Windows 10: Is AMMYY.COM a scam?

Discus and support Is AMMYY.COM a scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got an unknown call and informed that they are from Microsoft windows department. An Indian woman contacted me confidently and informed that I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AJAY, Jan 20, 2021.

1. AJAY Win User

Is AMMYY.COM a scam?

I got an unknown call and informed that they are from Microsoft windows department. An Indian woman contacted me confidently and informed that I downloaded a document which have virus in my computer. She will guide me to fix it. She asked me to open your system, in the command box enter event viewer, then the command box open www.ammyy.com and run the program. It shows the program have virus and she said just press run and download the program. Then accept the license agreement. I asked to give your contact number then she gave the call to her senior technical person and he asked me to do the same. He insisted again and again to boot the system, I haven't did that. I asked the contact number and they haven't gave the number immediately but finally told that his name is James and the number 1800 108 6677. They are keep on asking what type of device we are using, is it a laptop or desktop and all. In the website it shows its a scam.

[Original Title: AMMYY.COM]

:)

2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Smeed Win User

Is AMMYY.COM a scam?

Smeed, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Is AMMYY.COM a scam?

1. Is AMMYY.COM a scam? - Similar Threads - AMMYY COM scam

2. is this website scam or legit? www.btc8055.com

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is this website scam or legit? www.btc8055.com: Someone sent me a private information on this website. It involves crypto ownership but looks fishy, especially because we don't know each other and there's money involved....
  3. is this website scam or legit? www.btc8055.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this website scam or legit? www.btc8055.com: Someone sent me a private information on this website. It involves crypto ownership but looks fishy, especially because we don't know each other and there's money involved....
  4. is this website scam or legit? www.btc8055.com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is Pcfix247.com scam or not

Is Pcfix247.com scam or not: Is Pcfix247.com or pyd*phonehelp.com a scam or part of Microsoft tech support as they claim to be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-pcfix247com-scam-or-not/e33e85bd-63d8-4705-ada7-70b200157ea0"
  6. Is this a scam ?

Is this a scam ?: Hi *** Email address is removed for privacy *** have emailed saying Windows Defender on my Win 10 has been upgraded along with a bill for $899 good for 5years. I telephoned the number that came with the bill and told them I had not authorised a upgrade, that I did not want...
  7. pcfix247.com Scam???

pcfix247.com Scam???: I think I was scammed and I bought it! Today I received a pop-up telling me not to shut down my computer and call Microsoft, 1-888-855-9929 immediately for support. I called the number and the tech said I had not updated my windows 10 and had never "cleaned" up my computer,...
  8. Scam

Scam: I was scammed with the company saying they were from Microsoft. How do I block them from getting into my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam/ce9e8ead-5eb2-4372-a9bb-cf8ff10fb729"
  9. scam?

scam?: My Daughter received a call from E Wizard support claiming that someone was trying to hack her computer. She purchased this computer over two years ago which had webroot as it's Anti virus protection program. I recently deleted webroot and installed avg anti virus (free...
  10. Is this a scam?? -

in Browsers and Email
    Is this a scam?? -: [img] Not replied to this of course, since I am not "member@hotmail.com". Does anyone else have this? I don't use Outlook as such - just webmail in my browser. Seems like a phishing scam trying to get me to expose my email address? 82272