Windows 10: Is a feature avaulable to add "open with" option to right click context menu of a folder in...

Discus and support Is a feature avaulable to add "open with" option to right click context menu of a folder in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'd like to be able to do programmatically too. If not, how about "open with MyApp", I see visual studio is in that context menu when It's installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eltegs, Jan 14, 2022.

1. /u/eltegs Win User

Is a feature avaulable to add "open with" option to right click context menu of a folder in...

I'd like to be able to do programmatically too.

If not, how about "open with MyApp", I see visual studio is in that context menu when It's installed.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

submitted by /u/eltegs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eltegs, Jan 14, 2022

2. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, Jan 14, 2022
  3. NUS
    Nus Win User
    'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

Is this a weird joke/troll?

That feature has been in Explorer since at least Windows 7...

4. Is a feature avaulable to add "open with" option to right click context menu of a folder in...

Add option to context menu to open file type

By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click).

As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have to do: Right click > Open With > Choose Another App > More apps > (scroll to find MuseScore) > OK.

This is too many steps. How can I get the context menu to offer MuseScore as an option in it's menu - or at least as an option in "Open With"?

Thanks!

gntsketches, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Is a feature avaulable to add "open with" option to right click context menu of a folder in...

1. Is a feature avaulable to add "open with" option to right click context menu of a folder in... - Similar Threads - feature avaulable add

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Add "New Folder" option to the Send To right-click menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add "New Folder" option to the Send To right-click menu?: Could you just copy the "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option and edit it to create a non-compressed folder? submitted by /u/NuclearDuck13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kyv9kg/add_new_folder_option_to_the_send_to_rightclick/
  4. Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu: I am requesting help modifying an eight-forums tutorial registry hack. The tutorial has not been updated for Win10 but works nonetheless. The Tutorial involves adding Search to the context menu of folders, drives, desktop background, This PC, as well as cabinet and...
  5. Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu: I am requesting help modifying an eight-forums tutorial registry hack. The tutorial has not been updated for Win10 but works nonetheless. The Tutorial involves adding Search to the context menu of folders, drives, desktop background, This PC, as well as cabinet and...
  6. Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu

Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu: hi i want add Google Search Right-Click context Menu I tried to apply the explanation here Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu Win. Explorer , to no avail I want to search file name via Google [img] @dalchina - - - Updated - - - [img] [img]...
  7. Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu Win. Explorer

Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu Win. Explorer: How to Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu in windows Explorer. I didn't find anything online. Example, right click on mp3 file, click google search option to launch a web search about the mp3 song. Did Anyone know a way to do it ? 151687
  8. Add feature to right click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add feature to right click context menu: I wonder if this has been done or available with some kind of tweak. You right click a file, but missing from the options is a prompt to Browse To a Folder to move or copy that file to. It would be easier than opening a second window and dragging files. 122619
  9. Add feaure to right click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add feaure to right click context menu: I wonder if this has been done or available with some kind of tweak. You right click a file, but missing from the options is a prompt to Browse To a Folder to move or copy that file to. It would be easier than opening a second window and dragging files. 122619
  10. "Open with" Right click context menu lacks browse for program option.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open with" Right click context menu lacks browse for program option.: Trying to figure this out in Windows 10. I have a file on my system, and windows doesn't yet know what program to open it with. When I right click the file and select "open with", the dialogue is quite different. Now I no longer have the option of selecting a perfectly fine...