Windows 10: Is Backgrounddownload.exe a system app?

Discus and support Is Backgrounddownload.exe a system app? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently some of my data is being used up quickly and i cant pinpoint why so i download netbalancer and now i see that there is this app called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dhruvbzw, May 7, 2020.

1. Is Backgrounddownload.exe a system app?

Recently some of my data is being used up quickly and i cant pinpoint why so i download netbalancer and now i see that there is this app called Backgrounddownload.exe which has sucked up some of data, it shows data used by idm separately so i m sure as hell i didnt download anything using it, I do wonder if its a system update thing? but my last system update was long ago

submitted by /u/dhruvbzw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dhruvbzw, May 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Is Backgrounddownload.exe a system app? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 7, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 7, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Is Backgrounddownload.exe a system app?

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Is Backgrounddownload.exe a system app?

1. Is Backgrounddownload.exe a system app? - Similar Threads - Backgrounddownload exe system

2. RtkNGUI64.exe - System error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RtkNGUI64.exe - System error: Hello, I've had this computer for a while now and i never had this issue. Recently however, i keep seeing "The code execution cannot proceed because ResampleDmo.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem" How do i fix this? I am on windows 11....
  3. RtkNGUI64.exe - System error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RtkNGUI64.exe - System error: Hello, I've had this computer for a while now and i never had this issue. Recently however, i keep seeing "The code execution cannot proceed because ResampleDmo.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem" How do i fix this? I am on windows 11....
  4. Problem with Python .exe apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with Python .exe apps: Hi,I've made a python program and I converted it to .exe file using pyinstaller. But the defender detects it as a trojan. Is there any way to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problem-with-python-exe-apps/e55c4306-a52b-4dad-b93b-d43de1552236
  5. rundll32.exe - System Error

in Windows 10 Support
    rundll32.exe - System Error: Im Getting "a new guard page for the stack cannot be created" Error While Zooming a JPEG in Windows Photo Viewer. Sometimes When Pressing Arrow Keys To View Next Photos. But Its Only Happening If There are RAW Files With Same Name. And Error Shows Faster When Adobe Photoshop...
  6. exe apps or store apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    exe apps or store apps?: I have Spotify installed in 2 laptops. I'm using the x64 exe on one, and the store version in the other. Am I right that there's virtually no difference between the two? Is one supposed to be better than the other? submitted by /u/TofuNinja5 [link] [comments]...
  7. System User Group - Devcon exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System User Group - Devcon exe: Hi, We have a problem about windows 10. Normally for USB usage restriction we use group policy. We set two policies; 1- "Prevent installation of devices that match any of these device IDs" 2- "Allow administrator to override Device Installation Restrictions policies"...
  8. .app to be seen as .exe.....help!

.app to be seen as .exe.....help!: hey guys, i need help with something.... i need to make netflix.app to be seen as netflix.exe is this possible..im creating a media center and when its.app it opens in the backgound and not over the media center maximized..... any help! is their a alias or something that...
  9. System Transparency Exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Transparency Exe: Hi there, I have a huge problem. I have my 50 inch Tv hooked up to my Pc as an extended monitor. I also run "systemtransparency.exe" on my computer. But know after using it to make my windows explorer transparent it has left the image of my desktop Imprinted on my...
  10. .exe file for Calendar App

.exe file for Calendar App: Hi all, So, the title says it all - I need to find the .exe file for the W10 built-in Calendar App. A simple shortcut file won't do, because the Logitech Options software for my mouse (MX Master) won't allow to configure a mouse button to it. Yes, I did try. An...