Windows 10: Is anyone else having problems with the latest WU KB4023057? Windows 10

Discus and support Is anyone else having problems with the latest WU KB4023057? Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I powered up just now, there was a notification of a Windows Quality Update. I clicked on it and it installed in a second or two. I then checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Taffy087, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Is anyone else having problems with the latest WU KB4023057? Windows 10

When I powered up just now, there was a notification of a Windows Quality Update. I clicked on it and it installed in a second or two. I then checked the 'Diary Of Windows Updates' that I keep as a Word document and saw that it had also been installed yesterday. But when I checked them, I realised that the one installed today was in fact different. The OS Build number had changed from 19044.1420 to 19044.1620!It then gets worse. Before I posted this I checked again for Windows Updates and for a split second this appeared. I had to move quckly to capture it.This is the one that I've already

:)

Taffy087, Apr 1, 2022
  2. jamis Win User

Keep the KB4023057 zombie off your system to avoid unwanted WU

As quoted from the latest KB4023057 description, "This update includes reliability improvements to Windows Update Service components in Windows 10, versions 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, and 1803. It may also take steps to free up disk space on your device if you do not have enough disk space to install Windows updates."

jamis, Apr 1, 2022
  3. KB4023057 Error 0x80070643

I have Windows 10 (1803) and got this error above when trying to install the update "KB4023057".

None of the "Solutions" or "Suggestions" (uninstalling, stopping services, ISO-image, repair-tool, a.s.o.) helped.

So I tried to download and install it by myself. .. And successfully installed the update.

I took these Steps (maybe, you only need steps 4-6):

1: Download of Patch under the official microsoft update download page "Microsoft Update Catalog"

2: Unpack the downloaded package in a temporary folder.

3: Try to run the unpacked installer "windows10.0-kb4023057-x64.msi" as admin via CMD

-> Error "Cannot write to file "C:\Program Files\rempl\ <blablabla>"

4: Renamed the folder mentioned above to "C:\Program Files\rempl-OLD"

5: Run the setup again.

-> Success

6: Searched for new Updates with the regular Windows-update-function.

-> Success ... Update is no longer shown.

Maybe it is enough for you to only run steps 4-6.

HansMeister1, Apr 1, 2022
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Is anyone else having problems with the latest WU KB4023057? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - anyone else having

2. Does anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone else have this problem?: [ATTACH] I’ve had this for a while and I don’t know how to fix it. submitted by /u/Affectionate_Fan4777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1anxpg1/does_anyone_else_have_this_problem/
  3. Is anyone else having problems with the latest WU KB4023057? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is anyone else having problems with the latest WU KB4023057? Windows 10: When I powered up just now, there was a notification of a Windows Quality Update. I clicked on it and it installed in a second or two. I then checked the 'Diary Of Windows Updates' that I keep as a Word document and saw that it had also been installed yesterday. But when I...
  4. Is anyone else having problems with the latest WU KB4023057? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is anyone else having problems with the latest WU KB4023057? Windows 10: When I powered up just now, there was a notification of a Windows Quality Update. I clicked on it and it installed in a second or two. I then checked the 'Diary Of Windows Updates' that I keep as a Word document and saw that it had also been installed yesterday. But when I...
  5. Anyone else have this problem with their screen after the latest windows update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else have this problem with their screen after the latest windows update?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/superace85 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htq9un/anyone_else_have_this_problem_with_their_screen/
  6. Window 10 Upgrade Problem, anyone else have the same ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Upgrade Problem, anyone else have the same ?: PC has C:low on space, storage card D:123GB Free, USB Stick F:117GB free. Windows Update is failing to see either D or F and this keeps saying low storage. Upgrade is always a issue on these machine for this reason. HP x2 210...
  7. Anyone else having problems with Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone else having problems with Anniversary Update?: After waiting for it to show up, I went to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...setting_client and asked for the upgrade. After a few hours of downloading + installing I turned on my desktop and it froze (a message said: The Application is not responding, the program may...
  8. two problems, anyone else have them?

in Windows 10 Support
    two problems, anyone else have them?: two problems, anyone else have them? (build 16170 re_prerelease.170321-1532) I feel like both of these issues kicked-in a day or two ago when I got the latest update WinUpdate offered me. is anyone else experiencing them? when right-clicking a video file, selecting...
  9. Anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have this problem?: i have windows 10 installed and generally like it. and the only thing holding me back from using edge, is there is no extensions for it. But the problem i have is that it runs fine, but suddenly it will no longer recognize the hard drive, and even startup diagnostics cant fix...
  10. Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?: [img] I only have problems on "Facebook" when i try to upload an image from the Desktop. Everything else works. 22066