Windows 10: Is a recovery partition needed if you have a rescue disk

Discus and support Is a recovery partition needed if you have a rescue disk in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; What is the function of a recovery partition? Under what circumstance is it needed/used? If you have a made a rescue disk to boot your computer is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by provlima, Jul 21, 2019.

1. provlima Win User

Is a recovery partition needed if you have a rescue disk

What is the function of a recovery partition?
    Under what circumstance is it needed/used?

If you have a made a rescue disk to boot your computer is it needed?

Thanks for your help

:)

provlima, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jul 21, 2019
  3. trickson Win User
    Will deleting the factory partition render the recovery disk useless?

More than likely it is of no use NOW . The recovery disk is nothing more than drivers and some BS . You will not get the OS and recovering from a recovery disk only works if the drive partition is fine and has been untouched by any one .
    The best thing to do is delete all the partitions and just install windows on the HDD make your own recovery disk and your done not to mention you get all that drive space back .

trickson, Jul 21, 2019
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Is a recovery partition needed if you have a rescue disk :)

RyoTakagi, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Is a recovery partition needed if you have a rescue disk - Similar Threads - recovery partition needed

2. Recovery Disk partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Disk partitions: HiI have, in order, Partition 1 400 Mb - recovery partitionPartition 2 100 Mb - efi parttionWindows C: 182.35 Gb - Basic data partitionPartition 5 1.01 Gb - recovery partitionData D: 292.97 GbI have established that Partition 5 is the active recovery partition.Currently even...
  3. Recovery Disk partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Disk partitions: HiI have, in order, Partition 1 400 Mb - recovery partitionPartition 2 100 Mb - efi parttionWindows C: 182.35 Gb - Basic data partitionPartition 5 1.01 Gb - recovery partitionData D: 292.97 GbI have established that Partition 5 is the active recovery partition.Currently even...
  4. Recovery Partition in the same Disk with the Primary Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery Partition in the same Disk with the Primary Partition: Hi... I noticed that my Recovery Partition is in the same Disk with my Primary Partition. is it gonna cause me a problem if i try to reset my laptop? I think it was supposed to be in a different Disk Partition. . [ATTACH]...
  5. Unformatted disk-Partition recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    Unformatted disk-Partition recovery: So I screwed up. One of my drives that has all my music in it is showing as unformatted and I cannot access it now. There’s a lot of software out there but does anyone know of a program that will recover the partition back to the way it was? I have 300 GB of music in...
  6. Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too: Two days ago my laptop would not boot up and I got an 0xC000 0098 error code. Using bootrec /buildBCD did not work, and bootrec reported that it found 0 windows partitions on the laptop, even though I multiboot that system between a "production" install and a "scratch-test"...
  7. Rescue Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Rescue Disk: Hello, Does this place have any windows 10 rescue disk or on a usb stick? I want to have a windows 10 plus rescue disk hopefully something free Thanks, P999
  8. Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk: Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable PE Rescue Disk Created a Custom Windows 10 Recovery Tools and Bootable Rescue Disk in ISO format Based on the Win10PESE project found on TheOven.org - Thanks to those that contributed.. It allows you access to any non-working system...
  9. Recovery partition needs optimization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recovery partition needs optimization: When I upgraded to the Creators Update, I have noticed that the Recovery partition of my hard drive reads 13% fragmented. I have tried defragmenting it, but nothing happens. Having mild OCD, how do I remedy this? 81972
  10. Recovery Drive vs Recovery Partition vs PE Rescue Disk, confused.

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Drive vs Recovery Partition vs PE Rescue Disk, confused.: After I did a clean install of Win10 about a year ago, I created a USB Recovery Drive. I also have a Norton Security Recovery Drive and I’ve created USB Bootable PE Rescue Disk by Kyhi. I also use Acronis to create regular full disk images and I have a USB Bootable Acronis...