Windows 10: Is add-on antivirus software necessary anymore?

Discus and support Is add-on antivirus software necessary anymore? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; do i still need avg antivirus or any other antivirus in addition to windows defender? AVG is boggin' me down something fierce, plus I no longer see... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by toonsez, Jul 27, 2019.

1. toonsez Win User

Is add-on antivirus software necessary anymore?

do i still need avg antivirus or any other antivirus in addition to windows defender? AVG is boggin' me down something fierce, plus I no longer see easy to adjust methods to reduce how much brain power it sucks from my computer. Just renewed with avg too but willing to cut it loose if this windows10 defender does the job.

:)

toonsez, Jul 27, 2019

2. Is antivirus necessary for Windows 10?

Windows 10 ships with the in-built Anti-Virus product Windows Defender.

I suggest to take the time to read the following articles:

Jsssssssss, Jul 27, 2019
  3. IBNMUHSIN Win User
    Browsing the net with antivirus?

RECENTLY I PURCHASED A NOKIA E72-1. IS IT NECESSARY TO INSTALL ANY ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE? IF SO SUGGEST ME A BEST ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE, PLEASE.

IBNMUHSIN, Jul 27, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Is add-on antivirus software necessary anymore? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Is add-on antivirus software necessary anymore? - Similar Threads - add antivirus software

2. Antivirus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus software: Do I need to install McAfee antivirus software on my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antivirus-software/3667e4d1-d994-4275-83fb-11cefce745b7
  3. antivirus software

antivirus software: Having used Norton, then McAfee and most recently Bitdefender in WIndows 10, I am back to Windows Defender. The vendors are apparently in a battle to add features, including VPN and backup, taking on wifi monitoring, and generally making it more difficult for me to work. I am...
  4. antivirus software

antivirus software: I have deleted by antivirus software ,so can i get my antivirus software which i deleted . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antivirus-software/5b7ef14e-0f9a-40e5-962a-42d86f1f5186
  5. Is it necessary or virus software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it necessary or virus software?: My windows (version 1909) keep crashing when I launch gameloop.exe software. Is it causing trouble? pls help. submitted by /u/Joules01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f36jua/is_it_necessary_or_virus_software/
  6. Antivirus software

Antivirus software: Does Windows 10 need antivirus software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-software/e19871f3-f6a6-46f2-8952-e907b32d914c"
  7. Antivirus software

Antivirus software: Do I need to buy antivirus software to protect my laptop computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-software/3b20fd6e-b571-4331-8735-ee96256c299a"
  8. Is it necessary to install an antivirus in Windows 10?

Is it necessary to install an antivirus in Windows 10?: I am pretty new in Windows 10 and I am suprised that Virus & Theat protection has a green tick. Upon now it was necessary to install an antivirus. Does Windows 10 comes with propiertary antivirus? How reliable is it? 137435
  9. Is it necessary to install an antivirus in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it necessary to install an antivirus in Windows 10?: I am pretty new in Windows 10 and I am suprised that Virus & Theat protection has a green tick. Upon now it was necessary to install an antivirus. Does Windows 10 comes with propiertary antivirus? How reliable is it? 137435
  10. Is it necessary to remove existing Antivirus?

Is it necessary to remove existing Antivirus?: I bought Avast antivirus for my windows 7 from here. should we uninstall the existing antivirus before installing the new one? 82267

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Is AVG anti-virus software necessary?