized as Dual Monitors?

Discus and support Is a Duplicated Display recognized as Dual Monitors? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; (Windows 10) Sorry what may be a stupid question, I've looked high and low on search engines but I can't find something related specifically to this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by blastheart, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Is a Duplicated Display recognized as Dual Monitors?

(Windows 10)

Sorry what may be a stupid question, I've looked high and low on search engines but I can't find something related specifically to this.

Basically, I am going to be using a chrome browser extension that restricts use of dual monitors for security purposes.

Obviously extended displays are going to be flat out restricted, but could I still use the duplicate monitor setup to blow up the display from my work Laptop to a Larger monitor? Would Windows still recognize the set up as a "Dual Monitor" Setup?

Thanks in advance.

:)

blastheart, Jul 30, 2020

2. How to duplicate 3 displays in Windows 10?

I'm running a setup with 1 monitor and 1 computer with an RX470 where they are connected with 3 cables: DVI Dual Link, HDMI and DP. Both Windows and the AMD software correctly detect these connections - as 3 monitors. I switch between the input type via a button on my monitor. The problem should be the same with 3 different monitors and any connection types.

Windows allows me to:

• Disable any of them.
    • Extend any of them.
    • Duplicate any 2 of them.

However, I want to duplicate all 3. I read a bit around other sites and it seems to be a limitation of Windows 10, but I didn't find a definitive source. Some suggest that you have to use additional hardware like a splitter.

How to duplicate 3 (or more) displays?

user1803551, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Is a Duplicated Display recognized as Dual Monitors?

Duplicate two displays.

Hello Barry,

To assist you better I would like to know, what is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Is a Duplicated Display recognized as Dual Monitors?

1. Is a Duplicated Display recognized as Dual Monitors? - Similar Threads - Duplicated Display recognized

2. Dual monitor Display size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor Display size: I am using two monitors and trying to set it such that windows do not change size when dragged between them. Essentially I would like the left monitor to have the same sizing as the right since the monitors are pretty close in size.I have already looked at the solutions to...
  3. Dual Monitor Display

Dual Monitor Display: I am running dual monitors and when not active, one screen goes black while the other goes into screen saving mode. Is there a way to keep the one screen from going black?...
  4. Display for Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display for Dual Monitors: For work recently I set up 2 monitors and it presently works, but its a little iffy. While not in use after a few minutes the screen goes black, which isnt odd since it always does that and we are limited on things we can use like screen savers. However while its not in use...
  5. Dual Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Display: I just recently got a PC and 2 monitors for my office. I have the PC and one monitor hooked together because there was only one HDMI plug. I ordered a dual HDMI splitter so that I could connect too both screens at the same time. However, I want the screens to be connected...
  6. dual monitor display

dual monitor display: Hi I recently added an additional monitor using a usb to display port adapter. I am not able to drag open windows to the second monitor. Any ideas would be appreciated....
  7. Dual Monitor not displaying

Dual Monitor not displaying: I hope I'm in the right area as I'm a bit frazzled right now and new to this site. Setting up a 2nd monitor on my Win10 PC - 1st Monitor is Samsung S27E310 connected to NVidia Quadro NVS 290 graphics card. 2nd is Samsung S270C230 plugged into USB via IOGEAR External VGA...
  8. Duplicate monitor display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate monitor display: 1. Since recently being upgrade to WIN 10 1803 I am unable to show both monitor screens. What are the steps to getting both monitors to show? 2. I was also at a user's screen and tried to get the mouse cursor to go forward to one monitor to the other without the cursor...
  9. Dual monitor not recognized

Dual monitor not recognized: All of a sudden I cannot connect to my extra monitor. The monitor is on and the connection is there. Nothing has changed except it isn't being recognized....
  10. Dual Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Display: Had dual monitors working. Do know what happened but know can only get 1 monitor at a time to work. Using a StarTechcom DVI-D to VGA Adapter Converter. When 2nd monitor is attached to adapter, adapter attached to pc tower, will not get any options nor will both displays show....