Windows 10: Is big brother watching me? (mysterious eye on bottom right of screen)

Discus and support Is big brother watching me? (mysterious eye on bottom right of screen) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I've been befuddled by a new addition to my computer recently. It's an "eye" which appears as an overlay on the bottom right of my main... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by stat, May 4, 2021.

1. stat Win User

Is big brother watching me? (mysterious eye on bottom right of screen)

Hi everyone. I've been befuddled by a new addition to my computer recently. It's an "eye" which appears as an overlay on the bottom right of my main windows screen. It appears randomly, perhaps once every 5 minutes or so, and as it is an overlay it appears over all open windows and programs, but only on my main monitor. I cannot access it, it has no normal windows functionality, and as it is an overlay it doesn't show up on screenshots. It has what appears to be a loading bar below the "eye" and it sometimes seems that the progress indicator on the loading bar might move a bit, but usually the loading bar appears around 3/4 complete and never reaches full. I was able to take a picture with my phone, as again, two different methods of saving a screenshot would not work. Here are the pics: So can anyone tell me what this is and should I be worried about it? I tried numerous web searches and nothing comes up. I haven't tried an image search yet, maybe that is what I should try next. Oh, windows version is 2004 (OS Build 19041.867) Oh, and if you recommend I post somewhere else please let me know. Thanks,

:)

stat, May 4, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

stumped (mysterious eye on bottom right of screen)

I suggest you post a list [or series of screenshots but do crop each of them as much as possible] showing your installed applications and Windows apps.
    Settings, Apps- It would also be worth looking through the entries in Task manager, Processes but that list is far too long to post.
    - I think the same applies to the results of running Tasklist in either a cmd or PowerShell window but you could usefully look through it for any tell-tale names.
    Perhaps somebody will recognise one of them as the culprit.

Denis

Your previous thread was at Is big brother watching me (mysterious eye on bottom right of screen) - TenForums

Try3, May 5, 2021
  3. stat Win User

Thanks , Jaycee I'm so glad it's not a virus!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Jacee or anyone,
    How do I turn this feature off? I have been finding it difficult. I snooped around my settings and didn't find the exact name. I found something when searching for visual that has to do with the touch screen, pictured below.

Is big brother watching me? (mysterious eye on bottom right of screen) [​IMG]

The other thing I found searching had to do with eye movement. I don't have any eye movement device installed.
    Where to next?

stat, May 5, 2021
  4. stat Win User

Hi everyone. I've been befuddled by a new addition to my computer recently. It's an "eye" which appears as an overlay on the bottom right of my main windows screen. It appears randomly, perhaps once every 5 minutes or so, and as it is an overlay it appears over all open windows and programs, but only on my main monitor. I cannot access it, it has no normal windows functionality, and as it is an overlay it doesn't show up on screenshots. It has what appears to be a loading bar below the "eye" and it sometimes seems that the progress indicator on the loading bar might move a bit, but usually the loading bar appears around 3/4 complete and never reaches full. I was able to take a picture with my phone, as again, two different methods of saving a screenshot would not work. Here are the pics:

So can anyone tell me what this is and should I be worried about it? I tried numerous web searches and nothing comes up. I haven't tried an image search yet, maybe that is what I should try next.
    Oh, windows version is 2004 (OS Build 19041.867)
    Oh, and if you recommend I post somewhere else please let me know.

Thanks,

stat, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Is big brother watching me? (mysterious eye on bottom right of screen) - Similar Threads - big brother watching

2. Windows 11 Big Brother is killing me ..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Big Brother is killing me ..: I got windows 11 and now particularly opera browser and vivaldi browser won't run after some time meaning that when I boot the PC they can run, but if I close either then after some time they won't launch anymore. Firefox browser and other apps works normal.I guess human life...
  3. Windows 11 Big Brother is killing me ..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Big Brother is killing me ..: I got windows 11 and now particularly opera browser and vivaldi browser won't run after some time meaning that when I boot the PC they can run, but if I close either then after some time they won't launch anymore. Firefox browser and other apps works normal.I guess human life...
  4. unwanted notification bottom right of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unwanted notification bottom right of screen: After closing a "private" window in a browser Brave, Vivaldi, Firefox etc on clicking on the speaker icon I see a notification that exposes my browsing history.I have all notifications turned off. Here is an exampleHow can I prevent these form showing?...
  5. unwanted notification bottom right of screen

unwanted notification bottom right of screen: After closing a "private" window in a browser Brave, Vivaldi, Firefox etc on clicking on the speaker icon I see a notification that exposes my browsing history.I have all notifications turned off. Here is an exampleHow can I prevent these form showing?...
  6. Ads in bottom right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads in bottom right corner of the screen: showing ads on win 11 laptop right side corneranyone have solution for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-in-bottom-right-corner-of-the-screen/3479ae94-6cf9-450b-8958-273687a6b6b4
  7. Ads in bottom right corner of the screen

Ads in bottom right corner of the screen: showing ads on win 11 laptop right side corneranyone have solution for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-in-bottom-right-corner-of-the-screen/3479ae94-6cf9-450b-8958-273687a6b6b4
  8. Mouse stuck in bottom right of screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse stuck in bottom right of screen: I was just starting up my pc and my mouse started flickering back to the edge og the bottom right part of the screen. i have searched up the problem but it seems like they indicate its a problem with that mouse specifically, which its not. i tried with another mouse and its...
  9. Ads in bottom right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ads in bottom right corner of the screen: The bottom right of the screen - how to prevent popup ads, other than just clicking the X to clear them off when they appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-in-bottom-right-corner-of-the-screen/cf094b51-55a9-4a4e-8321-017a2fee265b
  10. Cursor is dragged to bottom right of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor is dragged to bottom right of the screen: Hello. When I turn on my windows 10 computer, everything works for about half a minute, but then my cursor gets pushed down to the bottom right of the screen by some invisible force. This only happens when I'm on my desktop--but that is enough to make the computer utterly...