Windows 10: Is Britic's Security TRICK a good idea?

Discus and support Is Britic's Security TRICK a good idea? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings, I've learned a lot at these forums. Thanks to all you veteran users tolerating a Windows to Mac SWITCHER. I've also learned a lot of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by The Pool Man, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Is Britic's Security TRICK a good idea?

Greetings,

I've learned a lot at these forums. Thanks to all you veteran users tolerating a Windows to Mac SWITCHER.

I've also learned a lot of British YouTuber Britec. He has a bit of advice here that I find interesting. That you not use your Admin account but instead a second account. Why? So that everytime you want to install anything your 'real' Admin account kicks in and demands a password. The notion is that the malware simply won't know that password and you're protected.

(My memory is getting vague now but I have a feeling MacOS does this by default.)

Anyway, here's the video -- YouTube

What do you think?

:)

The Pool Man, Oct 23, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Oct 23, 2019
  3. C2-03 Memory problem-A good Idea to resolve.

hey ,

i just followed the steps you suggested but ...i can't delete it it says security troubles ..!! please help !

vobiscumsatanas, Oct 23, 2019
  4. curatia Win User

Is Britic's Security TRICK a good idea?

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Is Britic's Security TRICK a good idea?

1. Is Britic's Security TRICK a good idea? - Similar Threads - Britic's Security TRICK

2. Why did the devs decide this was a good idea?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did the devs decide this was a good idea?: When I get notifications, windows alerts me, and dampens my sound, including calls and anything else I'm currently listening to, as if these alerts are literally the most important thing going on at any given time. I mean, the thinking behind this is silly. I understand a...
  3. Is it a good idea to turn off sleep on a drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it a good idea to turn off sleep on a drive?: Besides my main nvme which was windows, my pc has 2 hdds. I was always hearing the sound of the drive walking about after i hadnt used it for a while and i was wondering why. Until it hit me today XD There should be an option that forces the drive to go to sleep. And of...
  4. Is it a good idea to merge the C: and D: drive?

Is it a good idea to merge the C: and D: drive?: I have a C: drive that is the default location for all my downloads, and my D: drive is completely empty. I thought to merge them both so as to give more space on one drive. This website here tells me the steps to do it without installing any third party software[In the...
  5. Encrypting the Windows System Disk - good idea or not?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypting the Windows System Disk - good idea or not?: Hi folks! Simple question really. Currently re-building my desktop PC and aiming for Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) dual-booting with Linux Mint on a 240GB SSD. A separate 5TB hard disk for data storage. Not sure about how to set this up - partitioned as two separate drives one...
  6. Is it a good idea to install the latest update?

Is it a good idea to install the latest update?: I paused my updates a while back and forgot to unpause them. I am still running on the 2/11/2020 update. Should I install the latest cumulative update of just the latest security patches? In case it matters, this is a gaming pc. submitted by /u/Turboyoshi0406 [link]...
  7. Online Software- Too Good To Be True Tricks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online Software- Too Good To Be True Tricks: Good article on the warnings signs of buying software like Windows or Office online. Good answers to the occasional Q's we get in this section, especially from newer members - https://www.howtogeek.com/345412/wat...are-resellers/ 106052
  8. resizing a partition -is it a good idea?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    resizing a partition -is it a good idea?: i have come across a program that can resize a new partition when if the primary disk is too full. and wondering how would resizing a partition benefit me in the long run? -not to say iam running low in memory, but "just in case"*Nerd 71887
  9. SSD - Fast Start Up - Is it a good idea?

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD - Fast Start Up - Is it a good idea?: I must admit I don't know much about SSD drives. My current desktop (500 gb Samsung Evo) is the first time I've ever had one. So I worry about how quick they can wear out and of course fast start up is a feature switched on by default by MS. So is it a bad idea to have fast...
  10. 10 on an oldies laptop. Good idea?

in Windows 10 Support
    10 on an oldies laptop. Good idea?: I've had to fix the mother in laws windows 7 laptop which was in a right state. I've installed the 10 technical preview and it runs sweet, found all drivers, easy peasy. No waiting forever to download updates.......boots faster etc. When it comes to windows 10...