Windows 10: Is booting through a installation usb the only option ? I don't have the os disk...

Discus and support Is booting through a installation usb the only option ? I don't have the os disk... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PiyushR66 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PiyushR66, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Is booting through a installation usb the only option ? I don't have the os disk...

/u/PiyushR66, Jun 24, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 24, 2020
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    USB install XP onto old laptop

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310994

Download the boot disk setup, create all 6 boot disks. Insert XP CD, and run off the boot disk, and follow the on screen steps. Then the boot disk will access the XP CD to finish up the install.

I dont think there is a way to install XP via usb if your computer does not support usb booting in the first place.

4. Agility Win User

Is booting through a installation usb the only option ? I don't have the os disk...

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Is booting through a installation usb the only option ? I don't have the os disk...

1. Is booting through a installation usb the only option ? I don't have the os disk... - Similar Threads - booting through installation

2. I can’t boot through USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t boot through USB.: So basically my computer won’t boot which I might be thinking is due to over filling my c: drive with stuff so after my computer auto upgraded to windows 11 I tried to reinstall windows 10 on it due to some minor issues with windows 11 and now it became too full halfway...
  3. I can’t boot through USB.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t boot through USB.: So basically my computer won’t boot which I might be thinking is due to over filling my c: drive with stuff so after my computer auto upgraded to windows 11 I tried to reinstall windows 10 on it due to some minor issues with windows 11 and now it became too full halfway...
  4. I can’t boot through USB.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After installed window 11 i don't have the option to boot from usb in the bios. how can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installed window 11 i don't have the option to boot from usb in the bios. how can i...: i tried to restart the pc with shift then go to advanced and to uefi then it restarted the pc entered the bios but i didn't find anything with uefi.when i restart the pc and press f12 i have only one option to boot from the windows. the bootable usb flash disk is inside the...
  6. After installed window 11 i don't have the option to boot from usb in the bios. how can i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After installed window 11 i don't have the option to boot from usb in the bios. how can i...: i tried to restart the pc with shift then go to advanced and to uefi then it restarted the pc entered the bios but i didn't find anything with uefi.when i restart the pc and press f12 i have only one option to boot from the windows. the bootable usb flash disk is inside the...
  7. Why don't I have the option to install 22h2 yet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't I have the option to install 22h2 yet?: I've already had it on my laptop for months but my desktop PC doesn't have it and the windows updater says it's up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-i-have-the-option-to-install-22h2-yet/0e0bdfd4-7d88-46f8-861e-7f2e90400e79
  8. Hi,installed windows and it turns on only from windows boot manager but I have only one os...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi,installed windows and it turns on only from windows boot manager but I have only one os...: Hi,installed windows and it turns on only from windows boot manager but I have only one os .and windows boot manager is too slow and no hard drive is showing in UEFI BOOT...
  9. Creating a USB boot disk for windows 10 but I only have access to a Mac.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a USB boot disk for windows 10 but I only have access to a Mac.: As the subject says I’m in a bit of a pickle, I foolishly deleted a partition to redo windows but the usb boot disk failed and I need to make another one. I only have access to a mac to get this done and I can’t seem to find a way to format it properly. Has anyone had any...
  10. UEFI Boot Order: OS Installation through PXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Boot Order: OS Installation through PXE: I have query regarding UEFI boot order change after OS installation. I want to know whether the result is expected or not. I am trying to install OS through PXE by following the below procedure: 1. In BIOS setup page, changed the UEFI boot order and set the network...