Windows 10: Is anyone having a problem with Windows 10 refusing access to USB remote drives?

Discus and support Is anyone having a problem with Windows 10 refusing access to USB remote drives? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If so , I have the answer to it and you don't have to go to remote repairs by Microsoft techs who can screw up your computer big time and then claim... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterClarkin, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Is anyone having a problem with Windows 10 refusing access to USB remote drives?

If so , I have the answer to it and you don't have to go to remote repairs by Microsoft techs who can screw up your computer big time and then claim that you need to pay for Assured Support to fix the problem.

Ok, so here is the story. I have a remote drive to which windows refused to allow me to access. No matter what I tried I couldn't get any sense out of either the drive or windows tech support . I got so frustrated I bought a new drive and tried to copy the information from the suspect one to the new one. Because the old drive was already plugged in, it registered with windows as D:\. and of course wouldn't give me access to it . I unplugged it and plugged in the new drive . Immediately , Windows registered the new drive as D:\.

When I plugged in the old drive , with the new drive still in place Windows registered it as K:\ and gave me full access . I transferred the info to the new drive and now they both work fine. My theory is: The tech who earlier played with my computer on remote repair closed the old drive with a denial of service logarithm which would not allow D:\ it to be read or edited by any user on my computer . When I forced the drive letter change by changing the order of the drives I removed the denial of service. I don't yet have proof that my theory is correct but when I do I'll post here . The important thing is: the problem is easily fixed if you know how to change drives . It's taken me about 3 months to find the solution because I had no real help from Windows support. They could have told me the solution on day one.

:)

PeterClarkin, Mar 25, 2019
  2. visdhiman Win User

USB Drive not working in Remote Desktop app in Windows 10

Hello,

I am using Remote Desktop app in windows 10 for remotely accessing my PC from tablet. The problem is I am not able to use USB pen drive in the remote computer. It is working on the local PC. I have tried to find the setting for this in the app but it is
    not there. Can anyone please tell me how to access USB drive in remote PC?

Thanks!

visdhiman, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Is anyone having a problem with Windows 10 refusing access to USB remote drives?

Delta6326, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Is anyone having a problem with Windows 10 refusing access to USB remote drives?

1. Is anyone having a problem with Windows 10 refusing access to USB remote drives? - Similar Threads - anyone having problem

2. Can't access Microsoft server. Anyone else having problems?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't access Microsoft server. Anyone else having problems?: Tried contacting support...hopelessCant access outlook.live emails...Can't verify account...doesn't recognize phone number!Cant view subscription..."Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again"...
  3. Can't access Microsoft server. Anyone else having problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Microsoft server. Anyone else having problems?: Tried contacting support...hopelessCant access outlook.live emails...Can't verify account...doesn't recognize phone number!Cant view subscription..."Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again"...
  4. Anyone's external drives refuse to stay asleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone's external drives refuse to stay asleep?: So ive burned days on this, i'm now feeling pretty defeated. I've basically reverted the hot mess i made trying to resolve it and gave up. I have a few thousand dollars worth of hard drives. Half of them are external as my case was just only so big and wasnt feeling the nas...
  5. remote hard drive access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remote hard drive access: Hello; I replaced a hard drive in a laptop with a SSD cloned, it works fine. Bought a case for the drive removed, but when I connect it via usb, the drive powers up, and I get the icon showing a usb connection, but the drive doesn't show up in the tree. I left the...
  6. access a USB drive on Windows 10, but have been greeted with the 'Access Denied' message

access a USB drive on Windows 10, but have been greeted with the 'Access Denied' message: Hello. I have been trying to access a USB drive on Windows 10, but have been greeted with the 'Access Denied' message. I checked the following regedit entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR -> Start is set to 3, so USB drivers should be allowed....
  7. remote access problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote access problems: can anyone please help me out here? I am having issues with my PC it has all the windows 10 updates I have even just yesterday reset it to factory but still cant get rid of whoever is accessing my connection remotely. I did try the windows defender and have numerous...
  8. Remote access problem..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote access problem..: Hey.. I m using WINDOWS SERVER 2012 R2 in my server which is accessing remotely. And im using windows 10 in my laptop. Previously password was saved in the Remote desktop connection and last day what I did is removed the saved password.. After that first time I entered...
  9. Toshiba Satillite Refuses to Boot to Windows 10 Usb, (No CD Drive)

Toshiba Satillite Refuses to Boot to Windows 10 Usb, (No CD Drive): I got a Client who wants a password reset on their system, but the methods for doing so, (in this case through reinstall through windows 10 USB), refuses to be detected, or more specifically, automatically just boots to windows 10 of the previous BIOs, I'm not trying to beat...
  10. Anyone having this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone having this problem?: Everytime I try and upload a photo, no matter which site, I get "working on it"! Anyone else having this problem? If so, did you fix it? [img] 22654