Windows 10: Is background music built-in Photos app has someone's else copyright?

Discus and support Is background music built-in Photos app has someone's else copyright? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have created a video with the help of Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Home. I have used the in-built background music Microsoft provides by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nilabh Verma, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Is background music built-in Photos app has someone's else copyright?

Hi,

I have created a video with the help of Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Home. I have used the in-built background music Microsoft provides by default. Once I uploaded that video to YouTube, I got a copyright strike due to that background music. What does that mean? I can't use the background music provided by Microsoft?

:)

Nilabh Verma, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Seangibb Win User

Copyright on music in Windows Photos app

Can someone answer this question fully, I have been making youtube videos with said background music and have been getting copyright claims against them. The claimed music and background music don't share the same names and I cannot even find the "original"
    song that I am copyrighting. You'd think that microsoft would make that music copyright free, but we'll see.

Seangibb, Oct 3, 2020
  3. LordScree Win User
    Copyright on music in Windows Photos app

Using the built-in Video Editor in Photos (which is awesome, by the way), it's possible to add background music to video clips.

I was intending to use this for a short work-related presentation, but a colleague queried the licence on the music - are there any restrictions on the use of the background audio? There do not appear to be any licence restrictions mentioned in the tool
    itself.

Many thanks.

PS Another similar query was unanswered in December:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/all/music-copyright-in-windows-video-editor/2eff8f90-6628-4312-8b19-e8e470570191

I can confirm that the Video Editor is definitely available in Windows 10 Enterprise (1909) - just search "Video" and it's the first option for me.

Is background music built-in Photos app has someone's else copyright? a8b94031-8180-4418-865f-e2e9de4a4626?upload=true.png

EDIT: I have just realised this is part of the Photos app! I have amended the title and category to reflect this.

EDIT2: Now I know it's part of Photos, I have found a similar question from March 2019:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-music-copyrighted-on-windows-10-photo-app/0c8f3afc-b9d1-4f15-a826-2b563cb18c7e

The response provides some more information (i.e. that this is part of Windows Story Remix), but does not provide a clear indication of who owns the copyright and under what licence it is available for reuse.

LordScree, Oct 3, 2020
  4. bevzhou Win User

Is background music built-in Photos app has someone's else copyright?

Microsoft Video Editor app background music copyright

I used Microsoft photo/video editor app background music in one of my video which I uploaded to YouTube, later YouTube marked this video music copyright issue. I believe all the background musics in this app are generic, free to use, please let me know
    what should I do? currently I have 60K views on this video. BTW, this video is about composting with kitchen waste. Thanks in advance.

bevzhou, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Is background music built-in Photos app has someone's else copyright?

1. Is background music built-in Photos app has someone's else copyright? - Similar Threads - background music built

2. What background music is Copyright protected on Video Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What background music is Copyright protected on Video Editor: Hi there, I am trying to research which background music can be used on the Microsoft Video editor that do not violate or flag for copyright issues. I was under the impression that the background music provided was public domain and/or allowed to use. I am editing short...
  3. Microsoft Video Editor app background music copyright

Microsoft Video Editor app background music copyright: I used Microsoft photo/video editor app background music in one of my video which I uploaded to YouTube, later YouTube marked this video music copyright issue. I believe all the background musics in this app are generic, free to use, please let me know what should I do?...
  4. Is the background music, within the Window's Photos App/ Video Maker, copyright free? Or...

Is the background music, within the Window's Photos App/ Video Maker, copyright free? Or...: I have made several youtube videos with said background music and have started to receive copyright claims on those videos. I don't mind getting the rights, but the names of the song in the background playlist, don't match the names of what I am using, nor can I even find the...
  5. Copyright on music in Windows Photos app

Copyright on music in Windows Photos app: Using the built-in Video Editor in Photos which is awesome, by the way, it's possible to add background music to video clips. I was intending to use this for a short work-related presentation, but a colleague queried the licence on the music - are there any restrictions on...
  6. Is The Photos Stickers On Photos App CopyRighted

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is The Photos Stickers On Photos App CopyRighted: Is The Photos Stickers On Photos App CopyRighted Can I use it on content for youtube? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-photos-stickers-on-photos-app-copyrighted/b190ccc9-43e2-4d5d-ab2a-e9eab3c47f01
  7. Microsoft Photos App only has 1 background music?

Microsoft Photos App only has 1 background music?: So I make some videos in Microsoft Photos App, and I of course add music but... I just want the already made ones, but... There's only one. The happy Rythm thing. Which annoys me cause I don't wanna put the same music all over again. I would like to know how do I get more?...
  8. Background music in Photos App

Background music in Photos App: Hello Is it possible to have background music playing on selected images and muted in others? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-music-in-photos-app/decec2d0-768c-49de-bbe9-6022411fd3c6
  9. Use of background music supplied with Photos app

Use of background music supplied with Photos app: I created a slideshow video in Photos app. I used one of the background music clips suggested in the app - the Ravel piece. Facebook questioned whether I had the right to use the clip. When I use the background music suggested by Photos, do I need to worry about obtaining...
  10. Is the Music Copyrighted on Windows 10 Photo app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is the Music Copyrighted on Windows 10 Photo app: I am using "Rescue Crew" music from Windows 10 Photo Video editor in one of my videos for my company on You tube. Is this music copyrighted?...