Windows 10: Is Anydesk part of Microsoft, educate us please

Discus and support Is Anydesk part of Microsoft, educate us please in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got a call today from a lady saying she's calling from Microsoft and that there are ha lets on my laptop and that their Microsoft technician is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Femmeforte, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Is Anydesk part of Microsoft, educate us please

I got a call today from a lady saying she's calling from Microsoft and that there are ha lets on my laptop and that their Microsoft technician is trying to help me.

She has my laptops key number so it's not a scam. I doubt it and whoever it was was working alongside other people. So please beware of all these thieves.

They call with numbers to make you believe they actually work there and sound very informative but don't let them deceive you. I closed my laptop and she called me again and said since she has my key she's going to block me and I can never use my laptop again.

I told her to go ahead but she's the scammer and did t sound professional when she was not having her way.

Share for other users to be aware. Always type their number into Google if it leads no where just cut the line. The number are the nunbers they called with i traced it and led me nowhere 01223241659, 01223241202 and there are more.

:)

Femmeforte, Nov 1, 2018

2. Microsoft in Education

Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Microsoft in Education course . I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to contact the Microsoft education support for further assistance on the issue.

https://www.microsoft.com/education/en-au/contact/Pages/default.aspx

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

Kari, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Is Anydesk part of Microsoft, educate us please

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Is Anydesk part of Microsoft, educate us please

1. Is Anydesk part of Microsoft, educate us please - Similar Threads - Anydesk part Microsoft

2. Uninstall AnyDesk App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstall AnyDesk App: Although I am careful when online, I was victim of a very sophisticated SCAM involving my sign-in on a financial website. An Alert popped up on the financial website claiming my account may have been compromised, and directing me to call the company on an 855 area code #....
  3. "Contact us at Microsoft"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Contact us at Microsoft": Hello, I tried buying something off of ROBLOX using iDeal on Windows 11, but I keep getting the same error message. "Contact us at Microsoft" "We're having trouble proccessing your payment, and we'd like to get things sorted out." I've tried for 2 days. I've tried disabling...
  4. "Contact us at Microsoft"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Contact us at Microsoft": Hello, I tried buying something off of ROBLOX using iDeal on Windows 11, but I keep getting the same error message. "Contact us at Microsoft" "We're having trouble proccessing your payment, and we'd like to get things sorted out." I've tried for 2 days. I've tried disabling...
  5. Microsoft Education

Microsoft Education: Hi everyone,I am a student and want to install windows on my MacBook worked with the M1 chip. Fortunately, I got a licence key from my university, but when I download a parallel desktop and enter that activation key, it can't run without any reason! Could anyone help me with...
  6. Microsoft Education

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Education: Hi everyone,I am a student and want to install windows on my MacBook worked with the M1 chip. Fortunately, I got a licence key from my university, but when I download a parallel desktop and enter that activation key, it can't run without any reason! Could anyone help me with...
  7. Microsoft 10 Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft 10 Education: My supplier has supplied a laptop with Windows 10 education instead of windows 10 pro. Is it legitimate for use in a manufacturing environment? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-10-education/b9d14617-a42f-4b01-a9e5-d065a0f49b06
  8. AnyDesk Startup

AnyDesk Startup: Hi, I wanted to start Anydesk when Windows starts and I put the link in the Startup folder but I would like it to be automatically minimized in the taskbar, is it possible? with this method it doesn't work How to automatically start a program minimized in Windows - CNET...
  9. Please Microsoft, give us better known issues information

in Windows 10 News
    Please Microsoft, give us better known issues information: If you have installed the October 2018 Update for Windows 10 already on your own machine or PCs that you administrate, you may have encountered a number of bugs in that particular version. Microsoft had to pull the update shortly after release in early October 2018; it took...
  10. Office 365 Education free to students and teachers in US

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 Education free to students and teachers in US: Making it easier for teachers and students to work together Microsoft Office has long been a staple in the teacher toolkit for communicating and collaborating with their classes. Today we’re thrilled to announce that we’ve made it easier for teachers to get Office on all...