Windows 10: Is backup software a gimmick ????

Discus and support Is backup software a gimmick ???? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; What I understand about backup is you copy the files to another storage medium. Simply selecting the files and then copy-and-paste and then that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Tsw88, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Tsw88 Win User

Is backup software a gimmick ????

What I understand about backup is you copy the files to another storage medium.

Simply selecting the files and then copy-and-paste and then that should do it......

Why there is often what so-called backup software? They may even charge.

Why do we need those software?

:)

Tsw88, Sep 29, 2018
  2. SIW2 Win User

Software to backup windows

I suggest Aomei Backupper. It is very simple to use. The free ( standard version) will be fine.

Under the backup Tab, click System backup, then at Step 2 , browse to the location you want to save the backup image. Then click "Start Backup"

Is backup software a gimmick ???? [​IMG]

Download it from here:

Best Windows Backup and Restore Software | AOMEI Backupper

3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/back_up.html

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Is backup software a gimmick ???? - Similar Threads - backup software gimmick

2. by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks??: by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-the-way-can-someone-suggest-me-a-free-antivirus/00651d33-4138-42f1-a420-b3c4c0c77761
  3. by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks??: by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-the-way-can-someone-suggest-me-a-free-antivirus/00651d33-4138-42f1-a420-b3c4c0c77761
  4. by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. backup using multiple softwares

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup using multiple softwares: Recently I've been thinking of backup my laptop and I was scouting a suitable software. But I am in a dilemma of choosing it mainly because there are no software that is perfect. I mean every software has its disadvantages or bad user experience etc. So I was wondering, is it...
  6. backup using multiple softwares

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backup using multiple softwares: Recently I've been thinking of backup my laptop and I was scouting a suitable software. But I am in a dilemma of choosing it mainly because there are no software that is perfect. I mean every software has its disadvantages or bad user experience etc. So I was wondering, is it...
  7. Does this backup software exist?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does this backup software exist?: I'm looking for a backup software for Win10 that can backup specifically selected folders that I select instead of backing up the whole drive, and only back up the files if they have changed or updated so it doesn't take a long time rewriting every file that hasn't been...
  8. Tape backup software

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Tape backup software: What are current recommendations for this please? I use an Ultrium-4 drive on a server and iSCSI connection from a booted CD to take image backups of all the machines here at home, but dd isn't the best of backup utilities *Smile I can't afford a PetaByte disk array so...
  9. Free file backup software

Free file backup software: Hi, Can anyone suggest a good free third party software for file backup.....? I googled it, but it seems that some free tools do not work well with W10. I have Macrium and use it for Imaging/Cloning, but the free version does not offer file backup. I would like to...
  10. Recommendation for image backup software

Recommendation for image backup software: Hi All, Just wondering what image backup software do you recommend? I've been using Acronis 2016 and I've had a couple of minor niggles with it lately and am thinking about changing. I would prefer something with a small footprint and an easy to use interface. 25307