Windows 10: Is CALclient access license required for device such as PLC or other dedicated hardware to...

Discus and support Is CALclient access license required for device such as PLC or other dedicated hardware to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am going to purchase a dell server where I will install windows server essentials and SQL server for manufacturing shop floor. There, I am going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Windows Category - All, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Is CALclient access license required for device such as PLC or other dedicated hardware to...

I am going to purchase a dell server where I will install windows server essentials and SQL server for manufacturing shop floor.
    There, I am going to run a self-developed .net c# based app which will communicate with a number of PLCs and sensor devices through TCP socket to receive equipment data. There will be no windows authentication nor file sharing.
    Finally, the program will store collected data from the equipments into SQL server database which is running in the same server, and also it will display collected data from SQL server database.
    The server will be located in none-routed network, so inquiry for the collected data shall be done on the server itself.
    I expect the number of PLCs and sensor devices would be 70.
    I understand that windows server essentials can only be used less than 25 users or 50 devices.
    In this scenario, my question as below.

1 Someone tell that windows CAL is required when the device or user, is *authenticated*.
    In my case, there will be no windows logon nor authentication, except exchanging TCP-socket messages between server app and PLC and devices. If this is true, then even if windows server essentials can only be used less than 25 users or 50 devices, there will be no license problem in running my app on the server. Is this right?

2 Someone tell that windows CAL is required when the device or user accessing a server.
    If this is true, windows server essentials can't be used because the number of devices is more than 50.
    Is this type of exchanging message between server and device also considered accessing the server?

:)

Windows Category - All, Oct 16, 2020

2. hardware and devices

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor, 18 years experienced windows guide. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Kindly follow these steps to access the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow the steps provided below:

Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.

Click on “View All” in the top left corner.

This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Issues with accessing playback devices after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Vohn,

As you are facing issues with accessing the playback device option on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Is CALclient access license required for device such as PLC or other dedicated hardware to...

hardware and devices

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor, 18 years experienced windows guide. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Kindly follow these steps to access the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow the steps provided below:

- Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.

- Click on “View All” in the top left corner.

- This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Refer here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Also refer:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-mor...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Is CALclient access license required for device such as PLC or other dedicated hardware to...

1. Is CALclient access license required for device such as PLC or other dedicated hardware to... - Similar Threads - CALclient access license

2. [Windows server 2022] Required Device CAL license for NTP access devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows server 2022] Required Device CAL license for NTP access devices: Hello Experts,We are going to introduce Windows server 2022 standard into a PC server and think to make it NTP server for underlying devices. And for Remote Desktop Access We will order User CAL 5 users x 6.Now I would like to know when We configure the Windows server as NTP...
  3. [Windows server 2022] Required Device CAL license for NTP access devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Windows server 2022] Required Device CAL license for NTP access devices: Hello Experts,We are going to introduce Windows server 2022 standard into a PC server and think to make it NTP server for underlying devices. And for Remote Desktop Access We will order User CAL 5 users x 6.Now I would like to know when We configure the Windows server as NTP...
  4. A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed: This is going to be a weird one but here it goes; I have two drives, an SSD and a HDD. My Windows 10 was installed on my SSD but was on version 1803, which prevented me from updating to 20H2. I contacted Microsoft support to help me upgrade to 20H2 using a flash drive to...
  5. Hardware Required

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware Required: I have 64gb of ram installed but I can only use 4. My motherboard has no built in graphics card. msi godlike z390. Ive down the msconfig thing and it doesnt work. I am just confused [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Hardware requirements.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hardware requirements.: Here's my PC model https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06146479#AbT0 I'm interested in upgrading ram, HDD, is there any possibilities of upgrading to ssd, NVME. AND ALSO EXTRA RAM. WITH OUT CHANGING THE SYSTEM DRIVE I.E HDD LET ME KNOW.............
  7. Driver download on plc software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver download on plc software: I have just purchased a new surface pro and downloaded unitronics vision software. When I try and download USB drive i get this message; You have to run the 64-bit version of Dplnst.exe on this machine, contact the vendor that provided you with this package. i have tried to...
  8. PXI - Other hardware - HID-compliand device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PXI - Other hardware - HID-compliand device?: isnt the spelling compliant ,is this a safe update?. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pxi-other-hardware-hid-compliand-device/04672b84-9cfe-4de1-bc79-5807b9fce116
  9. Hardware Access Error trying to access the camera and microphone on Messenger and other...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware Access Error trying to access the camera and microphone on Messenger and other...: I use the Asus Zenbook 14 laptop. Once I try to make/answer a call on Messenger or access the websites which require a camera, the hardware access error appears. I have enabled all the camera and microphone settings on my laptop and both the browsers Google Chrome and...
  10. A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed

in Windows 10 News
    A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to fix error A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed with codes 0xc0000185, 0xc0000225, 0xc0000001, 0xc00000f, 0xc000000e on a Windows 10 system. We have recommended below a few solutions, depending [...]...