Windows 10: Is a Neweer 700 microphone compatible with my Surface Pro?

Discus and support Is a Neweer 700 microphone compatible with my Surface Pro? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The website says, 'incompatible with tablet computers'. Does that include Surface Pro, I presume it does but I just want to be sure. Thanks! submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Progress456, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Is a Neweer 700 microphone compatible with my Surface Pro?

The website says, 'incompatible with tablet computers'. Does that include Surface Pro, I presume it does but I just want to be sure. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Progress456
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Progress456, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Julie Ram Win User

surface 4 pro microphone

Hi William,

To help you with turning on your microphone on your Surface Pro 4, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to Desktop App.
    • Touch and hold on the volume icon until the box appears (or just right-click)
    • Touch Sounds.
    • Touch the Recording tab.
    • Touch the microphone that is disabled to select it.
    • Touch Properties.
    • Select Use this device (enabled).

Let us know if it answered your query.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    microphone is not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue could occur due to incompatible or corrupted device drivers. Let’s try to follow these methods below which can help us resolving this issue.

What is the make and model of your computer and microphone?

Method 1: Run audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting..
    • Click on view all (on the left)
    • Select Playing Audio
      troubleshooter
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    If the issue persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Check for the microphone settings.

Step 1:
    I would suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"
    • Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
    • Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".
    • Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".
    • Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3: Update the sound drivers.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the sound drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your audio/sound devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

Step 2: Check in
    compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from the manufacture's website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older
    programs compatible with this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

You can get back to us if you have any difficulties in doing the same. We are always here to help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Is a Neweer 700 microphone compatible with my Surface Pro?

Microphone Not Working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue could occur due to incompatible or corrupted device drivers. Let’s try to follow these methods below which can help us resolving this issue.

What is the make and model of your computer and microphone?

Method 1: Run audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting..
    • Click on view all (on the left)
    • Select Playing Audio
      troubleshooter
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    If the issue persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Check for the microphone settings.

Step 1:
    I would suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"
    • Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
    • Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".
    • Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".
    • Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3: Update the sound drivers.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the sound drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your audio/sound devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

Step 2: Check in
    compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from the manufacture's website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older
    programs compatible with this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

You can get back to us if you have any difficulties in doing the same. We are always here to help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Is a Neweer 700 microphone compatible with my Surface Pro?

1. Is a Neweer 700 microphone compatible with my Surface Pro? - Similar Threads - Neweer 700 microphone

2. Issue with NW-700 microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with NW-700 microphone: Hello! I am trying to fix the problem with my microphone, a NW-700. When I plug it in to my headphone jack, the laptop mutes without the volume changing for some reason. Windows is possibly thinking that the microphone are headphones being plugged in. In order to hear sounds,...
  3. Issue with NW-700 microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with NW-700 microphone: Hello! I am trying to fix the problem with my microphone, a NW-700. When I plug it in to my headphone jack, the laptop mutes without the volume changing for some reason. Windows is possibly thinking that the microphone are headphones being plugged in. In order to hear sounds,...
  4. Issue with NW-700 microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Surface X pro - compatible printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface X pro - compatible printer: Hi I have a surface X pro, and I bought a canon printer Canon MF269dw but the driver doesn't install properly, I can not connect the printer with my surface, I need to print files, and scan, definitely a Laser Printer so who can recommend a compatible printerThanks...
  6. Surface X pro - compatible printer

Surface X pro - compatible printer: Hi I have a surface X pro, and I bought a canon printer Canon MF269dw but the driver doesn't install properly, I can not connect the printer with my surface, I need to print files, and scan, definitely a Laser Printer so who can recommend a compatible printerThanks...
  7. SUrface Pro WIn 11 compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SUrface Pro WIn 11 compatibility: My SUrface Pro has been running WIn 10 for two years, since Sept 2020. Now I am told this computer is NOT compatile and does not meet Win 11 requirements. Really? jsut toss it"?...
  8. SUrface Pro WIn 11 compatibility

SUrface Pro WIn 11 compatibility: My SUrface Pro has been running WIn 10 for two years, since Sept 2020. Now I am told this computer is NOT compatile and does not meet Win 11 requirements. Really? jsut toss it"?...
  9. SUrface Pro WIn 11 compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Surface Pro 6 DAW compatability

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 6 DAW compatability: Hi all im considering getting a Surface Pro 6 for music production and video editing and was wondering if DAWs like Reaper and FL Studio work like they would on a regular computer? I am coming from Apple so im not sure how Microsoft do their computers and tablets cheers...