Windows 10: Is CCleaner safe now ?!

Discus and support Is CCleaner safe now ?! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So guys i was wondering is it safe to use CCleaner, even i tested the latest version on Virustotal and still shows 2/62 infected !? [img] 95083 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xhemal1325, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Is CCleaner safe now ?!

So guys i was wondering is it safe to use CCleaner, even i tested the latest version on Virustotal and still shows 2/62 infected !?

Is CCleaner safe now ?! [​IMG]

:)

xhemal1325, Oct 8, 2017
  2. Jeff_167 Win User

Is it safe now to use ccleaner?

I'm a bit concerned when a 'CEO' can't spell Security Breach properly. That just put me off CCleaner for life.

Jeff_167, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Is it safe now to use ccleaner?

I think it isn't safe yet because every freaking time I turn on my computer it asks for special permissions,
    also,

on my chromebook, i had to delete it because if I closed it, it turned back on.

TheEpicGamer, Oct 8, 2017
  4. Is CCleaner safe now ?!

Josey Wales, Oct 8, 2017
  5. What does CCleaner do?

margrave55, Oct 11, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    Yep its safe to use, has been since version 5.34.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is CCleaner safe now ?!

1. Is CCleaner safe now ?! - Similar Threads - CCleaner safe

2. Is CCleaner safe or effective?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is CCleaner safe or effective?: I have been using CCleaner for a while now. However recently I have heard that it is not safe or effective. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ccleaner-safe-or-effective/1a8fa485-f1be-4d47-9bfb-b9694b3cc7d6
  3. Is CCleaner safe or effective?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is CCleaner safe or effective?: I have been using CCleaner for a while now. However recently I have heard that it is not safe or effective. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ccleaner-safe-or-effective/1a8fa485-f1be-4d47-9bfb-b9694b3cc7d6
  4. Is CCleaner safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is CCleaner safe?: I normally yes it to clear the history of the web browsers I use, empty recycle bin and things like that to save me having to do all these things one at a time. But I saw something that said they'd been hacked and up to some shady stuff. Is it safe? Thanks. submitted by...
  5. Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program?

Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program?: My OS and passwords to sites I am logged into are my main concerns of messing up cause I have a lot of different passwords. I try to keep them all saved on a flash drive but, always manage to need one I can no longer find LOL! Thanks! *Smile 162051
  6. CCleaner is, IMO, safe to use. Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CCleaner is, IMO, safe to use. Windows 10: Some time ago, experts here advised us to uninstall it; it had been bought by Avast and ended up 'bloated' and was causing issues. If you search the Community you'll see that there are lots of queries about the App, mainly "is this safe?". I asked the same question in my...
  7. Ccleaner is safe to use. Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ccleaner is safe to use. Windows 10: Some time ago, experts here advised us to uninstall it; it had been bought by Avast and ended up 'bloated' and was causing issues. If you search the Community you'll see that there are lots of queries about the App, mainly "is this safe?". I asked the same question in my...
  8. Is CCleaner safe to use in Windows 10, revisited!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is CCleaner safe to use in Windows 10, revisited!: I lost a key file on Friday doing disk maintenance. On Monday when I went to use the file, it was no longer there, along with the folder it was in. I searched on Google for a file utility that would be able to find recently deleted files. Enter CCCleaner! As a result of...
  9. CCleaner "status" as "safe to use"?

CCleaner "status" as "safe to use"?: Hi. Not so long a go, Piriform/Avast had some serious issues with Free CCleaner (from user point of view) for e.g. forcibly running in the background, updating itself without user interaction etc. Now they seem to introduce some "Software Updater" functionality which I...
  10. Ccleaner safe or will it cause more issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ccleaner safe or will it cause more issues?: I have a couple of questions, first is Ccleaner okay to use? Also whats a safe site to download it from? I’ve uninstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator Stream and reinstalled it but at times it will freeze up when switching from one aircraft to another. I want to uninstall the...