Windows 10: Is anyone else's taskbar item menu slow?

Discus and support Is anyone else's taskbar item menu slow? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure of the name of this, but when you right click on a program's 'listing' in the taskbar ('Chrome', or a 'This PC' of Explorer) you get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dancedar, Aug 23, 2015.

1. dancedar Win User

Is anyone else's taskbar item menu slow?

I'm not sure of the name of this, but when you right click on a program's 'listing' in the taskbar ('Chrome', or a 'This PC' of Explorer) you get a menu (Close window, pin to tastbar etc) - on W7 this was near instant. On W10 on the same machine it takes maybe a second to appear. IS this just me?

:)

dancedar, Aug 23, 2015

2. Jump lists on Task Bar not fully functional

In Windows 10 it appears they have removed the ability to change the number of items that appear in the jump lists for programs pinned to the taskbar, as well as removed the ability to reorder the items that are pinned. Has anyone else noticed this? Is
    there a fix for it?

TStephenson, Aug 23, 2015
  3. BJ525 Win User
    I have the "Show Recently Opened Items In Jump Lists on Start Menu or the Taskbar" turned On in the Start settings, they do not appear.

* Original title: Windows 10 Start Menu

Even though I have the "Show Recently Opened Items In Jump Lists on Start Menu or the Taskbar" turned On in the Start settings, they do not appear. Is there something else associated with this option that I need to activate?

BJ525, Aug 23, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

It can take a bit for 10 to do its thing. It is a lot more resource hungry than 8 was, because of how many background processes run.

bro67, Aug 23, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    My "right click taskbar program context menus" (I think that may be the correct term) popup in an instant. In fact, I have not observed any noticeable slowdown on any of the devices I have upgraded.

Maybe you have something hogging resources?

WhyMe, Aug 23, 2015
  6. dancedar Win User
    Nothing hogging resources, clean install with nothing running in background besides Explorer. Maybe it's more like 1/3 a second, it's not bad just not instant like on W7. I don't have an ssd but this shouldn't be an issue. I thought it could be a graphics driver issue but Windows says I'm using the latest one (2013 ATI HD4200 driver)

dancedar, Aug 23, 2015
  7. anteevy Win User
    I'm having the same problem, although only on my secondary screen. There it takes nearly a second to open, while on my primary screen its more like 0.2s.

anteevy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is anyone else's taskbar item menu slow? - Similar Threads - anyone else's taskbar

2. The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes): I have some menus on the taskbar. Click the double >> arrow and you get a menu, like in this picture. Sometimes the menu pops up immediately. But other times it takes five or ten seconds. Why so slow? FYI: Windows 10/1809, i7-7700K, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM 184113
  3. The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes)

in Windows 10 Support
    The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes): I have some menus on the taskbar. Click the double >> arrow and you get a menu, like in this picture. Sometimes the menu pops up immediately. But other times it takes five or ten seconds. Why so slow? FYI: Windows 10/1809, i7-7700K, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM 183882
  4. Taskbar, multimedia/volume controls and start menu really slow but everything else is fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar, multimedia/volume controls and start menu really slow but everything else is fine: Hello. I got a brand new MSI laptop about 2 or 3 months back and I installed translucent TB to make the taskbar invisible. I decided to fully unnistall it a bit later, however sometimes my taskbar gets really slow after an hour or so of being on the computer. Changing the...
  5. Where ELSE are Start Menu items stored?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where ELSE are Start Menu items stored?: I know about %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu and %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu, but where else are Start menu items stored? For example, I want to aggregate all of the Office stuff into a single folder, but none if it is present in either of these two...
  6. Unknown Items in Taskbar Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown Items in Taskbar Menu: I've noticed that when opening the ^menu on the right side of the taskbar, there will sometimes be anywhere between 1 & about 7 of these blue dots taking up the menu. When I put the cursor over them, they immediately vanish. What are they? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  7. Anyone else unable to access Microsoft Store items?

Anyone else unable to access Microsoft Store items?: The store loads fine but I cannot access any individual items to install. Wondering if it is just me or anyone else is having this problem currently, can't access them through the website either! (Here's Spotify for example:...
  8. Is it me or as anyone else having slow boot times?

Is it me or as anyone else having slow boot times?: I’ve fully updated windows 10, and I have noticed my computer has significantly slower boot times. Is anyone else experiencing this sort of issue? Edit: does anyone know why? submitted by /u/IAmNotABotFromRussia [link] [comments]...
  9. Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items: Hello. I'd like to state that I'm aware that 7++ Taskbar Tweaker has that classic menu option when right clicking on a Taskbar tab (refer to picture), yet I'm sure there's a Registry tweak for that. Does anyone know where in the Registry that is located? [img] 121583
  10. taskbar and menu items not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    taskbar and menu items not working: After an apparently smooth upgrade to Win 10 I realised the buttons on the taskbar don't lauch the programs anymore. Nor do the items on the start menu. The only few that work are the ones added by Win 10 such as Microsoft Edge, and inexplicably Skype and Viber. I have...