Windows 10: Is anyone else's microphones not working?

Discus and support Is anyone else's microphones not working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to get my headsets microphone to pick up audio but it doesn't work. The headset works fine but the microphone doesn't pick anything up. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CodyOverton, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Is anyone else's microphones not working?

I am trying to get my headsets microphone to pick up audio but it doesn't work. The headset works fine but the microphone doesn't pick anything up. I have tried everything. Privacy settings for the mic, updating drivers for the mic, trying to use earbuds as a mic, i even tried to plug it into another computer running windows 10. I can't figure out why it refuses to work. I think it might be the latest windows update but I can't tell.

:)

CodyOverton, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 21, 2018
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Is anyone else's microphones not working?

Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Is anyone else's microphones not working?

1. Is anyone else's microphones not working? - Similar Threads - anyone else's microphones

2. Internal Microphone not working in Zoom...working everywhere else.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Microphone not working in Zoom...working everywhere else.: I've googled the heck out of this subject and have tried different things that seemed to have worked for others but I can't get the internal microphone to work in Zoom. It had been working since I bought this HP Envy Laptop but today it stopped. Please help!...
  3. is the microsoft store not working for anyone else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is the microsoft store not working for anyone else?: it just gets stuck on 'acquiring license' whenever i try to install an app submitted by /u/Carl-The-Commie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxdc25/is_the_microsoft_store_not_working_for_anyone_else/
  4. Is the Xbox game bar not working for anyone else?

Is the Xbox game bar not working for anyone else?: Whenever I press win+g or open a game a popup says that the app can’t open, and directs me to the windows store. It was working fine until yesterday. Is there a way to fix it, or is it just down? submitted by /u/xx_lemon-boi_xx [link] [comments]...
  5. Does Bluetooth Audio not work for anyone else?

Does Bluetooth Audio not work for anyone else?: This is how Audeze recommends to set it up... But If I set it up this way, I get no Audio and No microphone input. I only get Audio actually if I disable the 'hands-free' microphone under both Playback and Recording. So there's some weird conflict. submitted by /u/SupaZT...
  6. Is this happening to anyone else?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is this happening to anyone else?: Here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Agsf-t-6PRlplx57lMwb_2E4qJG- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-happening-to-anyone-else/efa3e6ac-10d4-4a04-ba7d-62fece1b3add
  7. Can anyone else get this link to work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can anyone else get this link to work?: I've been saving this link in a tab for weeks until I might need it. Then today I noticed it hadn't reloaded. I did that, and I keep getting an Error message. I then just tried to get at it again by typing "Surface recovery image" in the search box of support, and clicked on...
  8. Skype App working for anyone else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype App working for anyone else?: My Skype App has not worked at all since install. It asks if it can use my cam and mic, then says it is having a problem and I should Try Again. I've reported it twice. Any known solution? 2903
  9. Anyone else stuck at "Working on it"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anyone else stuck at "Working on it"?: I'm upgrading one of my windows 7 machines today. I gave it a fresh install of Windows 7.1 a week or so back in preps, and the only thing I added to that installation was to insure that all updates were installed after it. Meaning, I ran windows update and installed them...
  10. Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?: [img] I only have problems on "Facebook" when i try to upload an image from the Desktop. Everything else works. 22066