Windows 10: Is anyone still having issues with tiny cursor syndrome in apps?

Discus and support Is anyone still having issues with tiny cursor syndrome in apps? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; TLDR; Ensure scaling settings are all the same and no monitors are duplicated. Sign out and sign back in. Every thread found on it is locked. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Techmobo, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Techmobo Win User

Is anyone still having issues with tiny cursor syndrome in apps?

TLDR; Ensure scaling settings are all the same and no monitors are duplicated. Sign out and sign back in.

Every thread found on it is locked.

I work in IT and just had a client call with the issue.

I couldn't find a solution anywhere.

Everyone was blaming drivers, except we use the same drivers across thousands of computers.

The issue was with display settings.

The client had 3 monitors.

2 were duplicated, one was separate.

They all had 100% scaling.

When i separated monitors 1/3 monitor 3 had 150% scaling even though during duplication 1/3 said 100%

Reducing scaling to 100% to match the other two and signing out and signing back in fixed the issue.

Hope this helps someone.

(This was in Windows 10 with MS Word 2016 in local and remote versions of the app)

:)

Techmobo, Nov 22, 2019
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Tiny Mouse Cursor Problems in ZBrush, WPS office, and other 3rd party apps...

There was an unsolved but closed issue here with the title:
    Tiny Mouse Cursor Problems in "cubase"

I would like to connect here with the same problem becuase it is not just one application, I have problem with Zbrush too.

I have a notebook and a desktop pc with windows home 64bit version 1803 built: 17134.345

The only workaround is to start Zbrush right after I can use my mouse when Windows starts up.

It's not that Zbrush uses special dpi.

this issue is linked with some third party apps like WPS office, but I remember having this issue with Microsoft Office too.

The application cursors go so tiny I can't even work with this softwares.

If it is caused by third party driver which driver should I uninstall?

welcomerobots, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Is anyone still having issues with tiny cursor syndrome in apps?

Windows 10 Facebook App Cursor Problem

Hello Jonathan,

I realize that the cursor is having issue when using the Facebook app in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Is the issue specific to the Facebook App?
    • From where did you download the App?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    Let’s try with some steps which helps you resolving the issue.

Step 1: Perform a clean boot
    and check if issue persists.

To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run
    a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Disclaimer: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Step 2:
    Run a Windows app troubleshooter and check.

If you have problems with an app, try this app troubleshooter.

Refer: Windows app troubleshooter

Keep us posted if the cursor issue is resolved to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Is anyone still having issues with tiny cursor syndrome in apps?

1. Is anyone still having issues with tiny cursor syndrome in apps? - Similar Threads - anyone still having

2. anyone have that issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone have that issue?: my laptop keeps restarting or freezing when i open roblox i tried to reinstall the app but didnt work and i cant repare it from apps and featurs by oppening the advanced options my laptop is:msi katana 15Graphic card: RTX 3050ti12th gen intelR coreTM i7-12700Hwindows update:...
  3. anyone have that issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    anyone have that issue?: my laptop keeps restarting or freezing when i open roblox i tried to reinstall the app but didnt work and i cant repare it from apps and featurs by oppening the advanced options my laptop is:msi katana 15Graphic card: RTX 3050ti12th gen intelR coreTM i7-12700Hwindows update:...
  4. anyone have that issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is anyone at Microsoft actually working on the problem of tiny, tiny text in dialog boxes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone at Microsoft actually working on the problem of tiny, tiny text in dialog boxes?: Apparently there is still no solution to the tiny, tiny text in my dialog boxes, Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad laptop. I have been waiting patently for a solution. Is anyone at Microsoft working on the problem. I am so tired of having to use a magnifying glass to see the text in...
  6. Is there anyone still working on UWP apps?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is there anyone still working on UWP apps?: Is there anyone still working on UWP apps?Is there any future for UWP apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-anyone-still-working-on-uwp-apps/d629e267-f646-431c-ad45-9724d7d02756
  7. Is anyone having issues with the Office Mobile apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is anyone having issues with the Office Mobile apps?: They won't let me edit any files, even if I'm logged with my university 365 account. I prefer using them most of the times, but now I'm tied to the complete apps, which feel old (yet powerful) to me. Has anyone had the same issue? submitted by /u/TuttFox [link]...
  8. Toolbars within apps have become tiny

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toolbars within apps have become tiny: I hit something that's caused the toolbars in my Photoshop and Flight Simulator apps possibly others to become super tiny. Everything was fine a day ago and my desktop and taskbar remain normal. Any suggestions? Thanks! Have screen shots if needed...
  9. Anyone else having this issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having this issue?: Ever since the first 2018 update windows won't update or install any apps from the store I keep getting this code "error 0x80070005" I had to 'manually'' update windows by reinstalling it, please let me know if anyone has a solution submitted by /u/crippling_cancer [link]...
  10. Anyone having issues with the Windows Mail App?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone having issues with the Windows Mail App?: I keep having issues with the Windows Mail app. Every time I try to delete things in Yahoo!, it freezes up and stops responding. Is it fixable? 30114