Windows 10: Is anyone else here having issues with file explorer recently?

Discus and support Is anyone else here having issues with file explorer recently? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not sure if it's the latest cumulative update, but I can hardly use file explorer now because it's freezing constantly. It takes forever to respond... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hologei, May 22, 2020.

1. Is anyone else here having issues with file explorer recently?

I'm not sure if it's the latest cumulative update, but I can hardly use file explorer now because it's freezing constantly. It takes forever to respond to clicks, and context menus don't appear for several seconds. The start menu doesn't respond to the windows key, and things won't click when I use windows search. It'll act up like this for several minutes at a time, and restarting explorer.exe doesn't stop it from happening.

submitted by /u/hologei
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hologei, May 22, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, May 22, 2020
  3. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 22, 2020
  4. corrywd Win User

Is anyone else here having issues with file explorer recently?

Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Is anyone else here having issues with file explorer recently?

1. Is anyone else here having issues with file explorer recently? - Similar Threads - anyone else here

2. Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?: Constant crashes of file explorer with this build. Seems to occur with like every other build. Microsoft will finally fix it with one build and then break it AGAIN with the next build. File explorer especially crashes with my Samsung S23 Ultra when connected by USB-C to...
  3. Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?: Constant crashes of file explorer with this build. Seems to occur with like every other build. Microsoft will finally fix it with one build and then break it AGAIN with the next build. File explorer especially crashes with my Samsung S23 Ultra when connected by USB-C to...
  4. Does anyone else have this issue?

Does anyone else have this issue?: I tried to open settings, but it just shows a blue screen with a gear then closes. I can't enter or get on settings at all whatsoever, even when running as administrator....
  5. anyone else have this issue?

anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  6. anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  7. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone else have this issue?: Since my windows update in Feb 2023 on my laptop, I only get 100% volume through the speakers it doesn't matter what volume level or mute. Can someone please assist? Thanks...
  8. Does anyone else have this issue?

Does anyone else have this issue?: Since my windows update in Feb 2023 on my laptop, I only get 100% volume through the speakers it doesn't matter what volume level or mute. Can someone please assist? Thanks...
  9. Anyone else have this issue with chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else have this issue with chrome?: submitted by /u/KingJeremyVII [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrfe8x/anyone_else_have_this_issue_with_chrome/
  10. Anyone else having this issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having this issue?: Ever since the first 2018 update windows won't update or install any apps from the store I keep getting this code "error 0x80070005" I had to 'manually'' update windows by reinstalling it, please let me know if anyone has a solution submitted by /u/crippling_cancer [link]...