Windows 10: Is a PIN or password mandatory in Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Is a PIN or password mandatory in Windows 10 Pro? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is a PIN or password mandatory in Windows 10 Pro?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnLockerbie, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Is a PIN or password mandatory in Windows 10 Pro?

Is a PIN or password mandatory in Windows 10 Pro?

:)

JohnLockerbie, Mar 8, 2020

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Is a PIN or password mandatory in Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - PIN password mandatory

2. want to roll back to windows 10, is password mandatory ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to roll back to windows 10, is password mandatory ?: I have upgraded to windows 11 a 5 days ago I want to roll back, I usually sign in my laptop with PIN and I forgot my password. So, after roll back can I sign-in with PIN or password is mandatory ?...
  3. want to roll back to windows 10, is password mandatory ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    want to roll back to windows 10, is password mandatory ?: I have upgraded to windows 11 a 5 days ago I want to roll back, I usually sign in my laptop with PIN and I forgot my password. So, after roll back can I sign-in with PIN or password is mandatory ?...
  4. Is setting up a PIN for Windows 11 mandatory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is setting up a PIN for Windows 11 mandatory?: Is setting up a PIN for Windows 11 mandatory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-setting-up-a-pin-for-windows-11-mandatory/d852798b-d7b7-4ab5-a068-ff0435bfdfdb
  5. Mandatory Access Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mandatory Access Pin: I'm all about tech security, however, mandating a "pin" which is actually a password is unwarranted and unwanted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mandatory-access-pin/c6500934-66d3-43ef-821d-d79e09486687
  6. Mandatory Access Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mandatory Access Pin: I'm all about tech security, however, mandating a "pin" which is actually a password is unwarranted and unwanted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mandatory-access-pin/c6500934-66d3-43ef-821d-d79e09486687
  7. How to remove Mandatory Pin on Windows 10 20H2 Update.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove Mandatory Pin on Windows 10 20H2 Update.: I have been faced with the most aggravating thing to date and is this inconvenient login screen that doesn't even respond to key inputs. I have to CLICK it just to be greeted with an annoying mandatory pin prompt. Like guys I get it pins are cool. I DON'T want to use it....
  8. Windows 10 Pro change from PIN to Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro change from PIN to Password: I just got a new computer with Windows 10 Professional. In setting it up I created a PIN. I don't recall setting a password. I'm pretty sure I didn't. I now want to use a software application that requires a password, not a PIN. Using my PIN to access the account, I go...
  9. On screen keyboard on mandatory Pin creation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    On screen keyboard on mandatory Pin creation: When I try to login into my account now it requests my password which I input using the on screen keyboard, It then has a full page pop up telling me I need to create a Windows Hello Pin. The onscreen keyboard has been closed and there is no ease of access button like main...
  10. Windows 10 pro PIN working but password is not

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 pro PIN working but password is not: To start, I purchased the game Forza Horizon 3, which required me to link my email with my windows 10 account, which I did. After this I added a pin password to my account. Shortly after, I removed the email link and made the windows back to a local account. After attempting...