Windows 10: Is anyone familiar with passing messages via csrss/DTC?

Discus and support Is anyone familiar with passing messages via csrss/DTC? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yep, not even sure if thats the proper terminology. First time exposed to it. I have 3 pc's ive begun setting up with an application which affords... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by klepp0906, Mar 25, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Is anyone familiar with passing messages via csrss/DTC?

Yep, not even sure if thats the proper terminology. First time exposed to it.

I have 3 pc's ive begun setting up with an application which affords this as one of its features. Ive allowed Distributed Tracking Coordinator through the firewall on my private network for all 3 pc's, however only 1 can actually send messages to the other 2.

On the 2 problem-pc's I can see the csrss.exe window flicker in the taskbar and quickly disappear, but nothing is ever sent.

No idea where to begin figuring this out. Hoping a bored systems administrator can see the potential issue ez-pz and point me in the right direction ;p

:)

klepp0906, Mar 25, 2020

2. CSRSS @ c/i386

alt tab delete... process list comes up.... found says CSRSS.EXE press end process.... popup says:

"this is a critial system process. task manager cannot end this process"

HiddenStupid, Mar 25, 2020
  3. CSRSS @ c/i386

CSRSS.EXE - Confusion

Csrss.exe is the Microsoft client server runtime which generates worker threads for client requests. The confusion over csrss.exe comes from Trojans or viruses that use the same executable name (.exe) as that of csrss.

Many spyware/malware programs use filenames of usual, non-malware programs.

The legitimate csrss.exe is part of the Microsoft client server software and is a very important part of the system which should not be removed.

One way to determine if csrss.exe is a legitimate file besides looking at the date modified is to right click on csrss.exe inside Task Manager and attempt to end process. Because csrss is a critical file, Microsoft should inform you with a message that csrss.exe is a critical system process and end it is not possible.

If you do not receive this message when attempting to end the csrss.exe process, then it may indeed be a virus.

smartali89, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Is anyone familiar with passing messages via csrss/DTC?

CSRSS @ c/i386

(dell)

CSRSS @ c/i386

How to get rid of CSRSS virus?

click start..search for csrss and comes out with 5 results:
    - CSRSS from C/i386
    - CSRSS from c/windows/system32
    - csrss and numbers end with hdmp from c/windows/PCHEALTH/ErrorRep/userdumps
    - csrss and numbers end with mdmp from c/windows/PCHEALTH/ErrorRep/userdumps
    - csrss and numbers end with mdmp from c/windows/PCHEALTH/ErrorRep/userdumps

went to C/ and found a folder called i386 and size of 988mb... open up... full of files... notepads, exe's, picture icon ect...

heres some of the names on the files in the i386 folder:
    - sendmail.dll
    - WINLOGON
    - WSSCRIPT
    - DellSys.dll
    - AGENTSVR (shows man in suit with black shades and hat as icon)
    - (jpeg file) name desktop_screen_shot. as preview on left side show desktop and desert wallpaper and browser open and paintshop open.

Heres some refference for you to help me get rid of this nasty virus:
    - TechSpot : Tech Enthusiasts, Power Users, Gamers
    - Search

and here is result when scanned with SDfix:

Trojan Files Found:

Could Not Remove C:\csrss.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\lsasss.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\remote.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\windowz.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsys.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\winxp.exe

HiddenStupid, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Is anyone familiar with passing messages via csrss/DTC?

1. Is anyone familiar with passing messages via csrss/DTC? - Similar Threads - anyone familiar passing

2. Anyone familiar with Windows 10 22H2 and system model compatibility?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anyone familiar with Windows 10 22H2 and system model compatibility?: I would like to know if anyone knows if there are HP drivers and BIOS and firmware updates outside of Microsoft for a HP 17 inch laptop.. Windows wants to install the update to windows 10 64 bit 22H2, and i am hesitant.i want to see if installing it may resolve any conflicts,...
  3. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone familiar with this issue: One of the customers I work with submitted a ticket, and to be honest I was not familiar with this issue at all. Basically, while the customer was logged in, a pop-up came on the screen and it was a pop-up of the log-in screen that you see when you initially log in to Windows...
  4. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is anyone familiar with this issue: One of the customers I work with submitted a ticket, and to be honest I was not familiar with this issue at all. Basically, while the customer was logged in, a pop-up came on the screen and it was a pop-up of the log-in screen that you see when you initially log in to Windows...
  5. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. anyone familiar with a company called astronorm tech solutions?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    anyone familiar with a company called astronorm tech solutions?: anyone familiar with astronorm tech solutions? they want to sell me internet security services https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anyone-familiar-with-a-company-called-astronorm/7b3b3596-443d-44d8-8405-e7d3fa080789
  7. Anyone familiar with minitool partition wizard from usb?

Anyone familiar with minitool partition wizard from usb?: So i forget why as it was weeks back, but i was attempting an action with minitool that basically resulted in the realization it had to be done from a bootable environment. i noticed the application has a bootable media button right in it, so i figured NBD. well i got...
  8. ANTI-VIRUS - Is anyone familiar with TOTALAV?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ANTI-VIRUS - Is anyone familiar with TOTALAV?: Is anyone familiar with TOTALAV? While using CHROME, this came up on screen to download for free for all windows users. Wondering if it"s legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus/9c6a86fe-f7b9-46b6-a61f-f183d60cf3f7"
  9. Out of curiosity anyone familiar with this type of error mentioned in the image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Out of curiosity anyone familiar with this type of error mentioned in the image: Troubleshooting done already- 1 reinstallation of windows OS 2 Secure boot disabled Its Windows 10 pro and the activation status is linked digitally to MS account the system was never in windows S mode image reference for error https://imgur.com/a/SOu34RA...
  10. Anyone familiar with Microsoft's Virtual Bread Board App?

Anyone familiar with Microsoft's Virtual Bread Board App?: I am unable to follow the getting started tutorial with VBB. (Missing power-off button and no power to simulation) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-familiar-with-microsofts-virtual-bread/e04510e2-f89e-451f-bcc5-a5566eaf642d