Windows 10: Is a popup seemingly from Microsoft legitimate?

Discus and support Is a popup seemingly from Microsoft legitimate? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The following popped up on my screen and I could not take any action except respond. I rebooted instead. Is this a legitimate message from Microsoft?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PatrickOConnor4, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Is a popup seemingly from Microsoft legitimate?

The following popped up on my screen and I could not take any action except respond. I rebooted instead. Is this a legitimate message from Microsoft? If it is, how is a user expected to know that?

Is a popup seemingly from Microsoft legitimate? c54f97f2-dae1-4e92-956a-30de60588646?upload=true.png

:)

PatrickOConnor4, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Nov 21, 2019
  4. DCnewbie Win User

Is a popup seemingly from Microsoft legitimate?

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Is a popup seemingly from Microsoft legitimate?

1. Is a popup seemingly from Microsoft legitimate? - Similar Threads - popup seemingly Microsoft

2. Legitimate Microsoft phone number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legitimate Microsoft phone number?: I got a popup that my computer was disabled. I did not call the number but looked for a Microsoft Help number and found 844-622-2589. Is that a legit Microsoft number? I ended up with Esource Software Solutions LLC. I gave them access and they used CCleaner Pro and Webroot to...
  3. Legitimate Microsoft phone number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Legitimate Microsoft phone number?: I got a popup that my computer was disabled. I did not call the number but looked for a Microsoft Help number and found 844-622-2589. Is that a legit Microsoft number? I ended up with Esource Software Solutions LLC. I gave them access and they used CCleaner Pro and Webroot to...
  4. Is this a legitimate patch from Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a legitimate patch from Microsoft?: Our Sonicwall is deeming: am_delta_patch_1.343.1035.0_8d4747caeb29b700fe8387ce0f578980b7d59d9f.exe, a Microsoft patch, a malicious file.Is it it a legitimate patch and what is it for?...
  5. Is this communication, supposedly from Microsoft, legitimate?

Is this communication, supposedly from Microsoft, legitimate?: A pop-up on my Win10 computer spoke of serious problems if I did not immediately call "Microsoft" at 388-217-6320. Sure enough, I was unable to use my computer outside safe mode. The rep at that phone number ["Morris," direct line 866-22-3137] said that I needed network...
  6. Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?

Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?: I made a forum post regarding my Outlook account security a few days ago and had a case opened by Microsoft. I received the case ID in my messages, and was waiting for a phone call, but missed it once on Thursday morning. I messaged a member for support to see when I could...
  7. Is a "Microsoft account problem" popup legitimate?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is a "Microsoft account problem" popup legitimate?: [https://imgur.com/69CvG1P] A week ago, this popup appeared on the notification panel (righthand side) on my laptop. I clicked it and it took me to "Accounts" in the Settings with the messge "Some of your accounts require attention," and below that a "FIX NOW" button....
  8. Is this legitimately from Microsoft or is it Malware?

Is this legitimately from Microsoft or is it Malware?: Yesterday I started getting this popup below, again and again. Is this actually from Microsoft or is it malware? I am suspicious because it has no option to exit without taking action. I have now found a way in Settings to pause updates for seven days. If I keep...
  9. Popup message from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Popup message from Microsoft: I have been receiving this popup message: "Microsoft account problem We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely your password changed. Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings." Is this a legitimate message or is it a scam?...
  10. Legitimate Microsoft request??

Legitimate Microsoft request??: I keep getting a warning that my computer will freeze if I don't call this phone number for assistance … 1-816-280-2833. Is this for real? If not real how do I stop this from popping up on my computer?...